SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Mt Waverley would be more than competitive in Div. 2 going on the standard this year.
Except the top 2 most teams have fallen away, those being Oakleigh, Springvale & Murrumbeena especially. All were finalists in 2013, now finishing 6th to 9th. And you can't tell me that Hampton & Caulfield have improved that much to be 3rd & 4th. So to say Mt Waverley would be belted in Div 2 you're grossly misinformed.

So having said that they should stay in SFL, win a flag, move into Div 2 & push for finals. I'm tipping BFC10 doesn't know a whole lot anyway, just makes a lot of assumptions

Mt Waverley would be more than competitive in Div. 2 going on the standard this year.
Except the top 2 most teams have fallen away, those being Oakleigh, Springvale & Murrumbeena especially. All were finalists in 2013, now finishing 6th to 9th. And you can't tell me that Hampton & Caulfield have improved that much to be 3rd & 4th. So to say Mt Waverley would be belted in Div 2 you're grossly misinformed.

So having said that they should stay in SFL, win a flag, move into Div 2 & push for finals. I'm tipping BFC10 doesn't know a whole lot anyway, just makes a lot of assumptions

Spot on BFC10 has been throwing around wild accusations with no substance all year in the DIV 3 Thread and DIV 2 last year obviously has nothing better to do with his life.

Im from Mount and we have no intention of leaving the SFL at all and are very happy with the SFL!

Rumour has it that Port won't come to the SFL unless they come straight into Division 1. Well get serious Port you'll come in where the SFL see you fit and if you don't like that then the WRFL is still there to kick your arse

Sounds like you are scared they may get in.

Sounds like you are scared they may get in.
In reality Port will be a good fit for the SFL but try to get into Division 1 in the EFL or the Ammo's for instance in your first year. Fact is you have to earn your stripes first. If that means they are in Division 2 for a year then so be it. Division 1 positions are not to be given away, clubs have to earn their spot and it would be considered grossly unfair to the current Division 2 finalists if they were denied a Division 1 spot because Port Colts were granted preference.. There will only be a 10 team competition in Division 1 so the draw wouldn't be compromised therefore, in reality, 11 do not go into 10. Don't think Clayton or City would be too keen on getting dropped down. Not involved with either but would be pretty confident they would fight fiercely to remain in Div 1

Last edited:
This one is an interesting one for me. I am old school when it comes to local footy and don't really mind if blokes are having a couple of Billy's frothies the night before a game. Hey, I used to. However I can understand clubs (not saying chelt is) getting frustrated/annoyed if one of their marquee players is going out the night before games and having a fair crack. It is different now a days, as there appears to be a lot more money involved at the local level, so if a player is putting his hand out (not that i have a problem with this) then i think they should endeavour to prepare as best as possible. A bit contradictory I know!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tips this week ?
St Pauls by 15 pts
Chelsea H by 2 pts
Tips for the League B&F from
Jackson Peet, Peter Mercoulia, Lucas Walmsley, Daniel Bolger, Andrew Gilbert, Ben Douthie, Tremaine Tohiariki, Dean Williamson,Matt Terech, ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With finals rolling around and Dingley sitting on top of the tree rumour has it that past player Shane Morwood has already signed with Noble Park for 2015 as Senior Coach. Seems that maybe a few a getting ahead of themselves but that's life! Could be a great opportunity for Darren to collect a handball receive from half back for a raking left footer to advantage. Good fit for Noble, past player and track record they could do worse but not sure this news is good coming into finals

With finals rolling around and Dingley sitting on top of the tree rumour has it that past player Shane Morwood has already signed with Noble Park for 2015 as Senior Coach. Seems that maybe a few a getting ahead of themselves but that's life! Could be a great opportunity for Darren to collect a handball receive from half back for a raking left footer to advantage. Good fit for Noble, past player and track record they could do worse but not sure this news is good coming into finals

Not sure if Kappler would be the man. Seems like a good assistant but not the main man.
Would any players leave with Morwood. Don't think his son would play 1s at Noble.

Not sure if Kappler would be the man. Seems like a good assistant but not the main man.
Would any players leave with Morwood. Don't think his son would play 1s at Noble.
I've heard they have spoken to him and he has told them to wait until after the SFL Finals before discussing it. You might have gone a bit early with his signing. Heard they are also chasing Donati who is rumoured on 40K at Balwyn Coaching. Kappler has always said he would stay on at Dingley as long as Moorwood was there. If Dingley gets what they want at the end of the year i'm sure all parties would shake hands no matter what Moorwoods decision was.

I've heard they have spoken to him and he has told them to wait until after the SFL Finals before discussing it. You might have gone a bit early with his signing. Heard they are also chasing Donati who is rumoured on 40K at Balwyn Coaching. Kappler has always said he would stay on at Dingley as long as Moorwood was there. If Dingley gets what they want at the end of the year i'm sure all parties would shake hands no matter what Moorwoods decision was.
Apparently the ink has dried and it's a done deal! Freeman to have another go and you'd probably expect Walmsley and Bolger to consider their options along with the big fellow Lloyd

Apparently the ink has dried and it's a done deal! Freeman to have another go and you'd probably expect Walmsley and Bolger to consider their options along with the big fellow Lloyd

I would have thought that you would have more to worry about than what is happening at the hugely successful Den. "You'd probably expect" = I have no idea!

You obviously don't know Shane as a bloke. I hardly think he is going to walkout the door and then take half a dozen players with him. He's a pretty respectful bloke. From what i've heard Noble have recruitment staff, the coach, coaches the team and that's his sole job. Maybe change your name from Mr Insider to Mr no*******idea.

Any other late breaking news Scoop?

Perhaps you could report that you have found 100 supporters to watch your next away game! The 6 that turned up to the top of the table clash a couple of weeks ago would love some company

Remove this Banner Ad

Back