Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

No player on our list would be prouder than LT on achieving 150 games. Heart and f***ing soul of this club IMO and the first in, without fear, when self sacrifice is required for the team.

Go get 'em champ! You owe your cousin one bigtime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad l backed him in when he had the yips and has now become a fantastic player. Opposition can hate him, but we love because he's a ripper bloke and a true shinboner.

It's easy to see that LT puts his heart and soul into his footy, comes across as quiet and unassuming off the field. Have loved watching LT play. Keep the good ones coming Lindsay. :)

So proud. Can tell in his footy that he loves the club.

He was on 360 earlier this year talking about the Our Icon jumper, and the passion he had for his heritage and for wearing the NMFC jumper was palpable.

I think we're going to remember him much more fondly than perhaps we realise. Let's hope there's another 150 games to the story too.

Well played Lindsay.

I thought there was no way. But since R1 2007 - back when Grant and Archer and Simpson were still playing - LT has just kept making himself valuable to the team. He has got stronger, more confident and added to his skills. And the fact it was very publicly not a smooth journey of improvement, but had some real setbacks and low tines, just makes it all the more admirable that he has come so far.

Back out comes the icon jumper on Saturday, for LT. Congratulations to a North champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we really wearing that jumper? If so, we are guaranteed to win the game.

I presume H to h is saying she'll be wearing it to honour LT mate, but I haven't heard if we are or aren't wearing it as a team mind you. If we were I imagine it'd be mentioned on the club's site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will end up a life-member and in the top handful in all time goals kicked for the club. There's not too many people who deserve that sort of recognition more than Lindsay, his obvious passion for the jumper and freakish talent should outweigh his sometimes frustrating antics on the field and endear him to all North fans.

I thought it was ten years. Buggered if I know.
I thought life member was after 200 games. Didnt both Spud and Wells get awarded life memberships at the end of last season after reaching that milestone during the year?

I thought life member was after 200 games. Didnt both Spud and Wells get awarded life memberships at the end of last season after reaching that milestone during the year?
This is correct, I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back