hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He doesn't do what we need, we need him to play as a leading forward who is helpful in the ruck. At the moment he just sponges goals in the goal square.
50 goal plus KPF don't grow on trees, in essence thats what you're asking us to find. Sure we need him to be more helpful rucking but Jenkins has to stay.

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
50 goal plus KPF don't grow on trees, in essence thats what you're asking us to find. Sure we need him to be more helpful rucking but Jenkins has to stay.

What about lewis Jhonston he averages about that obviously he hasn't played a full season yet

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not to mention LJ makes Jenkins look like Barry Hall. Id actually like us to try LJ off the HBF, assuming he survives the cut which is unlikely

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
If everything goes our way this could be our starting side next year

B Brown Talia Jhonston
HB Yeanch Davis Henderson
C Smith Thomson Mackay
HF Danger Jenkins Cameron
F Betts Walker Lynch
R Jacobs Crouch Sloane
I/C Crouch Jr/Douglas/kerridge/best player we get from the draft
We won't have a Johnston on our list.
How could he possibly be in our best 22? He would be the most undeserving of any player.

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

He doesn't play the KPF position very well and most of his goals come from crumbling or receiving a hand ball over the top. He has been on the end of a lot of Eddies goal assist.

We need him bursting out of full forward with his speed clunking a mark then going back a slotting it. It just doesn't happen. I'm not saying we delist him but I think we need someone else to play that role at the moment.

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not to mention LJ makes Jenkins look like Barry Hall. Id actually like us to try LJ off the HBF, assuming he survives the cut which is unlikely

I wouldn't like to see him played there a head of Atkins, Kelly, Battersby, Ellis-Yolman or Knight. I think it would be interesting to see how he went as the third tall along side Tex and Jenkins without the pressure of being the key forward. Playing on the third defender instead of their best defender.

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
We won't have a Johnston on our list.
How could he possibly be in our best 22? He would be the most undeserving of any player.
He will play as a extra tall defender unless he is not needed in defence he will play as a extra tall forward

splat868

All Australian
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
He doesn't play the KPF position very well and most of his goals come from crumbling or receiving a hand ball over the top. He has been on the end of a lot of Eddies goal assist.

We need him bursting out of full forward with his speed clunking a mark then going back a slotting it. It just doesn't happen. I'm not saying we delist him but I think we need someone else to play that role at the moment.

I have no issue with drafting another development key forward after our other needs are covered, but if you're saying we should trade Jenkins over LJ, you are way off.

Jenkins is a good key forward who needs to iron out a few deficiencies, but is an integral part of our team.

Bear in mind Tippett didn't really flourish until later, being 2 years older. Jenkins is still pretty low in the total games played, and I think will get better.

The other factors if you want to trade a key forward in are.

Who is available that is better than JJ.
Who would come to the crows?
Which club would agree to trade away a marquee player?
How would we afford the massive salary they would demand?

Trading a key forward in is not going to happen, and a drafted youngster won't be ready for a few years at least.

As for LJ , he's had a few opportunities, and hasn't taken them, and there are other players in those positions who are better.

If at the end of the year, we clear enough players, but he manages to hang on, that's fine. He would get one last chance, but I doubt it will happen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have no issue with drafting another development key forward after our other needs are covered, but if you're saying we should trade or delist Jenkins over LJ, you are way off.

Jenkins is a good key forward who needs to iron out a few deficiencies, but is an integral part of our team.

Bear in mind Tippett didn't really flourish until later.

It's not going to happen.

As for LJ , he's had a few opportunities, and hasn't taken them, and there are other players in those positions who are better.

If at the end of the year, we clear enough players, but he manages to hang on, that's fine. He would get one last chance, but I doubt it will happen.

I rate Jhonston a better lead mark, a better contested mark and a much better kick then Jenkins. Jenkins gets on the end of a lot of betts assists seeing as betts has been told to be more selfish Jenkins won't be having the same impact as he did earlier in the season

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have no issue with drafting another development key forward after our other needs are covered, but if you're saying we should trade or delist Jenkins over LJ, you are way off.

Bear in mind Tippett didn't really flourish until later.

It's not going to happen.

If at the end of the year, we clear enough players, but he manages to hang on, that's fine.

I didn't say we should or should not trade or delist Jenkins or Johnston. So I'm not sure where that came from.

I'm also not saying we should bring in a big name player who would cost a huge amount. I'm saying we bring in a player who can play the role we are trying to play Jenkins in. That's a strong leading forward who can present take a strong mark then kick a goal. Also someone who can be used confidently in the ruck.

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Jenkins does still preform then Jhonston should play as a tall defender/HBF and Jenkins will keep his spot

WAG

The People's Captain
Mar 3, 2010
In the trenches.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jenkins is soft as butter! His entire pre-season should consist of crashing into packs, getting knocked down and then getting back up to do it again. He needs to have guys smash him at every opportunity. He needs to back into packs and get hit. He needs to learn to use his frame and speed rather than chipscab.

splat868

All Australian
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I didn't say we should or should not trade or delist Jenkins or Johnston. So I'm not sure where that came from.

I'm also not saying we should bring in a big name player who would cost a huge amount. I'm saying we bring in a player who can play the role we are trying to play Jenkins in. That's a strong leading forward who can present take a strong mark then kick a goal. Also someone who can be used confidently in the ruck.

Sorry, missed the part where you were saying not to delist, and was too slow to edit.

But there is no-one on our list that will be better than Jenkins that's not already playing. JJ and LJ are different players. Jenkins ruck/key forward, and Johnston is a third tall.

I can't see that there is anyone in the state leagues that will have a massive impact, but by all means if we can find one, bring him in and see if he can prove he is worthy of Jenkins' spot.

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry, missed the part where you were saying not to delist, and was too slow to edit.

But there is no-one on our list that will be better than Jenkins that's not already playing. JJ and LJ are different players. Jenkins ruck/key forward, and Johnston is a third tall.

I can't see that there is anyone in the state leagues that will have a massive impact, but by all means if we can find one, bring him in and see if he can prove he is worthy of Jenkins' spot.

I haven't compared Johnson and Jenkins either.

I would like to see us get Gorringe then let him and Jenkins fight it out. Ideally I would like to see Jenkins develop into a good leading forward to compliment his other attributes. But no harm in seeking a back up plan.

Freshj

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Johnston has a great kick, but needs someone to walk over and hand it to him because he refuses to get it himself. JJ is a 100x better prospect. His major deficiency is his inability to use his size and strength but its not natural gor him. I honestly think he will come good. I spoke to jj briefly a few weeks ago and he said it was the hardest thing to change from his bball backround. At least he recognizes what needs to be done and is actively working on it. I dont have time to list all of LJs deficiency

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
Johnston just doesn't do anything for me. I'd prefer he was playing against us rather than with us. Can't stand his attitude.

MyLittleSloaney

All Australian
May 24, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Love all the Jenkins hate on here. Absolutely clueless as usual. Guy has come back from a horrific injury and he's kicked 39 goals in 18 games despite spending a bit of time in the ruck giving sauce a much needed rest.

Yep, put him on the trade table and watch how many clubs come calling for an agile and quick 199cm tall forward/ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back