No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there you go, i feel so much safer that the sport is clean now. I mean it was horrible watching these obviously drugged up players dominating the comp.

Im really happy we have such a well run organisation policing our sports.

for those who don't like to visit the Badlands up north, this was my thoughts:

um... has anyone actually read the article? Because if you have, I'd like to know how you can take it, or Roy, seriously.

Allow me:

All that is required under the ASADA Act, for the anti-doping body to issue an infraction notice, is to establish to its satisfaction that evidence of a doping breach took place. It is presumed in the case of Essendon it is the use of the banned thymosin drug

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...month-bans-20140821-106qv2.html#ixzz3B4bG5tht

No Roy, utterly wrong. What is required under the ASADA act is for ASADA to table their evidence to the independent arbiter, the ADRVP, for them to decide to their "satisfaction" (wrong again, but he's on a roll).

Also, Roy, ASADA don't issue infraction notices. The sports governing body do. Once they've been notified by the independent ADRVP.

Seriously, how does this clown get it so wrong.

Then there's this:

NRL players were effectively offered a three-month ban, with their year-long sanction backdated to November, 2013. Ironically, the AFL and its supporters in Canberra precipitated this. The ASADA Act allows for administrative delays in bringing a case to a conclusion to mitigate a sentence. The joint AFL/ASADA investigation, promoted by senior public servants in the government of Julia Gillard, shifted ASADA's already stretched resources away from Sydney to Melbourne, meaning the Cronulla investigation was effectively placed on hold.

The AFL, by bullying ASADA into producing evidence for an interim report to punish the club, coach James Hird and other Essendon staff, drew resources away from the NRL. The co-operation of WADA is mandatory for all discounted bans and McDevitt may have a difficult task convincing the Montreal-based world body to accept the proposed Essendon ban of six months

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...month-bans-20140821-106qv2.html#ixzz3B4bncyAs

Blatant, blatant NRL barracking, nyah nyah nyah stuff. Seriously, I am not surprised he's been shown up to be speaking s**t.

I am also not surprised that so many in here so enthusiastically ate it up. There are none so blind as those that won't see...

What is it about late August and sporting organisations/players rolling over for "expediency" - us last year with the AFL and now the Cronulla players.

What is it about late August and sporting organisations/players rolling over for "expediency" - us last year with the AFL and now the Cronulla players.

NRL/higher ups putting massive pressure on right before finals so they can focus on their marketing. The problem is people dont want to be talking about all this, im sure while the finals are on (sharks arent in them are they?) people are not going to be talking about drugs.

If these organisations are so worries why dont they just take out an injunction on the media from talking about htem? if that cant be done legally, threaten the journalists with revoking their privlidges if they insist on writing about it. Actually protect your teams instead of distancing them like some diseased limb.

GW_calling_normal.jpg
Gerard Whateley@GerardWhateley · 45m
Gill McLachlan was on phone to Ben McDevitt this morning. He says no fresh offer tabled from ASADA through AFL.

Not sure if its beleivable, but id say it makes more sense then ASADA offering a new deal in the middle of a court case. Latest article id say is just click bait.

Seems to me that Gil has to say that publicly (lying as usual) to avoid the allegation that ASADA is not complying with Middleton's request to take no further action on the SCNs pending his decision.
Doesn't mean it isn't happening behind the scenes.

Seems to me that Gil has to say that publicly (lying as usual) to avoid the allegation that ASADA is not complying with Middleton's request to take no further action on the SCNs pending his decision.
Doesn't mean it isn't happening behind the scenes.
Could just be weasel words from Gil - e.g. "the offer from ASADA has been there for weeks - that's why I said there's no fresh offer".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Dank will emerge now? Did he make any comment about defending the sharks in a similar vein to his defence of Essendon / Hird?
If the players are 'admitting' guilt, I'm not sure there's much to defend - i.e. they're not really asking for his help.

NRL players, including Gallen - accept bans - confirmed on Channel 9 @ 10:19 hours

How is this even possible?
ASADA has no power to offer anything.

According to the process (as we who have followed this all know, but seemingly most of the media don't know), ASADA just issue SCNs. An ADVRP considers whether players should be placed on a register of findings.
And then (leaving out the possible in between step of an appeal to the AAT), the sport's governing body conducts a hearing, in our case by the AFL tribunal, to establish guilt or innocence, and if guilt is established, that the tribunal applies a penalty in accordance with AFL rules, which follow the WADA code regarding penalties.

THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY IN THIS PROCESS FOR ASADA TO OFFER A PLEA BARGAIN.

If that is what is really happening, then it is a complete corruption of their own process by ASADA.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-22/sharks-players-set-to-accept-asada-deal/5688940?section=sport

Current and former Cronulla players set to accept ASADA reduced ban deal: reports
Updated 5 minutes agoFri 22 Aug 2014, 10:43am

New South Wales State of Origin captain Paul Gallen is believed to be among a group of former and current Cronulla players to have reportedly accepted an ASADA offer of a reduced ban for their part in the club's supplement scandal.

However, Fairfax media reports suggested a majority of the players, including Gallen, Nathan Gardner, Wade Graham and Anthony Tupou, have accepted the reduced-ban offer.

Reports suggest there may be as few as three players yet to accept the deal.

Interesting...

******* gutless campaigners

How is this even possible?
ASADA has no power to offer anything.

According to the process (as we who have followed this all know, but seemingly most of the media don't know), ASADA just issue SCNs. An ADVRP considers whether players should be placed on a register of findings.
And then (leaving out the possible in between step of an appeal to the AAT), the sport's governing body conducts a hearing, in our case by the AFL tribunal, to establish guilt or innocence, and if guilt is established, that the tribunal applies a penalty in accordance with AFL rules, which follow the WADA code regarding penalties.

THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY IN THIS PROCESS FOR ASADA TO OFFER A PLEA BARGAIN.
ASADA can't offer a complete plea bargain, no, but they can offer part of a plea bargain.

Presumably the players believe the NRL is on their side, and so there's no risk of the NRL imposing a bigger penalty than what ASADA have proposed and WADA have supposedly agreed not to appeal.

So the most ASADA can offer is that they will agree not to appeal a sentence of X. WADA - same story. Not sure how legally binding it is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back