Mod. Notice West Coast Board - tell us what you think...

How good is this place?

• Don't change a thing (AKA the Woosha years)

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • I'd like some tweaks around the edges (Send Huntaaa forward) - please tell us your thoughts

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Total rebuild - please tell us your thoughts

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I strongly believe in free speech, the Priddis thread is OTT..300 pages bagging one of our own. It really bothers me that his family and friends read that stuff and that he knows it too..yea of course he does. I reckon it's an embarrassment to the Eagles board and very off putting to potential new posters who might wander in here and read that thread which really showcases the worst side of footy supporters, sniping a player but also sniping each other..and slowly just back out again ala Homer in the bushes style. So my suggestion is to bloody get rid of it already, sure let posters discuss his performance after the games just like any other player in the game day threads..but to target him like that over so many pages and over such a long time is worse than unAustralian..its unEagleish!

This paragraph amounts to 'I believe in free speech, but... >insert emotion based reasoning'<. Free speech isn't free if you're advocating censorship at the same time. You contradict yourself when saying that you believe in free speech, then go onto advocate for the removal of the Priddis thread which would quash folks' free speech. What you really seem to advocate for is a form of Orwellian accepted speech.

Being a public figure, Priddis is just going to have to wear the criticism; and his family should deal with that in an adult fashion by ignoring it. Priddis isn't the first sportsman to have some negative opinions posted on-line about him. Asking for censorship of the Priddis thread is based on emotion, not sound reason.

Being a board for Eagles fans, this board should harbour all POV that don't violate board rules - negative opinions are included in that. I think this board is better for such opinions, for otherwise this board becomes an echo chamber/circle jerk.

Last edited:

Being a board for Eagles fans, this board should harbour all POV that don't violate board rules - negative opinions are included in that. I think this board is better for such opinions, for otherwise this board becomes an echo chamber/circle jerk.

With the irony being that most peoples contribution to a certain thread has become that.

There's no irony involved, for the Priddis thread has consistent pro and anti's putting forth their views. Hence it's no echo chamber/circle jerk.

That thread is the definition of a circle jerk. Its the same group of people on one side bringing up the same points over and over again and congratulating each other for it.

That thread is the definition of a circle jerk. Its the same group of people on one side bringing up the same points over and over again and congratulating each other for it.
And yet the people bringing up priddis in this thread are the people who want him to stop being talked about.
No anti priddis posters mentioned him in here until this happened.

To priddis or not to priddis. That is the question.

The Priddis thread would be a circle jerk if it had only one side of the argument posting. That's not the case. Both the pro's and the anti's are putting forth their opinions. The fact that the debate has long continued doesn't make it a circle jerk.

The Priddis thread would be a circle jerk if it had only one side of the argument posting. That's not the case. Both the pro's and the anti's are putting forth their opinions. The fact that the debate has long continued doesn't make it a circle jerk.

It's turned into an anti-priddis caliphate.
Look at the end of the day I don't really care, most of the people that post there no longer come up on my feed anyway. While I agree with most of the anti-points the way that some people carry themselves around here is disgraceful. Sad day when I have more fruitful and insightful conversations with opposition supporters. But that’s the way it is and so be it.

It's turned into an anti-priddis caliphate.

Look at the end of the day I don't really care, most of the people that post there no longer come up on my feed anyway. While I agree with most of the anti-points the way that some people carry themselves around here is disgraceful. Sad day when I have more fruitful and insightful conversations with opposition supporters. But that’s the way it is and so be it.

Given that both the pro's and the anti's are sharing their opinions in that thread, it's as much pro-Priddis as it is vice versa. The exchange between the two factions is what has lead to the thread being as big as it is.

The way people carry themselves on BF is irrelevant. Having differing opinions also has nothing to do with how people carry themselves. If such reason is to be used as a means to censor, it is faulty reasoning, for it's an emotion-based reason rather than a logical one.

Last edited:
This paragraph amounts to 'I believe in free speech, but... >insert emotion based reasoning'<. Free speech isn't free if you're advocating censorship at the same time. You contradict yourself when saying that you believe in free speech, then go onto advocate for the removal of the Priddis thread which would quash folks' free speech. What you really seem to advocate for is a form of Orwellian accepted speech.

Being a public figure, Priddis is just going to have to wear the criticism; and his family should deal with that in an adult fashion by ignoring it. Priddis isn't the first sportsman to have some negative opinions posted on-line about him. Asking for censorship of the Priddis thread is based on emotion, not sound reason.

No, I'm not advocating anything nor am I being emotionally reactive..I reckon your tone is a tad more emotional than mine actually. This particular thread asks for people opinions on the Eagles board and its content, and I've given mine, that's all. I def won't lose any sleep over it though, nor will I argue with anyone over it. I think its an embarrassing sh*tstain thread on the front page and I don't like it and in this thread I'm entitled to say so.. but if other people do like it and it stays well..carry on.

No, I'm not advocating anything nor am I being emotionally reactive..I reckon your tone is a tad more emotional than mine actually. This particular thread asks for people opinions on the Eagles board and its content, and I've given mine, that's all. I def won't lose any sleep over it though, nor will I argue with anyone over it. I think its an embarrassing sh*tstain thread on the front page and I don't like it and in this thread I'm entitled to say so.. but if other people do like it and it stays well..carry on.

No, you do advocate censorship. You said "'So my suggestion is to bloody get rid of it" (the Priddis thread)'. My tone is irrelevant to this issue. You're entitled to say you don't like the thread, but you go even further when you advocate censorship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we can have a thread on every other player except Priddis? Why does he need protecting so?
I'm not saying you can't. I'm just saying I reckon its a crap long overdrawn thread and it stinks up the front page..Id LOVE to see a 300 page thread on our front page on what a s**t player Ballantyne is..hypocritical but there you go..somehow it doesn't hurt when its opposition but when its your own club then yea it hurts.
Anyway, this is for the mods coz they asked..everyone else can ignore my opinion if they like and do as they see fit :)

We should have a multi thread function so that the Priddis thread can be split into sub thread sections about what is happening in the main Priddis thread.

Or just have a Priddis board?

Priddis?

GreatTit002.jpg

With the same thinking as to why we ignore particular posters (as opposed simply just not reading their posts), I would love to be able to ignore whole threads. I am totally over the Priddis thread and would love to see it disappear off my screen - never to be thought of again.

The great shame of this board is when people use every opportunity, no matter what the topic, to push their own opinions on others ie invading other threads with anti/pro Priddis sentiments. Personally I am not of fan of Priddis' footballing ability but am totally sick of people polluting other threads on totally unrelated topics with attacks on Priddis. Unless they genuinely contribute to other threads, keep the Priddis quotes in the Priddus thread (which I would joyfully ignore if given the option).

Any mention of Priddis (post, or even starting a thread) should be auto ban for the poster who mentioned Priddis.

Any mention of Priddis (post, or even starting a thread) should be auto ban for the poster who mentioned Priddis.

All references to Priddis shall be replaced by Monopoly.

'How much longer can Monopoly be played?'

'We're wasting time and going nowhere playing Monopoly instead of chasing Jaeger O'Meara...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back