Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I think our future is bright.
Cunnington has really improved this year.
Atley is still providing plenty of dash for us off half back
Swallow is still getting back to his best after overcoming an Achilles injury.
Ben Brown is tracking nicely in the fwd line.
We have Trent Dumont and Mason Wood yet to debut who will be guns.

Players like Ziebell and Bastinac have stagnated a little.
But I still have confidence in them.
Same goes for Aaron Black, who has apparently been carrying minor injuries this season.
Rumor has it we are going for Jared Waite as well to boost our fwd stocks.

jacko57

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dude. you're a north fan, you can hardly talk:confused:
Cats, Hawks, etc can boast of more
Mate, your club is copping exactly what it deserves after the Lake beat up.

And your supporters are just showing what massive hypocrites they are. Couldn't wait to drop Lake in it. Ignored Petrie's filthy eyegouging. Now whining because the precedent YOU set has been applied to one of your own players.

Suck it up. Stop whining. Take your fair whack.

Mate.
You could have just said, yes.

Petrie's so-called eye-gouging was him trying to stop Lake choking him. Full stop. Get over it.

jacko57

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well no, we already know Picken is a better player since Boohoomer couldn't get a kick after 1/4 time when Picken moved on to him! You're just backing yourself into a pitiful little corner with each post you make. The Bullies midfield will be a juggernaut within 3 or 4 years. Your midrangers however will still be paddling. Enjoy!
so much delusion. Thanks for the chuckles.

Hang on a tick; Crowley is pure tagger, sure, and Picken, but Scooter Selwood is a ball-player who sometimes gets a run-with role, and isn't exactly known for scragging. And Boomer got two for whacking Selwood, and four for whacking Kerr, and you can extol your bloke's virtues all you like, but you can't pretend Kerr is someone who would have been playing with eyes only for Harvey. He's clearly picking up some angry pills as he gets older.

Probably about the only non North supporter talking about the actual topic or the only poster period. :p

On Kerr though I think you're right though, bloke was a gun and will have memories of him as a clearance machine. That incident could have been prevented by getting better support from his teammates.

Back to the tit for tat, unfortunately this thread has degenerated into a s**t fight from Dogs/Hawks/Freo fans which being BF is to be expected.

Back on topic, ignoring Boomers or Picken's past for a second, I'm still not sure why in this particular instance Picken felt the need to initiate contact with such vigour off the ball, which makes the pleas on the two incidents more perplexing.

Boomer's action was indisputably a reaction to Picken holding him off the ball. Does this excuse what Harvey did? Absolutely not. Picken probably did exaggerate the flip quite a bit but Boomer did intend to throw him and while I think it's apparent Boomer wasn't choking him, I have no doubt Picken wasn't exactly comfortable. But I think it deserves to be noted that Harvey's action was a reaction to what Picken was doing off the ball and wasn't an out of the blue assault.

Back on topic, ignoring Boomers or Picken's past for a second, I'm still not sure why in this particular instance Picken felt the need to initiate contact with such vigour off the ball, which makes the pleas on the two incidents more perplexing.

Jesus, the length some people go to to try and absolve their guys. If you have ever played football and been asked to play a defensive role you are told to "keep a touch on" when the ball is in the vicinity. Harvey was close enough to be the target of the next kick or even handpass. He wasn't impeded greatly by Picken who was doing something a full back or a tagger would do hundreds of times a game. You make it sound like Picken was tackling him.

By your reckoning we should absolve Barry Hall of hitting Brent Staker. After all, it was a reaction to Staker holding him off the ball.

I am Jack

Premiership Player
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team GGG Golovkin
Harvey will be big loss for North, has had a good year - and they'll miss his class.

Jesus, the length some people go to to try and absolve their guys. If you have ever played football and been asked to play a defensive role you are told to "keep a touch on" when the ball is in the vicinity. Harvey was close enough to be the target of the next kick or even handpass. He wasn't impeded greatly by Picken who was doing something a full back or a tagger would do hundreds of times a game. You make it sound like Picken was tackling him.

