QAFA (B) Central-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

So swamp you don't rate a team that was a goal behind you at 3/4 time and copped the most biased umpiring in the last quarter I've seen...I really hope Woodsmen smoke you blokes your starting to get way too arrogant for a side that couldn't even get a Reserve grade together and pulled out of QFA North at the start of the year...

Thommo is happy to openly admit on this forum that he is a key target and highly influential on the outcome of games !!

Just giving the people what they want mate.

I have taken note of that Thommo fella in a couple of games this year as he is an active member of this forum. It appears he spends a lot of time on the pine from the couple of games I saw. I hear he is lighting quick........ heading to the bar post-match!

Geez mate, I'm not that quick. Spend plenty of time on the pine, thats if the pine is on the top of a defenders head!

*Boom tish*, I'm here till Thursday, try the buffet!

Given the guy has only ever been a quality defender,

Thanks

despite a one off domination of Yeronga last year up forward

Thanks again, I consider it my finest moment (ignoring the matchwinner in the 2009 GF :) )

(who must be closing in on 40?)

Piss off, I am only 33!

One would also hope he is taking the piss, but you probably know him Peanut - is he actually serious?

Deadly serious.

I think I would be keeping a close eye on the woodsmen midfield. Dobson & Mica are guns, I guess you could tag them all you like but they will still dominant. I have played against them a few times back in the state league days and they were hard at it. Not sure who there 3rd onballer will be... Thommo, Northsider do you know?

I will go for a trot in there if I think we need to lift the skill level :D

The guy with the big gut.

If you're referring to a Woodsman, you will need to narrow it down a bit more mate.

Swampy I am from the woodsman not Sandgate.

You are? If you're a current player, put a sock in it! I'll be finding out who you are and kicking your arse.

They no doubt don't regret the decision at all. They have stepped up in class into a higher division and are right in it! :p

Absolutely correct there Thommo!! Enjoying our footy, far better than last season (feel real sorry for poor Caboolture up there though) and we get to play in a great comp with such happy, fun loving fellas, like some of the guys on this forum!!
Cheers fellas, thanks for having us!! :)
And don't worry tigerhawk, like thommo with his supposed teammate and buddy in northsider, i will also find swampy and give him a clip over the earhole for you. He is a good fella really!! I think he just needs to go to bed earlier as he is getting a bit old and gets cranky late at night!!

Hey QAFL,

On your way back would you grab us a beer please..... it's just got interesting in here and I reckon I might just sit for a while to see what happens next. ;)

It'll certainly make it on the agenda for Friday's episode of QAFA (B) Central - Footy from all angles...... with all shapes!!! We'll be broadcasting live from the hill between the two fields, so come on up and say hi.

Absolutely correct there Thommo!! Enjoying our footy, far better than last season (feel real sorry for poor Caboolture up there though) and we get to play in a great comp with such happy, fun loving fellas, like some of the guys on this forum!!
Cheers fellas, thanks for having us!! :)
And don't worry tigerhawk, like thommo with his supposed teammate and buddy in northsider, i will also find swampy and give him a clip over the earhole for you. He is a good fella really!! I think he just needs to go to bed earlier as he is getting a bit old and gets cranky late at night!!
Gotta catch me first ;)

Have to stoke the fire every now and then right. Gives peanut and king something to read ;)

I doubt any of the players at the Woodsmen who have played high level footy would be silly enough to ignore the potential influence of Gillett, beer gut or not.

He is certainly carrying some weight, but in the handful of games I've seen from Wynnum this year he still gets to every contest and wins the footy. Without him the outside runners (plenty of them at Wynnum) wouldn't touch it!

It must be a strange feeling down at Wynnum though, Division 1 Premiers 08/09 (?) and now their seniors are in the Division 4 equivalent. Having said that, I imagine when old Scotty agreed to play Division 4, he probably wasn't expecting to run into half a dozen state league players! As I keep saying, the level of footy at the top end of this league would beat many of the lesser QFA sides.

Piss off, I am only 33!

Apologies. So where are all the Woodsmen jumping to your defence??

Do you only get a game because you're the President?

I doubt any of the players at the Woodsmen who have played high level footy would be silly enough to ignore the potential influence of Gillett, beer gut or not.

He is certainly carrying some weight, but in the handful of games I've seen from Wynnum this year he still gets to every contest and wins the footy. Without him the outside runners (plenty of them at Wynnum) wouldn't touch it!

It must be a strange feeling down at Wynnum though, Division 1 Premiers 08/09 (?) and now their seniors are in the Division 4 equivalent. Having said that, I imagine when old Scotty agreed to play Division 4, he probably wasn't expecting to run into half a dozen state league players! As I keep saying, the level of footy at the top end of this league would beat many of the lesser
We have a couple of good young fellas that are ready to step up, if need be. that have been following Scottys moves.

Not really, out of that 08 div 1 side there is only 1 player left. Scotty G. Really out of the side that played Aspley 2 years ago in the elimination final, there is only 4 of us. It's a complete new and youngish side. So it's get experience and run in there legs and rebuild, And the likes of woodsmans and jimboomba is good for them seeing that it's smarts not speed that will win out at the end of the day.

What happened to them all? Just retired after a couple of flags, moved clubs?
Not really sure of the 08 guys, I know one is down at robina, and most retired. Of the 2012 guys all bar one retired or moved interstate or mines. Hence the results last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QAFL_Fan let's make sure the Division references are correct. When QFA was Div 1 this division was Div 3. It became Div 4 when Div 1 became Div 2.

its a bit confusing, not sure that even explains it for me!

