News Miles thrives - Gets 2 year extension

Remove this Banner Ad

A positive article about Richmond.
I knew it wasn't from the Herald Sun.

They were waiting for "Miles Experiment Not Working"

:D
The financial leaks on news corps bottom line across its Australian businesses should warm your heart

Anyone think Miles has reached his peak? Not a terrible thing if what we saw this season is the best he can give but I reckon with the expectations lifting massively next year from the fans etc, his output will not be seen as good as it was this year.

Anyone think Miles has reached his peak? Not a terrible thing if what we saw this season is the best he can give but I reckon with the expectations lifting massively next year from the fans etc, his output will not be seen as good as it was this year.

As you say not terrible if he can maintain. I think second only to Cotch in clerances. Only played 12 AFL games can see him improving in others ways, still young. Especially seeing how he just made it back into AFL team. Doesn't seem to be the type to just be satisfied with that. Can see Morris improving for similar reasons...

As you say not terrible if he can maintain. I think second only to Cotch in clerances. Only played 12 AFL games can see him improving in others ways, still young. Especially seeing how he just made it back into AFL team. Doesn't seem to be the type to just be satisfied with that. Can see Morris improving for similar reasons...

Yep. Morris has a genuine reason with his shoulder.

I just think that Miles' form looked great because we hadn't seen him before. I think he's a bit slow and gets caught out a lot. But he's a hard at it midfielder with great inside skills which we need so badly without Tuck and Jackson around anymore...

I just think that Miles' form looked great because we hadn't seen him before. I think he's a bit slow and gets caught out a lot. But he's a hard at it midfielder with great inside skills which we need so badly without Tuck and Jackson around anymore...

Hopefully Milsey & Tigga can step up for those 2 ?

Miles has room for improvement and is still building up his tank to another level
Morris shoulder or no shoulder I fear has been found out by opponents and they lead him into traps bc they no he's reckless and kamikaze I think Morro needs to work improving on his mental approach and tactical methods to his game
It's more in the head with him than on the park . Leopard had him right but for some unknown reason he was a train wreck this year. Now if the coaches and meds said he was fit to play all year then it wasn't a shoulder issue that affected his game
He's been worked out by opponents that his skills are mediocre and with his kamikaze efforts he can be easily lured into a trap. Will struggle to hold his spot if we get a repeat of this year

I don't think he has but his ceiling probably isn't nearly as high as some on our list. Having said that, I reckon he'll be top 5 in the B&F if you counted the votes from when he first played. If he does that every season, I think most Tiger supporters will be happy (excluding the usual numptys who are never happy)

The big difference I see with Miles over Tuck and Jackson is that Miles seems to have realised much earlier in his career that he needs to play within his limitations to succeed and thrive. Pace isn't as important if you're smart and can win your own footy (Sam Mitchell). Fingers crossed that continues next year and beyond (and we find another one of him this off season!)

His progression wont be as dramatic as an 18 year olds. Wouldnt suprise me if he doesnt improve much next year but then takes another step up the year after.

Still, Ill be happy enough if he can maintain this level. Not everyone needs to be an AA. Sometimes you just need the good solid meat and potatoes mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still laugh at how good he is at drawing free kicks, i think he had 4 in the first quarter against port and we were getting whipped

There is no reason why miles cant improve more, This was basically his 1st season and playing half the season with the boys, He will get better not only due to being more familiar with his team mates and the game plan but he will improve with experience at the top level and the improvment in some of our other players getting better.
McDonough,Lennon,Vlastuin & Hopefully our 1st selection will be all improving mids that will take attention away from the likes of Cotchin & Miles
Really can see alot of Sam Mitchell in miles but miles is harder at it than what sam was at the same age and his statts are better as well. Its amazing how similar these players are even height and weight

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3786&tid2=11&pid2=266&type=A&fid1=O&fid2=O

10 games in why would we think that , opposition started getting into him last month of the year , he stood tall

Thanks mate, love the way he goes about it. Seems crazy so few clubs were interested in him. He's got a bit of the Selwoods about him how he attacks the ball in the packs. Huge for us when given the chance.
Couldn't agree more as he won me over very easily
Imagine if we could get a list of guys with his mental attitude and attack on the footy
We would be bigger than Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back