By your reckoning we should absolve Barry Hall of hitting Brent Staker. After all, it was a reaction to Staker holding him off the ball.

I didn't absolve Harvey at all, I asked a perfectly legitimate question, but the fact you've got decent form in trying to engineer shitfights out of boredom with tedious tit for tat statements - won't bother quantifying the post any further.

I didn't absolve Harvey at all, I asked a perfectly legitimate question, but the fact you've got decent form in trying to engineer shitfights out of boredom with tedious tit for tat statements - won't bother quantifying the post any further.

Picken had a hand on him like any defensive player would have. Harvey could have tried to move away or something like that, he wasn't being impeded too much. Instead he chose to spit the dummy and pull Picken over him.

He wasn't initiating contact with any sort of "vigour" as you call it.

Take your North glasses off or stick to the North board instead of trying to impart your delusion here.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I think our future is bright.
Cunnington has really improved this year.
Atley is still providing plenty of dash for us off half back
Swallow is still getting back to his best after overcoming an Achilles injury.
Ben Brown is tracking nicely in the fwd line.
We have Trent Dumont and Mason Wood yet to debut who will be guns.

Players like Ziebell and Bastinac have stagnated a little.
But I still have confidence in them.
Same goes for Aaron Black, who has apparently been carrying minor injuries this season.
Rumor has it we are going for Jared Waite as well to boost our fwd stocks.

He will... for two games a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne

In other words, you didn't at read the post you quoted.

In other words, you didn't at read the post you quoted.

Don't stress mate, deliberately trolling and is one of the TLC recycled humor crew, probably the Picken of that mob...has to resort to repetitive imbecilic trolling as he aint capable of stringing one sentence of proper footy analysis, needs to be a bit more subtle like Reep. :)

Don't stress mate, deliberately trolling and is one of the TLC recycled humor crew, probably the Picken of that mob...has to resort to repetitive imbecilic trolling as he aint capable of stringing one sentence of proper footy analysis, needs to be a bit more subtle like Reep. :)

Excellent playing the man there, Boomer

Cats, Hawks, etc can boast of more
For me it comes down to respect. I personally have never bragged or boasted about my clubs success, like the short term where we have had unprecedented success, or long term where we're 4th for all time wins etc etc. I could reel off way more.

As in the back of my mind though, is the fact we had a 44 year drought between premierships, all cats fans can remember the jubilation and relief when we broke through in 2007, as I'm sure Sydney fans would also have felt the same in 2005.

For me I find it quite sad that a club like Footscray/WB (and St.K as well) have been in the competition have only 1 premiership in 90 years, and were competing in finals only for a few years ago (and probably only missed out on a flag due to the lack of tall forwards). then 2011 they started to slide down the ladder only for all the good tall forwards to be snapped up by the new plastic franchises.

Quite a lot of people have the tigs as their 2nd side (mostly due to the song), but my soft spot is for the doggies, they deserve better assistance from the afl imo, given the concessions given to new franchises, cola, the etihad stadium situation etc etc.

fwiw this isn't a anti north sentiment, I have nothing against north personally, I can't stand Harvey though. I seriously hope that the dogs experience some success soon, there supporters deserve it for sticking with them for so long.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Watched 360 last night . Heard them say that Brent was very angry at the 3 weeks. Is this what's wrong with this fellow.
He should have been on his knees saying thankyou for the three and not four. He may if North can keep on fighting make the second week of finals.
He has a chance. But this fellow is his own worst enemy. And this entire 3 weeks is his doing. If his attitude is so one sided and agro any wonder he midsses out.
Also if Fyfe gets a let off( I KNOW HE'S A CLEAN PLAYER AND A CHAMP) with this appeal, then Roughy needs to be given 20 free kicks next Saturday for the crap he's been rubbed out for, and Buddy should go on TV and apologise for getting off.