Divisions are out of whack anyway. Top 4 sides in QAFA B would beat most QAFA clubs and the lower level QFA South and North teams from what I have seen.

long time reader and had to put in my 2 cents. Wynnum have really put the pressure on themselves when they come out and say things like other teams have no teeth and their smarts will win them the premiership. I've coached in the queensland comp on and off for the last twenty years and my advice to you swampy is if you have a young team it wont help them by giving other teams extra motivation to knock you off. Young guys get nervous and extra pressure wont help. Good luck to you though.

long time reader and had to put in my 2 cents. Wynnum have really put the pressure on themselves when they come out and say things like other teams have no teeth and their smarts will win them the premiership. I've coached in the queensland comp on and off for the last twenty years and my advice to you swampy is if you have a young team it wont help them by giving other teams extra motivation to knock you off. Young guys get nervous and extra pressure wont help. Good luck to you though.
Um ok, considering we used it as an example and didn't actually single anyone or any team out, that's abit silly. I never said smarts will win us the premiership, I will spell it out but. The young fellas can watch the likes of dobo, Mika, widt, Watson, and Scotty g and learn a lot, a hell of a lot actually. The comment was about them learning had nothing to do with winning a premiership.

Yep, I think you were misinterpreted there Swamp. Looks to me like you said you want the Wynnum boys to learn that their speed will only get them so far and smarts will be what wins it.

Anyway, looks like Woodsmen have jumped the gun already and named their side...

Some notable omissions, with Ed Mcdonald not listed, and Hammill named as an emergency only. Also has a Nipperess on the emergency list, they used to have a gun forward called Nipperess, wonder if its him?

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?c=1-109-0-299468-0&pool=1001&fixture=124327481&a=SELECT

Um ok, considering we used it as an example and didn't actually single anyone or any team out, that's abit silly. I never said smarts will win us the premiership, I will spell it out but. The young fellas can watch the likes of dobo, Mika, widt, Watson, and Scotty g and learn a lot, a hell of a lot actually. The comment was about them learning had nothing to do with winning a premiership.
Swampy...what are you doing mate??? Everyone is after you in the last couple of days. Mate if I was you I would put a media ban on myself for the rest of this week. Because it seems like you get slammed whatever you say.
And sunsfan maybe you should just go back to reading posts and take a moment to read them properly. QAFL-fan read it the same way i did. It was a compliment to many of the very talented guys we have played against this season, not having a shot at them.
But still swampy...pull the plug will ya!!

Swampy...what are you doing mate??? Everyone is after you in the last couple of days. Mate if I was you I would put a media ban on myself for the rest of this week. Because it seems like you get slammed whatever you say.
And sunsfan maybe you should just go back to reading posts and take a moment to read them properly. QAFL-fan read it the same way i did. It was a compliment to many of the very talented guys we have played against this season, not having a shot at them.

Media ban....?

ON QAFA (B) Central 360, Swamp is the premier pre-match interview..... there is no way we're flying Kingy (not me the other King) up here for Swamp to put a media ban on himself.........

So these questions you've emailed through Swamp..... Are you really sure you want us to ask you if you find it insulting you've had to play against such weak oppostion in this division? And how you think the drop back to this division is just a blip in the history of your great club?

And I'm not that comfortable with the question on the fact that as a new club in this division you feel you've been ripped off on umpiring decisions.......

I do want to ask about your clubs involvement with S Dank, and the ASADA show cause notices sent to 5 of your players at the end of this finals series........

Swampy, you're being paid big $$$$$ for this interview (again, at your demand), we'd expect a little transparency with this!

But but but dad, can't I stay up for a bit longer????? ;)
Media ban....?

ON QAFA (B) Central 360, Swamp is the premier pre-match interview..... there is no way we're flying Kingy (not me the other King) up here for Swamp to put a media ban on himself.........

So these questions you've emailed through Swamp..... Are you really sure you want us to ask you if you find it insulting you've had to play against such weak oppostion in this division? And how you think the drop back to this division is just a blip in the history of your great club?

And I'm not that comfortable with the question on the fact that as a new club in this division you feel you've been ripped off on umpiring decisions.......

I do want to ask about your clubs involvement with S Dank, and the ASADA show cause notices sent to 5 of your players at the end of this finals series........

Swampy, you're being paid big $$$$$ for this interview (again, at your demand), we'd expect a little transparency with this!
Hahaha if we had dank here, he has failed badly. I think he was injecting the wrong stuff when he got to the high end division that is QAFA (B) Central ;)

Apologies. So where are all the Woodsmen jumping to your defence??

Probably doing something useful with their time, like not posting on here. I should follow suit.

Do you only get a game because you're the President?

Maybe, I never asked.

As for 'smarts' not sure there are too many blokes on our side who have ever been accused of being smart :p

Media ban....?

Haha...yep that is our boy, swampy...the Jason Akermanis of the Wynnum Vikings!! ;)
Just don't ask him about the old defender that he has had to carry all season

And as far as Dank, looking at our young boys...and some of the older one we definitely have been ripped off. I think we should launch an inquiry because we have been given the wrong juice. Any clubs out there have some spare gym equipment because i think we need to introduce some of boys to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back