Game Day Round 22: West Coast vs Melbourne @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice preview, thanks. Good chance that Butler will be out for Brennan and I'm a bit surprised that NN is named - he looks like he could do with a week off. If we make the finals, then so be it, but we don't deserve it. Improvement on last year no doubt, but still a way to go.

Why are we flat track bullies? I mean why can we flog the bottom sides by more than other teams including the best teams in the comp, but we find it hard against the teams around us. Is it mental, fitness, can't deal with pressure?

Why are we flat track bullies? I mean why can we flog the bottom sides by more than other teams including the best teams in the comp, but we find it hard against the teams around us. Is it mental, fitness, can't deal with pressure?
Priddis.

I think it's because our midfield is below average. If we come up against a side that has an equal or worse midfield, our forwards and backs dominate and we get on a real run.

If our midfield improves, our forwards and backs will be able to compete on a level playing field with the better teams.

Really not worried. All my stress is sitting with the Adelaide game.
Same here. I'll probably be barracking harder for Norf than I will be for us.

Just so you all know, I am risking my first place in tipping, which I have held since round 7, to jinx the crows by tipping them.........you can all thank me on Saturdy arvo:D
All you've done there is show that your priorities are in place. Well done son!

We should win by 10 goals, really need to take our chances and get some percentage.

North and Crows make me very nervous. Think Crows have a good chance.

Would laugh if GWS beat the Pies, heaps of outs.

Well I went to the game at the G and I don't think we were very good, but won by 90 odd points.

And we're playing alright at the moment.

I'm gonna root for one or two E-Mac goals. Always a riot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we average a 93 point margin over the last 3 games with the Demons.

The game early in the year was a terrible game to watch in that last half but i do feel we have improved a fair bit since then. I hope we are bullies and pump them by 120+.

Looking at their forward line it is very tall and slow so i can see Butler,Hurn & Schoey having a field day running the ball out of there.

Did Yeo break his foot? Will he lose much speed?

Dees have brought in talls. It would be silly not to take advantage and play a running game and get the ball in forward. Seems unlike Roos, though. But would defeat the purpose of bringing talls in if he doesn't instruct the team to take the game on.

1. If Melbourne plays long, direct footy, Eagles will eventually outrun them and win by 10 goals.
2. If Melbourne plays a defensive grind, Eagles will get 2-3 goals in a row, Melbourne players will drop their heads, and Eagles will win by 10 goals.

Either way, whoever wins, we lose.

gBGKxFq.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back