List Mgmt. Rear view mirror - Jessie White, Jed Lamb, Andrejs Everrit, Shane Mumford +

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you like him jumping ship as quick as he could for a few more $$'s?
No, however I think he would have been naïve to reject it and as many have said, he would not have played AFL level this year with us so you can argue he has justified his move even given his limited time in the top side at GWS. Agree re the 360 story, would like to see the full doco on that.

jeds just a young kid trynna make his way in a cut throat business.

with our 4 bigs, and plenty of our young players showing promise, plus goodes likely to go around again, a couple of poor senior performances and lamb would've found it tough.

900k over 3 years us just too good an.opportunity to pass up

jeds just a young kid trynna make his way in a cut throat business.

with our 4 bigs, and plenty of our young players showing promise, plus goodes likely to go around again, a couple of poor senior performances and lamb would've found it tough.

900k over 3 years us just too good an.opportunity to pass up

Not convinced. He had a reasonable offer in the table before him, was beginning to play regular footy, and chose to take the more lucrative offer. The spot was his to lose. I don't blame him, but he's where he is because of his own decisions.

Interesting topic....

I'd say only Mumford and Everitt would be offering anything to our squad at the moment.

I'm not so disappointed they've gone from a squad perspective but I'm still absolutely filthy at what we got in return during trade week. GWS should have been made to cough up more for Mumford and (eventually) Lamb, Carlton got Everitt for a pick upgrade in the 30's - that's theft. You could maybe argue either way on the deal with Collingwood.

In the end if you look at trade week in isolation we got picks 32 and 44 for Mumford, Everitt, Lamb, White and Armstrong. That is not great value in my book.

Not that we knew it at the time of trade week but we did end up with George Hewett at 32 and he was essentially an under ager draft wise (born late December), would love to know where he'd rate in this upcoming draft if he'd been a few days older, I reckon he'd probably be top 15

Interesting topic....

I'd say only Mumford and Everitt would be offering anything to our squad at the moment.

I'm not so disappointed they've gone from a squad perspective but I'm still absolutely filthy at what we got in return during trade week. GWS should have been made to cough up more for Mumford and (eventually) Lamb, Carlton got Everitt for a pick upgrade in the 30's - that's theft. You could maybe argue either way on the deal with Collingwood.

In the end if you look at trade week in isolation we got picks 32 and 44 for Mumford, Everitt, Lamb, White and Armstrong. That is not great value in my book.

Not that we knew it at the time of trade week but we did end up with George Hewett at 32 and he was essentially an under ager draft wise (born late December), would love to know where he'd rate in this upcoming draft if he'd been a few days older, I reckon he'd probably be top 15
Widen the lens and we got Franklin, Tippett and Laidler for nothing. Net net our recruiters have done an amazing job over a long period of time. With Heeney, Mills and Dunkley to come I suspect we will lose a few more good players in the next two years. I'll back the club to make the right calls.

Widen the lens and we got Franklin, Tippett and Laidler for nothing. Net net our recruiters have done an amazing job over a long period of time. With Heeney, Mills and Dunkley to come I suspect we will lose a few more good players in the next two years. I'll back the club to make the right calls.

We nail just about everything else so it's probably a case of tough benchmarking but I thought we were bent over to a certain extent. Those trades in isolation are a poor return, maybe I might need to get use to that while we settle down the salary cap but i'm hoping for better this year.

I miss Trent Dennis-Lane.

And Matt O'Dwyer.
I miss Daniel O'Keefe, Pat Veszpremi, Josh Willoughby, Lewis Johnston, Luke Breust and Jack Darling

It rankles that we let a player like Luke Breust slip through the net.

Also Isaac Smith from our zone, he played footy with Breust.

How did we overlook these boys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It rankles that we let a player like Luke Breust slip through the net.

Also Isaac Smith from our zone, he played footy with Breust.

How did we overlook these boys?

Ran the turd detector over them and realised they were clearly hawks players

Did you like him jumping ship as quick as he could for a few more $$'s?

