Offer To Essendon Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, well, well, what do we have here?
Yet another false untrue media article via The Age.
Just another typical example of this whole damn mess, in an attempt to boost readers of their languishing rag.
Who says its untrue?

If you say Gill, you need to read carefully what he actually said (even then I doubt Essendon Supporters will get it)

spectacular misreading, since ASADA can't and don't issue infraction notices. That can only happen AFTER SC have been responded too, and it's been assessed by which Middleton has put the kybosh on
As reported, the offers appear to be linked with a conditional requirement to completely disregard the outcome of a current but outstanding Federal Court judgement. It might be that such an offer would be seen as an attempt to avoid the consequences of a Federal judicial decision and perhaps, in the legal world, as an attempt to pervert the course of justice.

One of the many possible reasons for this sudden activity and closure attempt by ASADA might well be advice they have (or even a nod or a wink) that Middleton is about to rule in favour of Essendon and Hird and throw out the SCNs.

How is being labelled a drug cheat for the rest of your life appealing to you when you believe 100% you're innocent?

Someone explain this to me.
How can you believe you are 100% innocent when nobody knows what the ruck you were given? Yourself included!

um... has anyone actually read the article? Because if you have, I'd like to know how you can take it, or Roy, seriously.

Allow me:

All that is required under the ASADA Act, for the anti-doping body to issue an infraction notice, is to establish to its satisfaction that evidence of a doping breach took place. It is presumed in the case of Essendon it is the use of the banned thymosin drug

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...month-bans-20140821-106qv2.html#ixzz3B4bG5tht

No Roy, utterly wrong. What is required under the ASADA act is for ASADA to table their evidence to the independent arbiter, the ADRVP, for them to decide to their "satisfaction" (wrong again, but he's on a roll).

Also, Roy, ASADA don't issue infraction notices. The sports governing body do. Once they've been notified by the independent ADRVP.

Seriously, how does this clown get it so wrong.

Then there's this:

NRL players were effectively offered a three-month ban, with their year-long sanction backdated to November, 2013. Ironically, the AFL and its supporters in Canberra precipitated this. The ASADA Act allows for administrative delays in bringing a case to a conclusion to mitigate a sentence. The joint AFL/ASADA investigation, promoted by senior public servants in the government of Julia Gillard, shifted ASADA's already stretched resources away from Sydney to Melbourne, meaning the Cronulla investigation was effectively placed on hold.

The AFL, by bullying ASADA into producing evidence for an interim report to punish the club, coach James Hird and other Essendon staff, drew resources away from the NRL. The co-operation of WADA is mandatory for all discounted bans and McDevitt may have a difficult task convincing the Montreal-based world body to accept the proposed Essendon ban of six months

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...month-bans-20140821-106qv2.html#ixzz3B4bncyAs

Blatant, blatant NRL barracking, nyah nyah nyah stuff. Seriously, I am not surprised he's been shown up to be speaking s**t.

I am also not surprised that so many in here so enthusiastically ate it up. There are none so blind as those that won't see...
Seemed to work beautifully on you. ;)

And if they are believe they are innocent?

Then they sue the EFC for deception, loss of income and future earnings and pain and suffering. After all it was the EFC that put them in this situation in the first place .............

As to the proposed "sanction" I personally think they would be bullshit. A back dated penalty =/= a penalty at all. They have already played the games, received a salary for playing said games etc. Will they be giving back their $$$ to the EFC (as players suspended for a doping offence cannot be paid during their suspension) ??? Are all games in which a suspended player has participated now automatically made null and void? Is the EFC again booted out of the finals ???

For players to get off with such a backdated penalty then someone else would need to be further penalized in their place. Dank, obviously. Hird, yes, how could he ever coach again if players plead guilty? The EFC. Surely further draft pick penalties and sanctions would be required. (Same for Cronulla, I can't see how they can get off without further punishment if players plead guilty).

