Preview Essendon vs Gold Coast, Docklands, 23/08/2014 @ 2:10 PM (IN: Carlisle, Fantasia OUT: Melk, Heppell)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardingham has been serviceable in the VFL. That's it though.

I've found Hardingham incredibly underwhelming in the VFL this year. His first month or so this year in the seniors was great, but since then he's fallen off a cliff.

He should be way too agile for bigs and too athletic and be able to outjump smalls at VFL level, but he just doesn't, and on the off chance he does, he's missing set shots from 30 out directly in front.

This is probably straying more into the list management frame than a team selection one. But in short he should be nowhere near it at the moment unless we have a serious crisis with our bigs.

in response to Keystone agony, Amby is miles ahead in my book

Last edited:

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
The timing of this game is ideal, coming off a 7-day break and played before a lot of the chasing pack outside the 8 in Collingwood, Richmond and West Coast. Win this and it really turns the heat up on those teams, who each play a bottom 3 team this week (complacency will claim a scalp in one of these IMO) and who all have much tougher assignments in the final round.

Inserted a plate and screw, couldn't have been too minor.
The fact that he had a plate and screw doesn't indicate severity. It just indicates that we want him back asap. The options would have been to leave it and it's a 3-4 week injury, or to put the plate and screw in and it's a 1 week injury.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Let's not forget the young legs from GC that are apparently cooked had a 100 minute slog in the wet last week too.

If we're dinkum we should win this game easily. If it's tight our fresher legs should see us manage to close it out. If we're not switched on then anything could happen.

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
I'll be flying into Melbourne on Saturday morning for this one, then backing up at the Hawks/Cats game in the evening.

Anywhere good nearby where I can get a feed at a decent price and a few frothies? I like good pub food like steak, parmis (parmas), nicoise salad ;) and the like. I've been to the Woolshed but my memory has that place being pretty gold plated price wise.

I actually think the Mail Exchange Hotel do a great pub lunch. It's on Bourke St Corner of Spender st. A 2 minute walk from the ground, just at the bottom of the big steps.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
I actually think the Mail Exchange Hotel do a great pub lunch. It's on Bourke St Corner of Spender st. A 2 minute walk from the ground, just at the bottom of the big steps.

I reckon it is average to be honest. Reminds me of a typical TAB/no atmosphere pub that are a dime a dozen in the suburbs

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
I think it's best for all parties involved that we don't speculate or delve to deep into the identity of bulletride.

A bullet in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Yeah we will just keep quiet :thumbsu:

Enjoy the "bigfooty essendon board we get our teams early secret"

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll take a guess and say....

In: Carlisle, Belly, Dell
Out: Heppell (inj) Ryder (soreness/managed) Melksham (omit)

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
I reckon it is average to be honest. Reminds me of a typical TAB/no atmosphere pub that are a dime a dozen in the suburbs

Yes and no.

The actual dining room area do a pretty decent meal. Yes, there's a TAB area around the corner and a bunch of guys drinking beer in the front bar, but if you want a decent meal and you stay clear of there you're fine.

Platform 28 is better, but it's more expensive and time consuming too if all you want is a parma and a pint or a decent burger.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Yes and no.

The actual dining room area do a pretty decent meal. Yes, there's a TAB area around the corner and a bunch of guys drinking beer in the front bar, but if you want a decent meal and you stay clear of there you're fine.

Platform 28 is better, but it's more expensive and time consuming too if all you want is a parma and a pint or a decent burger.

What if I want a parmi ;)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back