Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corporate box for the footy is just okay mate.
But for the cricket.......... woohoo.

Still have my box lanyard from the day warnie took 700
i prefer watching footy at home on tv but thats just me.

love seeing the cricket because the action is concentrated and not spread out. you dont miss anything and you get breaks for a more enjoyable experience.

It is indeed related. Cleanaway is a Transpacific subsidiary. Will impact all garbage runs that Transpacific (Cleanaway) have the contract for Australia wide.
Still feel sorry for the poor receptionist (probably a young girl) who has to answer the phone all day, and explain it a bazillion times

A "missing" woman on vacation in Iceland managed to join a search party looking for HERSELF!

According to the Toronto Sun, a group of tourists spent hours on Saturday night looking for a missing female near Iceland's Eldgja canyon, only to find out she was among the search party.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...-woman-joins-search-party-looking-for-herself
That is just bizarre! She changed her clothes + 'freshened up' (read applied makeup) + no one recognised her lol

With a Hawks fan in a corporate box or with two gorgeous women Cats supporters - seems an easy choice to me Tom ;)

My tummy is churning already!
I'm sold :D.

Weather's supposed to be good for Saturday, tickets selling fast, should be a great atmosphere.

Edit-forgot to say that my Hawks mate is coming up with excuses in advance. "Coming back from Perth" "we won't show our best" "dead rubber match" and so on. Even listening to SEN now and Dermie hopes we win "this time" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's definitely related. The LGAs in SA which are affected are Cleanaway trucks too.
For those that want a rubbish update (spare the sighs, I know all my posts are rubbish). Transpacific (Cleanaway parent co.) released the statement below this morning:

Transpacific Industries Group Ltd ("Transpacific" ASX: TPI) advises that following discussions with the regulator, TPI has commenced the gradual resumption of its waste management services across Australia. TPI expects that all services will be fully operational over the next week.

Transpacific CEO Robert Boucher said: "We have made a strong commitment to all our employees, customers, communities, and shareholders that we will operate our fleet safely and to the standards which we expect of ourselves.
"I would like to thank all our customers for their understanding and the positive way they responded when we took the decision to ground the entire fleet on Tuesday. We will work tirelessly to clear the back log."

Last edited:

Weather's supposed to be good for Saturday, tickets selling fast, should be a great atmosphere.

Edit-forgot to say that my Hawks mate is coming up with excuses in advance. "Coming back from Perth" "we won't show our best" "dead rubber match" and so on. Even listening to SEN now and Dermie hopes we win "this time" :rolleyes:
all true

Geez $8,000 seems very expensive to retrieve a truck doesn't it? Yet paying $8,000 instead of the guilt of killing someone seems a pittance!
It does seem a lot, I know. The average figure would be less than that significantly, however you'd be looking at multiple thousands for a base recovery on a smaller truck. D-double recoveries, where the truck is buried deep in the sand trap would be a time consuming exercise which would add up quickly. I'd imagine a truck driver that opts to use the arrester bed would be frowned upon by his/her employer, or in the case of being a contractor, they miss their deadline and lose a massive chunk of pay. The alternative is far worse I know, but you can understand the drivers' reticence in using them. Fcuked if I'd ever drive trucks for a living!

I thought you might be, being one of the few males with a 'Fully Filled ManCard' even though many of the points were awarded by lowly + the weaker sex's members ;)

No injury excuses yet? Will be interesting to see who makes the team. I must admit I am disappointed that no Poos+Wees players were suspended :( But am hoping for general soreness + other issues for their players. It's important for us to not do too much damage to our Boyz this game so we can 'hopefully' have a good game against Brisbane the next week + have some strength + energy to begin Finals. The Midget said they will 'shut down the whole of the Cats' system' not just focus on players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, we've had the same up here (QLD)
We're too poor in Sydney + NSW, (you know - propping up the whole country 'n all ;) :D) to afford expensive contractors. Our local Councils do the rubbish collection themselves, although the recycling is done by sub-contractors.

Yep I know, but I'm not going to spout excuses to him in advance. Told him he sounded too whiny ;)

We do have a small bet going, just a slab of Coopers, so hope I'm the one collecting.
I really hope you win that Coopers Tom! Go Cats! Go for Tom! lol

Why is it a dead rubber? Are the Top 4 positions already established? If Hawks lose this round + Freo beat Brisbane then 3rd + 4th swap :eek: Whereas if Hawks + Freo both win then Hawks + Cats change positions.

this shall be interesting.

shitty show is never good.
Well, I don't know what to say about the movie. Was ok, some funny bits, bit rude :eek:, it must be R rated.
My mind kept wandering off wondering if Matthew Broderick is still married to Sara Jessica Parker lol!
I like Reece Witherspoon in the Johny Cash movie-can't think of it's name?

Well, I don't know what to say about the movie. Was ok, some funny bits, bit rude :eek:, it must be R rated.
My mind kept wandering off wondering if Matthew Broderick is still married to Sara Jessica Parker lol!
I like Reece Witherspoon in the Johny Cash movie-can't think of it's name?

i am not sure it even garnered an "ma" rating...it is an awesome film and i am not sure what "rude" parts there were.o_O

walk the line it was.

i am not sure it even garnered an "ma" rating...it is an awesome film and i am not sure what "rude" parts there were.o_O

walk the line it was.
lol.
Only PG rated :D

I'm not sure if I've seen it. Never liked Cash so probably haven't.

Actually, the was the US rating.
Rated M here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back