Current Lloyd Rayney Trial / Appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watch "The Lloyd Rayney Story" on Channel Seven tonight?

Seems very favourable to Rayney (presumably to secure his involvement) but does raise a number of pieces of evidence that throw a lot of doubt on the police case.

Anyone watch "The Lloyd Rayney Story" on Channel Seven tonight?

Seems very favourable to Rayney (presumably to secure his involvement) but does raise a number of pieces of evidence that throw a lot of doubt on the police case.
And you were expecting a balanced assessment of the issues, were you?

The defamation trial is going ahead.

I'm no lawyer but if the police reasonably believed he was the prime suspect how is there an issue?

Also the fact he was charged with her murder makes me think the damages could only be for a couple of years.

I'm no lawyer but if the police reasonably believed he was the prime suspect how is there an issue?

Also the fact he was charged with her murder makes me think the damages could only be for a couple of years.
Agree.

I think his claim is more to do with the wider impact on him and his family. The impact on how when he walks down the street people whisper etc

He is a low life who is now going to rub it into police.His smirk will only get wider.

So now that Mr, "There's a body going in there" has been charged with another crime. Has any progress been made on this case?
This is the guy they found cigarette butts on the footpath near Rayneys house right, and a call made from a phone booth to a sister nearby.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...-told-sex-offender-spoke-of-park-body/8457958

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/571723c4a18652af26d6b072ad327332

Mr Lacco, a convicted sex offender, was arrested on the day Ms Rayney’s body as found and had injuries to his face and hands.

He moved to Victoria a few months later but said he was often moving back and forth between the two states.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nat...w/news-story/cd57d14acdc064eed55d6ea7b6e0b296

Last edited:

just had a lawyer on the CSK case explain the legal issue in question is fascinating from a legal perspective.

Martin Bennett needs to convince the courts:
- the police had other suspects
- or the police did not act professionally and completely, thus it was unreasonable to make that statement

the next issue which is one for the executive (not for the courts), is should they (including the police) comment on cases before the courts or specific details on investigations

FTR Rainey has no money and Bennett is acting on success fees only. Bennett is an ego driven guy and will enjoy the spotlights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FTR Rainey has no money and Bennett is acting on success fees only. Bennett is an ego driven guy and will enjoy the spotlights.
No doubt he'll enjoy the $$$$ too
A win will be a win. Set a high legal figure the taxpayer gets to put on the table.
Even Rayney will be well off.
Didnt someone say there is no money in the budget for this stuff?

Last edited:
Bret Christian in Presumed Guilty touches on the Rayney case and how if a jury trial had occurred Rayney would be sitting in a cell. He also mentions where the car was found but the WA Police fitted its circumstances to Rayney and not the car to the location

Agree to an extent, a jury would have been more prone to an emotional verdict than a judge. Justice Martin found ridiculously obvious, gaping holes in the DPP's theory and found Rayney not guilty (and based on the evidence, rightfully so).

Personally, I think he did it, but certainly not in the manner alleged. This is another problem with the police running their mouths off in press conferences; they effectively sabotaged the trial to their own detriment. Completely unprofessional, and points to either incompetence or maliciousness. They cost the taxpayer millions in an unsuccessful investigation, trial and now defamation, while denying Corinne justice. What a debacle.

On a side note, imagine if he didn't do it? I think he did it, but if he truly is innocent his whole life has been destroyed.

One would think DPP like Loyd not popular with criminals.
Corryn was also Registrar at Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Lots of exposure to criminals not excluding murderers at Supreme
1_Rayney-placecards_620.jpg

Image:Watoday

Last edited:
There was saliva found on Corryns body. Obviously police have dismissed this DNA as non perpetrator post bootscoot linedance night.
This may have been their motive for a jilted husband?

The Queen ends up in Kings Park off Lovekin drive.
Some sort of narcissic megolamaniac sick joke?
Any lawyer worth their salt knows what Rayney means.
[rayney] as a girls' name is of Latin origin, and the name Rayney means "queen". Rayney is a version of Raina (Latin): version of Regina

Last edited:
The name tag came from a dinner where they played a celebrity heads-esque game. Rayney was given the Queen.

It's also illegal to practice as a lawyer on a contingency basis in WA (http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/wa/consol_act/lpa2008179/s285.html) - designed to stop courts being clogged with speculative cases. Bennet's working for fame, not a success fee.

Bennett is an ego maniac. Clearly a flamboyant and capable lawyer but In my experience he has lost cases due to his ego.

