Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would. He stated it was the Sandilands tap, that's still singling out a player. Don't think he was trying to protect Pearce and when you watch the footage again, Sandilands does tap it in close instead of out to space.

Again I'll agree with what Pearce did. You have 30+ players in our forward 50m. Going back over your mark and trying to pick out a target would've been near on impossible. Pearce summarised that all within 2 seconds and got it in quick. I mean he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I can only imagine if he went back over his mark, waited for ALL the Geelong players to flood back that you'd have BT and Darcy commenting on his wasting time and he should've just got it in long.

I'm glad he took it on, got it in quick and straight down the middle. Was in my view 100% the right option.

But anyway, it wasn't the Pearce incident he left room for, unless he lied in his presser, which as I said wouldn't make sense as he still singled out a player.

Lastly the up and under from the Carlton game was Suban. If you're going to hang someone get your facts right.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what Pearce looks like. You pick on your bunny and I'll pick on mine.

Show me the footage of his up and under against Carlton at a critical time and I'll ban myself.

It was Suban.
I didn't say anything about it being against Carlton.

So it wasn't Carlton and it wasn't an up and under against Geelong.
Sometimes people see what they want to see.
Why not talk about the kick that led to Taberner's mark and goal on Sunday?

Pearce does not deserve to be dropped.

We haven't really had any other close games.

I'm sure you'll be able to clarify for all of us, the game you're talking about.

Players make errors, so do posters.

Can't wait until you tell us all exactly the kick and point in the game you're talking about.

I mean it has obviously stuck in your mind, so shouldn't be to hard.

So it wasn't Carlton and it wasn't an up and under against Geelong.
Sometimes people see what they want to see.
Why not talk about the kick that led to Taberner's mark and goal on Sunday?

Pearce does not deserve to be dropped.
Oh. You mean why not celebrate the fact that a player did something they were supposed to do? Nah, I don't think so.

Pearce is on the cusp. He's just lucky I'm not on the selection committee.

We haven't really had any other close games.

I'm sure you'll be able to clarify for all of us, the game you're talking about.

Players make errors, so do posters.

Can't wait until you tell us all exactly the kick and point in the game you're talking about.

I mean it has obviously stuck in your mind, so shouldn't be to hard.
It might be a little hard considering the sheer quantity of material to go through.

Oh. You mean why not celebrate the fact that a player did something they were supposed to do? Nah, I don't think so.

Pearce is on the cusp. He's just lucky I'm not on the selection committee.

I think Ross singled you out in his last interview where he mentioned Pearce and uninformed bloggers commenting on him:)
Also said Pearce led in the inside 50's and shots on goals and basically wasnt going anywhere
Ross also put him in a group of indigenous players who where so valuable to the club
I think youv'e got your claws into the wrong player Reg

Pearce won't be getting dropped any time soon, all the calls for him to be dropped are laughable. He is easily one the sides most important players.

I think Ross singled you out in his last interview where he mentioned Pearce and uninformed bloggers commenting on him:)
Also said Pearce led in the inside 50's and shots on goals and basically wasnt going anywhere
Ross also put him in a group of indigenous players who where so valuable to the club
I think youv'e got your claws into the wrong player Reg
Well it has to be someone. Pearce is mine, because of the number of turnovers he's responsible for. RTB will break one day, he's not made of stone.

Yeah, Pearce leads the inside 50s. Big deal when the ball is headed back out of the 50 within seconds.

He wouldn't be in my team for a GF this year.

Well it has to be someone. Pearce is mine, because of the number of turnovers he's responsible for. RTB will break one day, he's not made of stone.

Yeah, Pearce leads the inside 50s. Big deal when the ball is headed back out of the 50 within seconds.

I'm glad its Ross the boss and not Reg the boss

Why does it have to be someone Reg? Why do you need a scapegoat?

Where are the stats for turnovers? Or do you only suggest these because you think you can't be contradicted?
The only stat you do quote is the one that counters your argument.

Ross Lyon was very eloquent in his defence of Pearce yesterday. He talked about his value to the team and Hill in particular. He also said "I'm a glass full person. I look at what a player brings to the team, not at what he does wrong" or similar.

Willoblue has Clancee
You have Danyle.
Silent Alarm has a few but they change.
Couldabeen had Taberner
Memories has Mundy
Some nufty on here even had Pavlich as his scapegoat.

If you have a scapegoat it probably means you are not looking for the good things a player does, just the bad things.

Where are the stats for turnovers? Or do you only suggest these because you think you can't be contradicted?

Ross Lyon was very eloquent in his defence of Pearce yesterday. He talked about his value to the team and Hill in particular. He also said "I'm a glass full person. I look at what a player brings to the team, not at what he does wrong" or similar.

Willoblue has Clancee
You have Danyle.
Couldabeen had Taberner
Memories has Mundy

If you have a scapegoat it probably means you are not looking for the good things a player does, just the bad things.

at least mine is somewhat vindicated with team selections this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willoblue has Clancee
You have Danyle.
Couldabeen had Taberner
Memories has Mundy

you forgot braede's and mzungu

I must admit I have called for Silvia to be dropped once or twice. My bad, guys.

See, that's based on a totality of evidence. Surely there is a difference?

This is what player X does well, this is where he falls down.
This is where player Y would do the job better.

I'm fine with that. I'm not fine with post after post denigrating the same player (who the coach keeps selecting) with nothing more than anecdotal and therefore skewed evidence.

See, that's based on a totality of evidence. Surely there is a difference?

This is what player X does well, this is where he falls down.
This is where player Y would do the job better.

I'm fine with that. I'm not fine with post after post denigrating the same player (who the coach keeps selecting) with nothing more than anecdotal and therefore skewed evidence.

Yep, I agree. It dumbfounds me how week in week out people call for the heads of players like Sutcliffe, D.Pearce and most recently Crozier and Johnson.

Willoblue has Clancee
You have Danyle.
Couldabeen had Taberner
Memories has Mundy

It's always someone when you're striving for perfection, every team has a weak link. It's also natural to focus on people's weaknesses when their strengths are what they are paid to bring to the game every week.

I haven't seen any stats for turnovers, but if we had them I'm quite sure PearceD would be leading them. I'm not choosing it because I can't be contradicted, what would be the point of raising something as a topic that everybody agrees on? There would be nothing to discuss... on a discussion forum. :drunk:

I'll think you'll find the nuffy was also me. I'm glad Pav has lifted his game to where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back