That has nothing to do with my reply, I admire anyone who can overcome adversity and lead a healthy and successful life, especially a story like his.
There would be more kids these days born with silver spoons in their mouths complaining that they have to work for the dole or becoming junkies and alcoholics because their mum took away their internet privileges or Daddy yelled at them. Or kids with a plethora of natural talent who refuse to adhere to the disciplines of AFL football.. I don't take his choice of chasing an excellent contract to better his life personally, good on him. So far it seems a win/win situation for both him and our club. He will never experience premiership success but that's another story.

Someone failed high school maths. Pelican always eats the greater one.

Pelican always eats the greater one? What high school did you attend? My maths teacher just said greater than or less than, there was nothing about sea-birds. ;)

private school yuppies, I learnt what greater then and less then meant in computer science.

now i'm being 100% legit about this my highschool math teacher was an asian lass called Miss Tou (pronounced Two) and she was by far the dumbest teacher i ever had. she often got the answers out of the BoB and was once corrected by a student in class because without thinking she put the answer up and it was wrong. never explained working out with algebra.

I'm fairly certain she taught Math only due to a teacher shortage. even beat's my primary school teacher who when questioned by a student about american involvement in WWI that the US wasn't involved in WWI. (i learned about the Lusitania and the doughboys on the history channel)

private school yuppies, I learnt what greater then and less then meant in computer science.

now i'm being 100% legit about this my highschool math teacher was an asian lass called Miss Tou (pronounced Two) and she was by far the dumbest teacher i ever had. she often got the answers out of the BoB and was once corrected by a student in class because without thinking she put the answer up and it was wrong. never explained working out with algebra.

I'm fairly certain she taught Math only due to a teacher shortage. even beat's my primary school teacher who when questioned by a student about american involvement in WWI that the US wasn't involved in WWI. (i learned about the Lusitania and the doughboys on the history channel)

I don't see how "Pelican" = private school? I mean, sure I went to Gosford Selective High School, which was the best school on the Central Coast. Then again, kinda like how Mount Druitt High is probably the best school in Mount Druitt, it's not that great a hurdle.

Miss Tou is a disgrace to her race. Actually, her parents are.

Re: Lamb

The argument seems to be that he took the GWS money to be a fringe player there versus being a top 22 player at the swans for lower money. Can't say I agree with that statement I think he would have been a fringe player with us this year as well. So he's taken a contract reportedly almost three times as much for a similar situation. Well I think you would have to be nuts to turn that down.

Re: Everitt. He's flourished because he's being played in his best position as a midfielder. He almost always played there for our reserves and excelled but never in our senior team and with our strength in that department this year would not have got that chance. So well done to him but I'm not losing any sleep over him

Surely Lamb's thinking was that not only was he getting far better money he was also getting better job security. He had to think he was a better shot at being best 22 at GWS than at Sydney.

I was happy at the time the Swans let him go considering we had cheaper, younger options already at the club and I think the club has been vindicated so far. He just was not anything special to lose sleep over.

A year on, how do we think we did trading these guys? (Haven't included Tony Armstrong as he would of been delisted anyway).

Jessie White - Still the best NEAFL player in the comp.

Jed Lamb - We have a plethora of his type that are actually better.

Andrejs - Probably having a break out season with Carlton. Would still like him on our list but he hasn't been a huge loss for us thanks to Rampe coming on so well.

Mummy - Still the best ruck man in the comp on his day. Still pretty up and down in terms of form and as we have seen again, a bit injury prone.

All up, I don't think the loss of any of these guys has had an impact on us. I was fearful that it would but it simply hasn't eventuated.

We must have one of the most astute list management systems in the AFL, because we're not missing any of those players.

I bare no grudge against Lamb. The interesting thing about his situation is that he is marginalized at GWS in a similar way. For us, he was behind the senior group, and as there were only very specific roles available to fill throughout the year he struggled to compete with other young players pushing for a spot. Now at GWS he is behind the top draftees of similar age around him and pretty much in a similar state. Even with injuries to the squad he's struggled to get a chance.

I do wonder though whether his omissions form the side at times last year were because he'd already had his sit down talk about his position with the club?

I don't see how "Pelican" = private school? I mean, sure I went to Gosford Selective High School, which was the best school on the Central Coast. Then again, kinda like how Mount Druitt High is probably the best school in Mount Druitt, it's not that great a hurdle.

Miss Tou is a disgrace to her race. Actually, her parents are.
adam-goodes-729-620x349.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back