If this continues for another 2 years through the courts, what number of players are likely to have retired by then- in which case any possible suspension would be useless.
This is pretty much their aim.

Tipped off by Vlad.
Destroy all documents and pay off Dank to disappear.
Self report, woe is me.
Get fans and football media on their side.
s**t hits the fan.
AFL ban Essendon from finals.
Essendon threaten court and try to destroy reputations.
Vlad walks as he is guilty.
Pass the buck, federal court to slow it down etc.
Fletcher plays game 499 and everyone else is already retired.
Players get banned and Spike admits he was wrong.

It's like a sinking ship. It will go down but not untill its good and ready.

As reported, the offers appear to be linked with a conditional requirement to completely disregard the outcome of a current but outstanding Federal Court judgement. It might be that such an offer would be seen as an attempt to avoid the consequences of a Federal judicial decision and perhaps, in the legal world, as an attempt to pervert the course of justice.

One of the many possible reasons for this sudden activity and closure attempt by ASADA might well be advice they have (or even a nod or a wink) that Middleton is about to rule in favour of Essendon and Hird and throw out the SCNs.
Another possibility is that Middleton is about to rule in favour of ASADA and they are giving Essendon one more chance before the axe falls. This game is easy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't actually believe the masters article (in terms of whole cloth, some small elements may be accurate) but seriously, so much lol from Bobby's post.

Decide to change a plea to guilty during a trial? Perversion of justice! Better empty the jails then Bobby. There's a fair few criminal matters that have worked out like that...

Not quite sure how far you are taking the insinuation against Middleton J but serious question - are you saying above you think a Federal Court judge has privately advised one of the parties to a proceeding before the ruling is handed down?

Reading some Google Detectives on here say WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that Essendon are drug cheats and Hird is the evil mastermind behind it all is all a bit funny, given 18 months of investigations and even target testing result in ASADA trying to wheel and deal reduced sentences, which is clearly how they operate in light of Ahmed Saad's case. Um, yeah....

Seriously though, between reading some posts on here and the news that Mad Mario is about to join Liverpool, it has certainly been an entertaining morning.

The sun is shining and it's a Friday too. Have a great weekend everyone. Cheers :thumbsu:

It has been a joke hasn't it, the amount of posters who still believe that Hird masterminded a banned substance regime and the 34 players were all willing to go along with it.

Are we getting to the stage where ASADA will offer an apology to the 34 players :D

Should ASADA ban themselves, that is the real question ?.

They are not innocent.

Dank was at Cronulla first and they have just accepted that they doped. Next stop Essendon. Unless someone had a serious epiphany then the Essendon players were administered banned substances.

I think everyone looking at this objectively would agree that it is almost certain Essendon players were administered TB4.

No one is innocent. You have to accept this.

It has been a joke hasn't it, the amount of posters who still believe that Hird masterminded a banned substance regime and the 34 players were all willing to go along with it.

Are we getting to the stage where ASADA will offer an apology to the 34 players :D

Should ASADA ban themselves, that is the real question ?.
Your continued stance against ASADA is looking more and more stupid every day.

Then they fight it and lose any entltlement to a substantial assistance discount.

If found guilty then they have no recourse to whinge about Cronulla players getting lighter sentences

Actually not necessarily. Was talking to my dad about the case and he basically said he's sick of hearing about it, doesn't care anymore, and just wants to watch the footy now (and he was one who was pretty neg efc initially)

The outrage here is still very strong, but I was actually surprised how "over it" a lot of footy supporters are
That's what the AFL-friendly media have been pushing all along- time to move on, ASADA are incompetent, let's get back to the footy.

Huge axe on Cronulla. :rolleyes:

It appears your world is crumbling :D
What the *? 12 NRL players have decided to plead guilty to the doping charges. If they were innocent of taking prohibited substances they would never admit to being a cheat.

My world is looking much brighter than yours I would think. Weren't you the one that insisted ASADA were incompetent, no scns would be issued, and everyone would get off scott free? How's that looking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back