Soundwave 2015

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Lineup has dropped, got a 2 day festival now. Lineup is already decent with more to come no doubt, for an old metal head like me there's plenty to keep me coming back. Mayhem is a great addition, should be a pisser.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/soundwave-2015-lineup/

Soundwave Festival 2015

Day One

Faith No More
Soundgarden
Incubus
Lamb Of God
Ministry
Antemasque
Gerard Way
Mayhem
New Found Glory
Fear Factory
Hollywood Undead
Atreyu
The Aquabats
Area 7
Godflesh
Crown The Empire
The Interrupters
Icon For Hire
Emily’s Army
Patent Pending
Fireworks
The Bennies
The Color Morale
Monuments
Nothing More
Deathstars
Ne Obliviscaris
The Treatment

Day Two

Slipknot
Slash
Marilyn Manson
Fall Out Boy
Judas Priest
Godsmack
All Time Low
Papa Roach
Of Mice & Men
Escape The Fate
Apocalyptica
Lagwagon
Tonight Alive
Crossfaith
Butcher Babies
Confession
The Swellers
Conditions
Coldrain
King 810
Dayshell
This Wild Life

+ more to be announced!

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
I want to be excited, especially considering that we won't have a Big Day Out next summer but alas all the bands that I'm interested in, I've already seen on more then one occasion. Apparently Opeth were asked to come, but they're apparently going down the Queens of The Stone Age route and said no festivals.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I want to be excited, especially considering that we won't have a Big Day Out next summer but alas all the bands that I'm interested in, I've already seen on more then one occasion. Apparently Opeth were asked to come, but they're apparently going down the Queens of The Stone Age route and said no festivals.

I was hoping that the 2 day festival would have made it possible for Opeth to play, given with the 45 min slots they'd get about 4 and a half songs in. I've seen pretty much all of those bands too but I'll still go, always good fun.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being only passing fan, I would have been happy to see Opeth on the festival. I probably wouldn't see them otherwise.

Faith No More save the festival the me. I'm keen for Soundgarden and Godflesh as well, but apart from that it's a pretty average lineup for me. They did a pretty good job of getting all the bands I like on one day - Day 2 is pretty much a waste of time for me.

Yeah pretty meh for me at the moment. Have loved the last three lineups but theres not enough there to get me going as yet.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Day 1 Sydney looks good to me; day 2 not sold on yet. There are still 2 more announcements to come though aren't there? It's usually 3 right?
There are 14 more bands to be added apparently, one of which will be a headliner (presumably for Day 2). Rise Against and Machine Head are two of the bands I hear are likely for this 2nd announcement.

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Should have kept it to one day. I've been to the last 5 but not sure if I'll be going to this one yet. Most of these bands have been here pretty recently or I've seen at soundwave before. If the follow up announcements have a few decent bands I'll probably end up going. Annoyed Mastodon played this year, loving their new album so would have liked to see them again.

MelbourneCrow

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea
The FNM/Soundgarden/LoG day seems by far the better of the two days, but I'll definitely go to both. Looking forward to seeing the Mars Volta chaps in their new venture.

Killer lineup as far as I'm concerned - I'm more into heavy/hard music than metal so it really appeals to my taste.

Totally stoked to see Ministry on the lineup - one of the best bands I've ever seen live (will be 20 years on from their Big Day Out headline tour - I was lucky enough to see them at the Sydney BDO and the following night at Selinas). I'm not sure that they can bring the level of sheer power they did then but hopefully will still be good - they are definitely the loudest band I've ever seen.

I'm keen for Ministry as well, and they were great when the played the Big Day Out many years ago. Only problem is their last couple of albums were genuinely terrible. Let's hope they play none of that...
True - their albums have been downhill since Filthpig.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Worst lineup in years made even weaker by being stretched over two days. Should be able to get a couple of decent sideshows but not worth wasting an entire weekend on.

Nov 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
I could not be more excited for this. Some of my favourite bands are on this line up.

Mastodon need to do their own tour. Everytime they hit Oz it seems as though it's part of a festival or as a support act. Surely they're big enough now to warrant a decent tour.
They will be doing a headline tour this year.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lineup has dropped, got a 2 day festival now. Lineup is already decent with more to come no doubt, for an old metal head like me there's plenty to keep me coming back. Mayhem is a great addition, should be a pisser.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/soundwave-2015-lineup/

Soundwave Festival 2015

Day One

Faith No More
Soundgarden

Incubus
Lamb Of God
Ministry
Antemasque
Gerard Way
Mayhem
New Found Glory
Fear Factory
Hollywood Undead
Atreyu
The Aquabats
Area 7
Godflesh
Crown The Empire
The Interrupters
Icon For Hire
Emily’s Army
Patent Pending
Fireworks
The Bennies
The Color Morale
Monuments
Nothing More
Deathstars
Ne Obliviscaris
The Treatment

Day Two

Slipknot
Slash
Marilyn Manson
Fall Out Boy

Judas Priest
Godsmack
All Time Low
Papa Roach
Of Mice & Men

Escape The Fate
Apocalyptica
Lagwagon
Tonight Alive
Crossfaith
Butcher Babies
Confession
The Swellers
Conditions
Coldrain
King 810
Dayshell
This Wild Life

+ more to be announced!

The only acts I'd be interested and my interest in Slipknot and Fall Out Boy is using the loosest definition possible.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Mastodon need to do their own tour. Everytime they hit Oz it seems as though it's part of a festival or as a support act. Surely they're big enough now to warrant a decent tour.

They continue to raise the bar on their records that's for sure. But to be honest I didn't find them that great as a live act (the vocals are horrendous), I've only seen them at festivals though so maybe harsh to judge them.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They continue to raise the bar on their records that's for sure. But to be honest I didn't find them that great as a live act (the vocals are horrendous), I've only seen them at festivals though so maybe harsh to judge them.
I've seen them only once (at Soundwave in 2012?) and I thought the vocals were fine. They're not really a strong point of the band in the first place. Didn't see them last year though since Living Colour played at the same time.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I've seen them only once (at Soundwave in 2012?) and I thought the vocals were fine. They're not really a strong point of the band in the first place. Didn't see them last year though since Living Colour played at the same time.

Fair call about the vocals not being the main focus, I agree. Something about them wasn't that great, not sure about what it was. Though from memory they were playing right around Lamb Of God and Meshuggah so not too easy to follow those guys.

Just got my two day pass via the pre-sale :) Can't wait for Soundgarden, they were awesome last tour at the BDO and Myer Music Bowl side show. Always like Incubus and haven't seen FNM before which I'm excited about

Just got my two day pass via the pre-sale :) Can't wait for Soundgarden, they were awesome last tour at the BDO and Myer Music Bowl side show. Always like Incubus and haven't seen FNM before which I'm excited about
Soundgarden were sensational on that tour. (not quite as good as their 1994 tour but still rocking!).

Back