Such vigour? Contact was minimal and no more vigorous then dozens of instances each week - just in this instance the guy who felt the contact flipped out

Such vigour? Contact was minimal and no more vigorous then dozens of instances each week - just in this instance the guy who felt the contact flipped out

You're right, Big Bad Bustling Brent Harvey with his super strength and no momentum from Picken (with feet firmly planted on the ground) when he flipped him with a maneuver that would make Bruce Lee blush.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
For me it comes down to respect. I personally have never bragged or boasted about my clubs success, like the short term where we have had unprecedented success, or long term where we're 4th for all time wins etc etc. I could reel off way more.

As in the back of my mind though, is the fact we had a 44 year drought between premierships, all cats fans can remember the jubilation and relief when we broke through in 2007, as I'm sure Sydney fans would also have felt the same in 2005.

For me I find it quite sad that a club like Footscray/WB (and St.K as well) have been in the competition have only 1 premiership in 90 years, and were competing in finals only for a few years ago (and probably only missed out on a flag due to the lack of tall forwards). then 2011 they started to slide down the ladder only for all the good tall forwards to be snapped up by the new plastic franchises.

Quite a lot of people have the tigs as their 2nd side (mostly due to the song), but my soft spot is for the doggies, they deserve better assistance from the afl imo, given the concessions given to new franchises, cola, the etihad stadium situation etc etc.

fwiw this isn't a anti north sentiment, I have nothing against north personally, I can't stand Harvey though. I seriously hope that the dogs experience some success soon, there supporters deserve it for sticking with them for so long.
I still haven't forgotten 63. And I'm older and grumpier than ever!!!!
I also love your description , the new plastic franchises, they are the beginning of the end for our elite level sport , now being diluted.The "trads" like Footscray and StKilda and later on North and Melb maybe Port or even Freo will suffer form dilution. Then perhaps later on even our two clubs, and the other giants in AFL, will face much much longer redevelopment periods , I think Melbourne is a point in proof of that, being one game higher than the Saints and screaming for the early draft picks, which can be a winner or a disaster, 18 is too many clubs .
Yes I would be screaming my lungs out for a Doggie premiership,
Freo are around 20 years old they have to win a flag in the next three , or they will sit rebuilding again and become a cellar dweller for too long.
Its why our comp is deteriorating. I blame a lot of this on Dimetriou's time in office.
I know we both want our clubs to win flags , but when you start looking down the barrel of 60 years al la Footscray, and then Freo a power house for how long? and how hard it is to get one, well my comment is Dogs , Saints , Melb, Freo , not in that order,Freo first, should all have premiership cups in the next ten years.
If Suns or GWS pull of a flag before any of those sides, it will be a tragedy, for AFL football. It will also prove the point that is being made now by some clubs that point is, dilution in a small population and the difficulty in of playing Aussie rules at the top level does not work.
Australia has this unique sport , it has a small population , and the people who are fanatical about it support and join and every club is loaded, then new creations not clubs come in and there is just not enough to go around.
Bad mistake because if the standard drops to the point of two divisions needed , then where do all the first grade followers go. They go away, Andrew and Gillon, that's where they go. Happening in Victoria now.

Nov 21, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Love how North fans think Picken is a dirty player and a hack while Harvey is a saint. But yet Picken while on Harvey had more of the ball, Had more rebound 50's, more inside 50's than Harvey. Just goes to show that Harvey has no defensive side to his game and is a one way runner.

incubi

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2005
Northcote
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I find it interesting that 5 north melbourne players have given away more free kicks this year than Picken who is "pathetic" and a "dog", petrie has given the same amount away.
Also, Ziebell who has played 5 less games games has given away more free kicks, has a much worse tribunal record and funnily enough considering Picken supposedly isnt a ball player, averages 18 disposals as does Picken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back