Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest additions;

2r2n5gz.jpg

- 2014 Lions HOF match worn (Darcy Gardiner)
- 2011 Spirit of Queensland match worn(?) (Cheynee Stiller)
- 2014 Anzac PI (Matthew Leunberger)

I got a few off the lions aswell. You get a COA with your jumpers? i didnt... doesnt bother me, but when it has 'COA supplied' on the site, youd expect it.

No COA's with any of them. When I bought the indigenous round jumper the COA got posted out a month or so later.

With the Hawks jumpers, they put the holographic sticker on both the COA and the jumper itself. Lions seem a little lax in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL:
Saints 2009 jumper with Nick Riewoldt number.
Saints 2011 jumper with Nick Riewoldt number.
Saints 2013 jumper with Jack Steven number.

NBA:
Orlando Magic Dwight Howard.
Chicago Bulls Derrick Rose.
San Antonio Tony Parker.
LA Lakers Kobe Bryant.
Golden State Stephen Curry.
New York Carmelo Anthony.

Can someone have a close look at this plz.
I have been given this by a gentleman who has passed away.
He has had it for 20 odd years +
He claims it was a match / season worn Port adelaide magpies guernsey.

Anyone have any idea if A it is a real one B what era is could be from and C whos it was?

Mero

Can someone have a close look at this plz.
I have been given this by a gentleman who has passed away.
He has had it for 20 odd years +
He claims it was a match / season worn Port adelaide magpies guernsey.

Anyone have any idea if A it is a real one B what era is could be from and C whos it was?

That is a beauty.

I have no reason to say that is not what your friend says it is, a match worn Port Adelaide jumper.
I would be interested in some form of provenance if I was looking to sell it, something like a pic of a player wearing it, or even a pic of the player with the person you got it from, or tickets from a raffle where it was given as a prize, that sort of thing.
Having said all that, if you're just keeping it I would say you can rest pretty comfortably that it's a game worn Port jumper.
Not having much information about other comps in SA, I don't know if there are too many teams who also wear the prison bars design, but even if they did lace-ups were rare for smaller clubs in the era this was made. Vic Hill being an SA company, I can't say how rare.
Things I note.
First plastic numbers. This points to the late 60s, early 70s. However, clubs were known to buy one lace-up jumper, due to the cost, and if #10 changed hands during this era, it could have been worn by multiple players right through to 1976.
It appears Port were wearing plastic numbers on their lace-up jumpers right up until this time.
(And even later, in the logo era, though we can eliminate that era due to there being no logos on this jumper)
I offer 1976 as the latest this could have been used because 1977 saw the SANFL clubs wear the 100 years SA logo, 1978 the club logos and sponsor logos.
Of these eras, I'd say early to mid 70s is the closest I would say it was used.
If you could find out who #10 was in this era (late 60s early 70s), what I'd then do it try to find photos of the player wearing a lace-up jumper.
(old newspapers at the State Library, also Port should have some information)
Specifically if you can get one close enough to show the repairs, which indicate to me that it was probably worn in multiple seasons.

Last edited:
That is a beauty.

I have no reason to say that is not what your friend says it is, a match worn Port Adelaide jumper.
I would be interested in some form of provenance if I was looking to sell it, something like a pic of a player wearing it, or even a pic of the player with the person you got it from, or tickets from a raffle where it was given as a prize, that sort of thing.
Having said all that, if you're just keeping it I would say you can rest pretty comfortably that it's a game worn Port jumper.
Not having much information about other comps in SA, I don't know if there are too many teams who also wear the prison bars design, but even if they did lace-ups were rare for smaller clubs in the era this was made. Vic Hill being an SA company, I can't say how rare.
Things I note.
First plastic numbers. This points to the late 60s, early 70s. However, clubs were known to buy one lace-up jumper, due to the cost, and if #10 changed hands during this era, it could have been worn by multiple players right through to 1976.
It appears Port were wearing plastic numbers on their lace-up jumpers right up until this time.
(And even later, in the logo era, though we can eliminate that era due to there being no logos on this jumper)
I offer 1976 as the latest this could have been used because 1977 saw the SANFL clubs wear the 100 years SA logo, 1978 the club logos and sponsor logos.
Of these eras, I'd say early to mid 70s is the closest I would say it was used.
If you could find out who #10 was in this era (late 60s early 70s), what I'd then do it try to find photos of the player wearing a lace-up jumper.
(old newspapers at the State Library, also Port should have some information)
Specifically if you can get one close enough to show the repairs, which indicate to me that it was probably worn in multiple seasons.
Mero, I have recently picked up a 1963 west perth jumper from a player. It has the plastic numbers also, do the plastic numbers start later in sanfl or VFL ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back