Offer To Essendon Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol the action Middleton was talking about was the show cause notices. In case you missed it, they were issued to the players.

Wow, I misread your previous post about the strategic brilliance of ASADA. I thought you were clever and being facetious. Oh well.

Middleton does not give a rats arse about the players.

He gave them every opportunity to put their name behind the court case and they chickened out.

He only cares about Essendon club vs ASADA.

The players kept out of it.

He made it quite clear that he thought the players should have been in on the action.

They made a mistake.

ASADA did not. Essendon did.

In all seriousness if this has any merit; there will be a few Essendon employees and Board members sweating hard right now.

Wonder who will coach the Bombers next year?

Neither Bomber, Hird or the Doc will be there next year. Goneski the lot of 'em, along with anyone else that was there during the injecting program.

I'm betting Essendon will tell ASADA to shove it and the powerbrokers at EFC will convince the players to support the club's decision - as they have been doing from day dot.

EFC will be on the brink from the legal costs alone. Other than fighting ASADA, ex Bomber players now at other clubs will be taking legal action against them surely.

"ASADA has repeatedly told them the bans will not be challenged by the World Anti-Doping Authority (WADA), but solicitors acting for the players want additional safeguards to be provided first thing Friday morning, before agreeing to stand down immediately."
Read More: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...dated-doping-ban/story-fni3gol8-1227032462888

I wonder if that means they won't challenge any EFC deals as well?

I think you'll find that majority of people don't care any more.

I think you'll find that if players are found guilty of drug infractions and get off without suspension that the majority of people will be livid

I think Roy is using old bits too and surely asada couldn't be so silly as to poke the Court Case bear... :eek:

If true it now looks ironically like ASADA trying to sweep stuff under the carpet before the ruling I feel...

It will be interesting if other media run it and the angles that come up...

I think you'll find that if players are found guilty of drug infractions and get off without suspension that the majority of people will be livid

Better brace themselves then IMO

This could all be heading towards suspensions served in off season...

If Sharks take deal, it could set the tone and EFC players may take a deal as well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What im pissed about is Asada want to save their own asres at the expense of the players that's just wrong.

It is all ASADA has ever cared about.

They would rather be seen as following protocol than deal correctly with drug cheats.

ASADA are far worse than the drug cheats. FAR WORSE.

How can they live with themselves. You know.... being so incompetent.

so we can take it that WADA has stamped this deal?
No, not at all

In fact i'd say it's almost impossible they've stamped the 75% reduction for all playes.

WADA has shown in the apst substnatial assistance is hard to get, they only need one player to tell them Hird is a cheat, what do the other players saying the same thign add? Nothing, therefore no substantial assitance.

:(

The sentences for such minor indiscretions like his are so disproportionate. A lot of things with the WADA and ASADA code's are a bit out of whack. But at the end of the day I suppose they have to be; they have a duty to prevent anyone from exploiting any loopholes in it, and to make the punishments severe enough to guarnatee that athletes are ultra vigilant, in order to ensure clean sports.

Still doesn't make it right in his case though, IMO.

It's because WADA/ASADA hasn't been set up to handle team sports. Those penalties are designed for track and field athletes where a tiny advantage could be incredibly advantageous

It's because WADA/ASADA hasn't been set up to handle team sports. Those penalties are designed for track and field athletes where a tiny advantage could be incredibly advantageous

Rather than a team where the small individual advantage is multiplied many times over to give a significant team advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back