Of our young midfielders, who will be the best in three years? (2)

Of our young midfielders, who will be the best in three years?

• Kav

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Ashby

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fantasia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick O'Brien

• Hams

• Edwards

• Aylett

• Zach Merrett

Votes: 65 67.0%
  • Jackson Merrett

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Gleeson

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Other (say who)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Saw the thread from 2010 and thought it might be an interesting exercise to do again.

Personally, and I hope i'm not alone in this -- I love Gleeson. Great in traffic, great user of the ball and has certainly got some toe.

Note: I'm hoping to keep it to third, second and first year players.

Is it just a given that Zach will be the best and that's why he's been left off or are we pinning him down as a forward?
I only voted Gleeson because Merrett wasn't there. I assumed it was by design...

Is it just a given that Zach will be the best and that's why he's been left off or are we pinning him down as a forward?

This is why people don't let me plan things. I have no idea how I forgot Zach. Not even the guy from memento could forget Zach. Is it possible to add Zach & Jackson to the poll?

EDIT: Fixed.

This is why people don't let me plan things. I have no idea how I forgot Zach. Not even the guy from memento could forget Zach. Is it possible to add Zach & Jackson to the poll?
Yep. I've added them in.

I've also restarted the poll, so those who voted will be able to do so again if they so wish.

Just edit the post to exclude Zach as we all know he's going to s**t it in and triple crown 5 times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zach and Gleeson is a no brainer. Don't mind Ashby and J Merrett's early season form was encouraging. Lots of doubts on the others. Shame we didn't get Miles from the Giants, other two have inspired too much, apart from a couple of speccies from Edwards. Still early I guess.

The lack of Dyson Heppell in this thread is disturbing, fair chunk of these boys are within a year of him (Aylett is the same age from memory).

I think Zach Merrett. Left field selection is Lachlan Dalgleish.

Heppell was excluded as he is in his 4th season. Aylett is the same age but was taken as a zone concession by GWS with his first AFL season being 2012.

Z Merrett, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Gleeson slides past.

Needless to say.. I think those two boys are going to be the backbone of our team for the next EFC dynasty.

Also can somebody explain to me why Gleeson is The Cyborg?
A offended Carlton supporter posted about how our team consisted of cyborgs (on account of the drugs) after we flogged them, and then someone posted an image of the slightly built Gleeson and he consequently became known as the Cyborg.

Has Kav ever made it through a full pre-season yet? Would be interested to see how he benefits. Think he'll come good eventually.
Not sure. 1st year was all about getting over his hamstring problems, didn't show much in his second and hasn't in his third either.
I'm a big fan of his, but he hasn't lived up to the hype just yet. Contracted for 1 more year, lets hope he lifts.

Back