• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't think Milburn flattening SOS and then clapping the crowd (I was an 11y.o in the crowd, my father told me to take my cats jumper off as I had #39 on the back), whilst Murphy was on the bench was good, absolutely ensured that Murphy left the club, although he hadn't done much for us during that year.

Actually didn't he have a reasonable result in the B&F. Although I dont think he was particularly liked. And that matched just iced the cake. Dasher was frustrated , look at it back and one can see that. And if it was a Geelong player he could of held back....inspite of all that , he is YOUR team mate , you back him up.

On the game. what do we have to do to kick 100 points? Thats the number we need to get to.

But it was either Bews or Thurlow to be dropped for Murdoch/Bartel. Once GHS was a scratching Hartman was the natural like-for-like replacement.

True.i am not complaining,would have been worse for them to bring smedts back in.

Given Hamish's advancing years, item 4 sounds like very unwelcome news for 2015 and beyond.:(

Our flag chances were always going to rest on hamish staying healthy (it is what cost us last year) this just reinforces it.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
On the game. what do we have to do to kick 100 points? Thats the number we need to get to.

Good question, and agreed.
The inclusion of both Bartel and Murdoch should help, Bartel is (a distant) 2nd behind Hawkins this season with 22 goals, Murdoch's 17 puts him around the mark with the likes of Johnson and Selwood, as far as 2014 contributions go.

A return to debut form for Kersten would be hugely welcome; our tall forwards have done well in the recent epic Geelong v Hawthorn contests, I've been disheartened by Shane-o's recent form but it's not beyond him to turn it around; I'd love to see him fire a few shots against the Hawks and put the wind up them a bit.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Watched Marngrook last night - Stokes ( i know he plays for Geelong) but jeez hes a coccky little smart aarse - and ive found out the ridiculous reason why he wears his socks down - its an Aboriginal tradition - what a load of feucken nonsense

He actually queried Paddy Ryder ( nice bloke- spoke very well) for playing with his socks up

The fact they have lost 5 games hasn't changed that assessment? They looked very ordinary last week.
Strange really, you are correct, but I still rate their best as better than ours, and probably Sydney's.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Watched Marngrook last night - Stokes ( i know he plays for Geelong) but jeez hes a coccky little smart aarse - and ive found out the ridiculous reason why he wears his socks down - its an Aboriginal tradition - what a load of feucken nonsense

He actually queried Paddy Ryder ( nice bloke- spoke very well) for playing with his socks up

I would have thought the tradition would involve no socks.

Swans at their best have the all round strength to handle any opposition I'd say. That said, finals don't always go to script.
At the G in September, GF Day, Hawthorn will find something to keep Buddy from celebrating.

They have many more avenues to goal than the Budster. The strongest and deepest midfield. And Rowan has given them extra dash from the back half.
I dislike them both.
If we are not up to it, I'm hoping Freo or Port, but the S-H GF looks likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because, as far as I'm concerned, he's done a good job in every game he's played.
Path follows the treatment Hyphen got if you think about it. Both came in, played roles and did it well only to be relegated soon after on multiple occasions.

Don't get the theory fully myself but clearly for Hyphen it has worked out as it got him to a best 22 spot eventually. I have the same hopes for Bews.

Go Catters

WagonBang

All Australian
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Don't know if its been mentioned but allow up to 60min extra travel time if you are travelling by VLine to tomorrow nights game. After the train smash tonight just west of Altona Junction the line will not be reopened to Geelong traffic in time for tomorrow.... heres some info.

Trains will operate to Werribee where passengers will be transferred to an express coach to Southern Cross.

http://www.vline.com.au/home/news/geelongservicechanges/183348675/article.aspx

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...-melbournes-west/story-fnii5sms-1227033753593

Noodleman

Debutant
Sep 22, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Smedts had 13 possessions, at only 60% or thereabouts. I think I remember seeing a stat on the broadcast, at the time Smedts had one good disposal, then a turnover. So he had 8 at the time, with four turnovers.

That's good?
Varcoe's last two yrs reminds me of Alan didaks last 2. You can dress it up all you like but he is irrelevant now.

We have picked up your anti-Varcoe sentiments……for what their worth….. which isn't really very much.

You seem to like to mention him though …obviously not so irrelevant in your eyes, or why would you bother coming over to our board and mention him??

I smell a rat.

I wonder what would happen if I went to (cough) your board and said Rioli was irrelevant……even though he is right now. :hearts:

I'd be carded quicker than a "rat" up a drainpipe….:thumbsdown: …. now wouldn't I !

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Lots of hype around Thurlow…3 possessions … a goal from a Caddy handball and, dare I say it, Varcoe drawing an opponent away from his run to goal, then a miss from running into an open goal and then a clanger. Not sure thats "earning his stripes".

He managed to kick a goal when we really needed it.

I can't say the same for others... (won't mention anyone in particular :rolleyes:)

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
What's Fitzpatrick from the Dees like in the ruck? He seems pretty mobile for a guy 200cm, but I don't think I've ever seen him in the ruck.

Watched Fitzpatrick closely last year. He looked good over a number of games in 2013.
200cm, 24yrs and mobile. Played more at CHF. Averaged 1.4 goals a game over 11 games (at a bottom club). Can ruck .

I like him. Shortish legs, big upper body . Like with Stephan Martin he fell out of favour - maybe he has issues that Roos has picked up. Maybe he has been injured ?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Lang is worth getting excited about….from what little I have seen. I wonder if he gets a surprise run against the Hawks...

I like him David , that half he played showed a smart player who knew how to use the space, the double lead to get on the end of it. In the VFL , he uses both feet and is inside and outside. Yes , I agree , a lot to like.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA

This is all you have to worry about? things must be going well in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back