Fitzroy's crappest player

Remove this Banner Ad

all our players tried their hardest however to me one player signals the demise of us.

costly, injured, "past it", didn't want to get mud on his shorts.

jeff hogg

surely nobody was worse than that.

There was worse than Hogg. Ill rattle off some

Stuart Cameron,
Brenton Klaebe
Nigle Palfreyman
David Donato
Joe Cormack
Brad Edwards
Brad Davis

Andrew Cavedon
Matthew Bourke ('91)
Chris Waterson
Mark Bunn

Bit rough naming Jeremy Guard there Shiva. I thought he was a very handy player in his first few seasons, he did taper off but he couldve been anything in my opinion.

haha, The first 3 yes, Mark Bunn was a decent player, remember in 1991 when we were bad, and we flogged Richmond at the MCG, he had a field day- Then he went ot Hawthorn and did ok there.

As far as cost goes Jeff Hogg. We sure as hell lost out there.

McCarthy - had talent but obviously didn't want to have the club waste money on cleaning expenses.

Lost our centre line to Richmond- Broderick, Gale and Dundas

Was Jeff Bruce a dud? All I can remember of him was he got penalised for deliberate out of bounds in a game against Richmond - which was a bullshit call, as he took possession half a step from the boundary line, then gave away a 50 for the ball not going back on the full. Think it cost the Roys the game too. On Talking Footy they replayed the incident with Rex Hunt's commentary over it, and Rex was going berzerk about the umpire. I think it was 1995 and he may have worn No 40.

It was that dog Knights he took a few steps back over the boundary when Bruce gave the ball back- Dog!

WTF- Craig McGrath no 35. He gave good service before he went to West Coast.

I've been waiting 11 years for someone to finally respond to my post. Finally!

The guy that played in the mid to late 80s wearing No 35 Mcgrath. I cant remember his first name.

To which, I next posted:

Craig McGrath...

WK I think you'll find that I answered Shiva's question, rather than putting him forward as a suggestion. Looking forward to your response in 2025!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practically any player we got from another club from about 94 onwards was a hack who was finished or was never any good to start with. Jeff Hogg was actually decent for the first month of season 94 but it went downhill very quickly after that.

Mark Zanotti wouldn't be regarded as a hack although his best days were probably behind him by the time he joined Fitzroy.

Recall him taking on Plugger at Whitten Oval….rather foolishly.

I think it was over whether Plugger had kicked his 12th or 13th halfway through he third quarter.

I remember Zanotti more for his flowing black hair and his time playing for Subiaco and West Coast. He could run at a good speed, seemed to be in possession of all the time in the world when he had the ball, and he also could change angle and direction at speed, which made him a great attacking half-back.

In an Inside Football interview with David Rhys-Jones, Mark Zanotti said joining the Lions, after stints with West Coast and Brisbane, was the best thing he’d ever done as he was “going to a real club with a history ... At Fitzroy, the wilder you are (were), the madder you played, the more they (supporters) liked you.”

Utter garbage. He'd kill them in the reserves, and then get a game in the seniors, and do fine, and then get dropped by shaw anyway.

Who was it he gave a bath one day, either McCarthy before we got him, or was it Carey?

here comes the Salsuti

plays lots of good footy

big with the young booty

wish I was like that

Attachments

• IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    993.2 KB · Views: 24
Stroops and Guard were semi-useful....

Another to add to the list was Tim Rendell - taller than his brother, but didn't live up to expectations. Injury depleated?

Early 80s - Grant O'Riley #6. I remember him running on out at Waverley one day at the 29 and a half minute mark of the last quarter, for his first run of the day. He got to the square, the siren sounded and he jogged off laughing - all the kids ran up to him to pat him on the back and say "great game" rather sarcastically... I also remember him missing a goal from half a metre out at Princes Park one day as well.
Tim Rendell didn’t play a senior game. He was cruelled by injury. I saw him play in the Ressies once and he had the grace of a newborn giraffe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back