• Stephen Hill

Votes: 92 83.6%
  • Allen Christensen

Votes: 18 16.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rioli is a dual premiership player, All Australian and Motlop isn't. That's the Fu***n truth.
Rioli is an injury prone player which makes him a liability which means he has been carried to these premierships. Rioli also has more than double games more than and Motlop has surpassed him already. It's kind of like an one step forward and two steps back scenario for Rioli

Everything Rioli is 'good for' Motlop does better - Rioli won't get any better Motlop will.

Rioli is an injury prone player which makes him a liability which means he has been carried to these premierships. Rioli also has more than double games more than and Motlop has surpassed him already. It's kind of like an one step forward and two steps back scenario for Rioli

Everything Rioli is 'good for' Motlop does better - Rioli won't get any better Motlop will.
Saying Rioli was carried to those premierships is absolutely ridiculous. His first year was awesome, including a great GF. Rioli is a gun when he gets on the park, and at his best is better than Motlop. But he's not there often enough.

Saying Rioli was carried to those premierships is absolutely ridiculous. His first year was awesome, including a great GF. Rioli is a gun when he gets on the park, and at his best is better than Motlop. But he's not there often enough.
We have seen Rioli at his best though, not Motlop yet. Motlop is our Wingard or Collingwood's Elliott. Cyril is Hawthorn's version so who is yours?

We have seen Rioli at his best though, not Motlop yet. Motlop is our Wingard or Collingwood's Elliott. Cyril is Hawthorn's version so who is yours?
And Rioli at his best is absolutely amazing. I'm not sure what else you're talking about though?

Either way, let's get this back on topic. I'd take Stephen Hill. I'm a huge fan of Bundy, but Hill is just better.

It's a silly comparison because they're completely different. Just because Christensen's indigenous doesn't mean he's a quick, outside, silky players. He gets way more of his ball on the inside and his strength away from the contest is his marking rather than his speed and kicking. A much better comparison from Geelong would be Motlop or Duncan as outside distributors.

Obviously Hill's had more impact on games than Christensen. I've got huge hopes for what Christensen can do though because he's got the ability to be a complete midfielder with goal kicking ability as well. He's shown the ability to absolutely dominate games (177 supercoach points against Richmond last year for example) but he's never got a proper run at it with continual niggling injuries (often concussions). Even in interrupted seasons like last year and this year coming off major injury he's averaging over 20 possessions and a goal a game so he's still having a significant impact. I've always thought he's the most impressive of our youngsters and if there's one guy who'll become elite he's the one but he needs to get the continuity to get his body right and find the consistency to constantly impact games and not flash in and out.

So yes I'd take Hill. But it wouldn't surprise me if in a couple of years Christensen's talked about very, very highly and this poll would produce the opposite result. But it's a silly comparison. He's much closer in terms of player type to guys like Fyfe and Barlow (obviously he's well behind them at the moment).

Christensen is an average joe, Hill is a gun.

You can disagree without being a smartarse troll,but we shouldn't expect anything less from a Hawk fan when a Geelong player is mentioned.

Stupid comparison anyway - Hill has played nearly twice as many games as Bundy.
But as for your smartarse comments you are way off the mark - Bundys disposal,tackle & goal averages are all higher than Hills.

Very happy with Bundy :thumbsu:

You can disagree without being a smartarse troll,but we shouldn't expect anything less from a Hawk fan when a Geelong player is mentioned.

But as for your smartarse comments you are way off the mark - Bundys disposal,tackle & goal averages are all higher than Hills.

Hope you replied to everyone that said Hill was a mile in front.
Sorry if I offended precious.

Averages do tell the whole story because don't theyo_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christensen is a good AFL player, at best. Solid is probably the bracket I'd put him under. Hill is speed mixed with class, while I am happy with Rich, it turned out to be a solid decision to take Hill in the 2008 draft. I'd take Hill by a solid margin.
This guy is crazy. Christensen is a gun, way better than Hill! :p

So are the Lions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back