Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Somebody censor this post, the world must never know.
Did it work?

bgTSQ44.jpg

Haha, I love this thread! *Shoes Off, Bows* Many may not know, but I am actually a Bulldogs member, and I have been since 2008. I was stoked to see the doggies get a player of Bonts' quality, as much as I was saddened to see us pipped for him! I was at that game where this mark was taken.

Jake Owen from Calder who you can see in that picture, ran under the ball something shocking (odd for him, because he's a terrific defender), Bonts had gone to rest in the forward line, and when this ball came in, Bonts got the ride of his life, and somewhat inadvertently got tunnelled by Owen. This picture is great because it looks like a ripping mark with total control of the ball. He just loss his balance coming to ground a fraction and double-grabbed the ball which allowed own enough time to get a spoil in.

The entire crowd did the whole :eek: face! The gasp from around the ground was incredible. I'll have to dig into the TAC Cup Radio files and find the audio for this one and pop it up here for everyone to listen to. We all went bloody nuts!

For the Catholics out there, each time TAC Cup Radio would call a knights game last year (we're very close with knights and always go to their end of year presso's) I used to say on air "May the Bont be with you" to which the other commentators would reply "and also with you!"

For the Catholics out there, each time TAC Cup Radio would call a knights game last year (we're very close with knights and always go to their end of year presso's) I used to say on air "May the Bont be with you" to which the other commentators would reply "and also with you!"
We are in the Temple of Bontempelli, after all.

Haha, I love this thread! *Shoes Off, Bows* Many may not know, but I am actually a Bulldogs member, and I have been since 2008. I was stoked to see the doggies get a player of Bonts' quality, as much as I was saddened to see us pipped for him! I was at that game where this mark was taken.

Jake Owen from Calder who you can see in that picture, ran under the ball something shocking (odd for him, because he's a terrific defender), Bonts had gone to rest in the forward line, and when this ball came in, Bonts got the ride of his life, and somewhat inadvertently got tunnelled by Owen. This picture is great because it looks like a ripping mark with total control of the ball. He just loss his balance coming to ground a fraction and double-grabbed the ball which allowed own enough time to get a spoil in.

The entire crowd did the whole :eek: face! The gasp from around the ground was incredible. I'll have to dig into the TAC Cup Radio files and find the audio for this one and pop it up here for everyone to listen to. We all went bloody nuts!

Paige has now become my fave footy media person ever
if you ever wanna have a laugh check out the Prudden Thread.

Considering the players themselves know about the Prudden thread :p
Everyone must know
At least Paige will have a great headline for either Bonti or Prudden when they get to 100 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, they're more scared of you than you are of them ;)

Essendon comms manager engaging in some funny banter on Twitter, reckons Merrett deserves the Rising Star award.

I like Merrett, but he's not fit to lick the slime off Bontempelli's bootstuds. He kinda looks like a Bulldog though, maybe we could get him in red, white and blue in 2016?

Essendon comms manager engaging in some funny banter on Twitter, reckons Merrett deserves the Rising Star award.

I like Merrett, but he's not fit to lick the slime off Bontempelli's bootstuds. He kinda looks like a Bulldog though, maybe we could get him in red, white and blue in 2016?

You should have showed him my avatar!

well if he's essendon comms manager (rough gig.....) i guess he's just doing his job, and while i like merrett he's a level below bonts.

Chris Grant VII

that is what I thought when I first saw him as a junior
think he'll be a freak with a couple of pre-seasons

I agree - when I saw him out mark in front of 6' 7" Dustin Fletcher on the goal line including a smack across his ears which he politely turned and smiled about

I thought Chris Grant ......... and dare I mention his name "Ted Whitten"

Go the Bont .... future of excitement

I stopped by the AFL Store today in search of a Mitch Honeychurch badge. Unfortunately my quest was doomed (I'll get one tomorrow at the game) because they don't stock badges for first year players selected outside the top 20. So I bought a Bontempelli badge instead.
Does The Bont know about this Temple
Seeing as he's just extended his contract, I'll make sure he's aware of it next time I see him, unless Ant_ gets to him first.

Why isn't he considered to be a Nick Riewoldt type? Could be the solution to the talls problem the Dogs have.

Why isn't he considered to be a Nick Riewoldt type? Could be the solution to the talls problem the Dogs have.
Could quite easily play some time at centre half forward in the future, but also has uncanny awareness around the contests. Could also play some ruck. A player that can play pretty much any position on the ground.

Yeah I can definitely see him becoming that type of player, especially if he grows anymore and he is only 18 still. Think he would be wasted if he didn't at least have stints in the midfield though, can do some unreal things in close.

Yeah I can definitely see him becoming that type of player, especially if he grows anymore and he is only 18 still. Think he would be wasted if he didn't at least have stints in the midfield though, can do some unreal things in close.

I prefer "The Bont" to be a CHF type ... Perhaps like Pagans Paddock ... ( Bonts Paddock ) ... ala Wayne Carey .. :) #TempleOfBont

Remove this Banner Ad

Back