The name tag came from a dinner where they played a celebrity heads-esque game. Rayney was given the Queen.

It's also illegal to practice as a lawyer on a contingency basis in WA (http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/wa/consol_act/lpa2008179/s285.html) - designed to stop courts being clogged with speculative cases. Bennet's working for fame, not a success fee.

In this case being lawyer defending lawyer there is always ways around the law. I don't doubt you but that final invoice might be exceptional. Rayney has no money left anyrate?
Penalty $10000 :) Pittance unless they lose their wig so to speak
*You are not allowed employ sharebroker on % basis either, but it happens under the table.

Certainly true and the irony the name tag is found a little distance from the body. 100 metres? Still seems odd a name tag is kept. Not impossible, but how many people take their name tag home?

"The Queen" would be a great demonstration of knowledge of latin of a lawyer. My understanding is Rayney created his name by DEED POL. Rayney is not his birth name,

My understanding is that the place names from the wedding doubled as a game of guess "who am I" stuck to the forehead. In a table of lawyers, the latin reference would have been relevant in their latin understanding of law. Someone showing off.

Someone may have stuck the place name in their pocket, but cant say I have ever taken the place name home from a wedding.

It is a catered event, common in the theme of many the crimes. Not sure how far Ciaras sisters wedding was from the weekend. Maybe one week? The following weekend? Apparently Ciara had a hair appointment the following morning her disappearance. Ciara's sisters Wedding Royal Perth yacht club from memory.

Kings Park on Lovekin drive is odd. Just entertaining the psycho-analaysis of a potential psychopath. Stepping away from the tunnel vision on Rayney himself.

Ironically Queens St is perpendicular to Bentley community centre that Corryn attended line dancing prior her disappearance.

Obviously the saliva (DNA) on Corryns groyne area is not of significance to the case. But it must suggest potential prior activity.

Last edited:
Not sure, Centenary Drive or Centenary avenue in Bentley/Wilson, but a woman was dumped wrapped in plastic at one of these locations. More references to parks/road created for bicentennial celebrations I believe.

Cutler went June 20 1988 year of Bicentennary. Cutler attended WAIT, now Curtain uni Bentley. Rayney ends up in Kings Park.

Centenary is not far away from Bentley Community centre.

Remember Corryn Rayney was a court registrar in Supreme Court, in 'Stirling' Gardens.

There is nothing to say Corryn wasn't stalked by a psychopath in a preplanned kill.

I would imagine being DP, Loyd Rayney would be a wanted man by many convicted criminals, some where cigarette butts were found outside the Rayneys house, and a phone call to a criminals sister.

Possibly the sex offender or an associate that said there is a body going in there, passing Kings Park.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nat...w/news-story/cd57d14acdc064eed55d6ea7b6e0b296

Last edited:
Not sure, Centenary Drive or Centenary avenue in Bentley/Wilson, but a woman was dumped wrapped in plastic at one of these locations. More references to parks/road created for bicentennial celebrations I believe.
Link?

Cutler went June 20 1988 year of Bicentennary. Cutler attended WAIT, now Curtain uni Bentley. Rayney ends up in Kings Park.
Stop spamming other cases in so many different threads. This is about Rayney. Dont bring your conspiracy s**t into this one

There is nothing to say Corryn wasn't stalked by a psychopath in a preplanned kill.
Then you agree Rayney is innocent?

Link?

Stop spamming other cases in so many different threads. This is about Rayney. Dont bring your conspiracy s**t into this one

Then you agree Rayney is innocent?

1. You really need to look up the term conspiracy. You obviously don't know what it means.

2. Im saying there is a possible link with the other cases. There are other crimes in the immediate area. They are all unsolved cases. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

3. I haven't made a decision on Rayney. Why would I? How can I know? Are you trying to entrap me?

4. No one has any hard evidence on Rayney. The judge was scathing of the case.

And look up the term spam. Obviously you have a closed mind or you don't want the cases connected,

Obviously you think Rayney is guilty or you wouldn't be dismissing others. He was going through his next separation. We know there is events at the time the last one.

So Loyd Rayney had his home phone tapped by a police force IT expert then killed her. Seems a bit obvious. So chances are the DP Lawyer was set up. Bring in the police then kill her. That makes sense.

Loyd Rayney dongs her on the head, puts her in the boot. Goes for a leisurely drive up to Kings Park on Lovekin drive, reverses over a bollard, then digs a hole next to a tree at random and lobs her in. Drives around and parks her car outside a friends house. More obvious. Someone trying to seal Rayneys fate.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back