Other Darts - World Champs, Premier League, Ranking Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously how does Taylor do it.
He looked dead and buried in the PL earlier in the year, and now he's come out and smashed MVG.

During the second half of the Premier League, he was getting his mojo back. I think his poor form was due to the new darts he was playing with although that didn't seem to affect Snakebite who played with a different set every week.

13 of the last 15 Matchplay titles for Taylor. He owns that trophy.

During the second half of the Premier League, he was getting his mojo back. I think his poor form was due to the new darts he was playing with although that didn't seem to affect Snakebite who played with a different set every week.

13 of the last 15 Matchplay titles for Taylor. He owns that trophy.

Didn't MVG beat him 7-0 in the early weeks of the PL?

Didn't MVG beat him 7-0 in the early weeks of the PL?
First round I think. Taylor won the rematch.

Taylor lost 4 of his first 5 games and still managed to finish third. I think the only guy he didn't beat was Barney which is very suprising as Barney usually goes into the fetal position as soon as Taylor steps up on stage.

who you all got for the Perth Masters?
Whitlock I hope.

I'm going on Sunday so I'm hoping he doesn't get knocked out early. If not Whitlock, I'd like to see Chizzy get up.

Just back from the meet and greet. Whitlock and Nicholson, fantastic fellas, willing to strike up a chat. Van Gerwen pretty good to. Van Barneveld, there only because he had to be, no emotion, no engagement, still don't get why everyone loves him. Wright, happy bloke, Taylor, arrogant karmichael. Now the one that really shocked me, and for the better was James Wade. Haven't liked him, up on stage he looked like he didn't want to be there, was confirming my perceptions of him. Then when signing posters, he struck up the conversation. Short conversation, but seemed interested with what i was saying, and even cracked a smile. Might start liking him now.
Only disappointment, no Jackpot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just back from the meet and greet. Whitlock and Nicholson, fantastic fellas, willing to strike up a chat. Van Gerwen pretty good to. Van Barneveld, there only because he had to be, no emotion, no engagement, still don't get why everyone loves him. Wright, happy bloke, Taylor, arrogant karmichael. Now the one that really shocked me, and for the better was James Wade. Haven't liked him, up on stage he looked like he didn't want to be there, was confirming my perceptions of him. Then when signing posters, he struck up the conversation. Short conversation, but seemed interested with what i was saying, and even cracked a smile. Might start liking him now.

Sounds awesome.

Wade's not right in the head. It must be his bi polar. You can see it on his walk ons. Sometimes he is a right moody campaigner and other times he is running back and forth high fiving everyone in sight.

I arrived late because of other things to just hang around in the downstairs bar and maybe catch up with a celeb.

Got a quick photo with Chizzy before he went to retire for the night (fair enough) but Peter Wright hung around till 12 like a champ and had time for everyone. Super impressed, hope he wins now (though obviously have more long term love for Simon obviously)

Its almost certain to be back next year and actually on TV, so I hope to be there next year for sure.

Is there any coverage of the darts over the weekend?
Not on TV as far as I know.

You can get the scores on livescores.com.au

I have thrown with Denis Ovens and John Part the year Part broke Taylors streak.
I played Jocky Wilson many many years ago at an exhibition match in Geelong... 1001 i got down to around 130 from memory but i was playing crap at the time.
I once beat Barry Twomlow. He won a News of the World championship. Played as good as I could.

I also watched Jocky's hangers on use stand over tactics during the Pacific Master when held in Brisbane when held in conjunction with the world cup in 1985. They brow beat an official to get Jockey to throw first when it was 3 all going into the deciding leg. It was the other blokes throw. Was not a nice scene. IIRC Jocky lost to Bristow in the final.

I once beat Barry Twomlow. He won a News of the World championship. Played as good as I could.

I also watched Jocky's hangers on use stand over tactics during the Pacific Master when held in Brisbane when held in conjunction with the world cup in 1985. They brow beat an official to get Jockey to throw first when it was 3 all going into the deciding leg. It was the other blokes throw. Was not a nice scene. IIRC Jocky lost to Bristow in the final.
Was that the match where Jocky kicked Bristow in the shin and drew blood ?

All the big names won their matches last night though Taylor was taken to 6 - 4.

Whitlock playing Chizzy tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back