ASADA want AFL and NRL to ban Dank for life

Remove this Banner Ad

ASADA has recommended the NRL and AFL ban sports scientist Stephen Dank for life over the controversial supplements programs he devised at Cronulla and Essendon.

As 17 past and present Sharks players received ‘show cause’ notices on Wednesday, The Daily Telegraph learned ASADA has written to both codes to recommend Dank has no further involvement with Australia’s two most-watched sports.

He (Dank) has also received notification that he appears on the register and that ASADA has written to both codes recommending their preferred punishment of a life ban.

It’s understood the AFL will wait until the Federal Court verdict of Essendon’s case is handed down, before it convenes a hearing into ASADA’s recommendations on Dank.

The NRL declined to give any information on Wednesday night as to when it will deal with the sports scientist, offering “no comment” in response to The Daily Telegraph’s inquiries.

https://sslcam.news.com.au/cam/authorise?channel=pc&url=http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nrl/sharks-asada-case-asada-recommends-the-nrl-and-afl-ban-stephen-dank-for-life/story-fn7shzfu-1227031201695?nk=ac505c6fd08107502e85293adcec89bb

What are you talking about? Only the sports can penalise, not ASADA.
I'd assume he means no sporting club is going near Dank ever again, it doesn't need ASADA writing pretty please letters for this to happen.

I'd assume he means no sporting club is going near Dank ever again, it doesn't need ASADA writing pretty please letters for this to happen.
All part of the process. We know how much you Dons like your process. :p

Yup.

Surely this would be the one thing that would unite every single poster on here. Any club that would willingly allow Dank anywhere near their players or coach staff again deserves to be deregistered for sheer stupidity alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they have some evidence and not just playing a bluff hand in a game of poker

Haha, indeed. Being on the Register means Dank has sank... Ok, I know it should be sunk...

Last edited:
Awesome news. Guess its more badnews for Essendon (which is great)

Things starting to move along now, tut tut

Nah, you've got it all wrong mate. This is actually good for Essendon, as someone (kfc?, andrewb?) will be along to tell us directly. Essendon are innocent, after all. Dank must have got done for all them drugz he was handing out at Gold Coast and Melbourne.

Where's GG to remind us about how nothing had happened to Dank? And I'd really like to know Bobby Charlton's take on this. It's an odd state of affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back