Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't knock Jonas he has developed beyond belief.

I have been getting annoyed with his disposal lately though, it started me thinking about whether he is the player that could make way for Clurey into the future, but he's such a good defender it is hard to see him being forced out. Of course that raises the question of where will Clurey fit over the next couple years which is an entirely different story, he may be trade bait in a year or so.

I can't knock Jonas he has developed beyond belief.

I have been getting annoyed with his disposal lately though, it started me thinking about whether he is the player that could make way for Clurey into the future, but he's such a good defender it is hard to see him being forced out. Of course that raises the question of where will Clurey fit over the next couple years which is an entirely different story, he may be trade bait in a year or so.

Oops think I read that wrong

During AFL teams Lynch rattled off a pretty good stat for Tommy Jonas saying he's won 39.5% of 1 on 1 contests he's involved in which is ranked 1st in the league.

I knew he was the best man on man defender on our list but was pleasantly surprised to hear he's up there as one of the best in the comp, no wonder he's in our leadership group.

erm it was Jack Hombsch not Tom Jonas....

Nah Tom Jonas had that stat but both Lynch & Derm gave a special mention to Hombsch.

Laughed at the footage they showed footage of Kern getting into a scuffle with Plugger.

Yeah just saw it again. Jonas with a special mention to Hombsch.

Hmmm, I'm sure I read only a week or two ago that Lonergan, Rivers, and Taylor were all top 5 for % contests won, and our highest was Carlile who was around 6th I think. Maybe that was only for over a certain amount of contests?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoying Tredrea, Jars + KG on MMM.

AO - home of AFL.

Port should have 2 friday night games next year.
Treds/KG: 'Port not only hold one but the top 2 record AO crowds'

Jars: 'for Port home games right not Crows games?'

Treds: 'uhh yeah they have the highest crowd at AO for both clubs'

Jars: 'I can't hear you lalalala'

Lol.

Last edited:
"He's making a mockery of Carlton!"

B1 KG fires up over Mick's treatment of Stevo in press conferences.

B2 Jars backs him up, calling out journos for not backing their colleague.

Mick v Stevo continues to be the most intriguing sub-plot of the season...

Michael Jamison talks about the Port v Carlton game:
http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Jamison-We-didnt-see-that-coming/71193

“I just don’t think we adapted well enough, they had a lot of numbers behind the ball and we bombed away.

“We just didn’t adapt and slow the game down with a bit more composure coming out of defence.”

Power all-round livewire Robbie Gray dominated the game with 31 disposals and four goals, which would have annoyed Blues coach Mick Malthouse given they had plans in place to stop the in-form playmaker.

“We put a lot of time into Robbie.

“He was certainly the number one player we highlighted throughout the week so it was disappointing he had all that space throughout the game.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back