No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shocked to be reading this etc

TheDaily Telegraph understands some of the lesser-profile players are close to accepting the deal, despite the fact their lawyers suspect ASADA does not have sufficient evidence to prove banned substances were administered.
If true, seems that ASADA's plan is working.

TheDaily Telegraph understands some of the lesser-profile players are close to accepting the deal, despite the fact their lawyers suspect ASADA does not have sufficient evidence to prove banned substances were administered.

sydney people are weak and silly and lack the general fortitude and good character of victorians

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
This is the organisation that wasn't happy with Ahmed Saad getting 18 months. If they had a skerrick of evidence which would stand up at the ADRVP, they wouldn't be trying to cut deals. Call their bluff, expose their pocket jokers and move on with your lives.

very difficult to reconcile these two cases

2one2

Premiership Player
May 30, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Mark Allen going full * on SEN over this. Adamant that players should be admitting guilt without even seeing the evidence

Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Even down to the almost physically impossible out of left to right rip and curl he got on the ball? ;)

Those balls had to be on pingaz to swerve that much.
photo.jpg

look at that face, he doesn't even know where he is. he's been downing bikkies like they're arnotts arrowroots.

he probably thinks he's holding a couple of glowsticks above his head waiting for the beat to drop

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins

McDingleberry may finally get a few notches in his belt, a couple of guys playing country league and a couple of retirees.

"He's the hero Australian Sport deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. An ASADA knight."

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
A tennis player copped a ban for a minute trace of cocaine. He reckons he picked it up by kissing someone at a nightclub. If true, I reckon he was pretty hard done by.

Is this Richard Gasquet? I remember this. He actually got out of the suspension, for that very reason. It was believable because there was only, as you say, a minute trace of cocaine, and because he is French.

A tennis player copped a ban for a minute trace of cocaine. He reckons he picked it up by kissing someone at a nightclub. If true, I reckon he was pretty hard done by.

That was Richard Gasquet - He won on appeal.

Is this Richard Gasquet? I remember this. He actually got out of the suspension, for that very reason. It was believable because there was only, as you say, a minute trace of cocaine, and because he is French.

There was another famous case with the horse trainer Gai Waterhouse - One of her tested positive for cocaine - Finally worked out it was from the residue of a stable hand who had a big night out.

rines

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
I seriously don't get the media commentary of "accept guilt even if you haven't done anything"... what the *??? I mean seriously.. you want a professional athlete to be permanently tarred as a 'cheat' based on NO evidence.. but just your own need for closure???

Seriously.. just GTFO. I'd stand by ANY of these players, EFC or Cronulla, to fight to clear their names unless they believe and accept they have taken banned substances. If they believe they are innocent.. then they have EVERY right to fight it to the bitter end.

This saga has opened my eyes to just how corrupt and farked up our society has become.. it boggles the mind. There is currently a 50/50 chance that we will win a court case that declares the entire investigation ILLEGAL and yet we still have to listen to boffins claiming players should 'plead out' to save everyone the trouble of actually proving anything..

How about we just wait until the court findings.. and then wait to see if it gets through an ADRVP and then wait to see if it survives an appeal to the CAS and then wait to see if it is successful at a Tribunal BEFORE rushing to judgement eh?!!!!!!!!!!

lysp

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Also if retired players do get self-banned, it may affect future employment at any sporting club.

As it's my understanding the ban will include administrative/coaching roles as well as playing.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
It's poetic how the media are whipping up it's a forgone conclusion that the Sharks will accept the punishments since it's such a 'generous' offer from ASADA. They've already moved on to the question of whether Gallen should lose his NSW captaincy for drug cheating. Haha. Brilliant inside job ASADA.
Lame at best by ASADA. They challenge and get slaughtered. Government in Australia is next to useless. The highly in telligent individuals are in business not government.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Also if retired players do get self-banned, it may affect future employment at any sporting club.

As it's my understanding the ban will include administrative/coaching roles as well as playing.
Great point. Surely considered before taking a lame option. The offer is insulting. Interesting to see if any take it???

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
To be fair, people on here are prone to hugely variable opinions on people like Finey, Ings and Robbo as well, and it's always dependent on what they're currently saying.
I felt Schwarter was a bit pro us tonight. Tides changing slowly?

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I seriously don't get the media commentary of "accept guilt even if you haven't done anything"... what the ****??? I mean seriously.. you want a professional athlete to be permanently tarred as a 'cheat' based on NO evidence.. but just your own need for closure???

I can't imagine Mark Allen advising his own son to just plead guilty and take the reduced penalty if he was accused of rape or murder. Why would this be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back