Injury Scharenberg knee injury (latest (7th Apr): will be playing again in a few weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

And everyone laughed at me and said how stupid I was when I said theres no point him playing at all this year.

* it, lets play Freeman next week too! Only good things can come from it.

How can we have so many injuries ffs!

I am so over this season it's almost time to laugh at the poor luck. History shows a young player who cops injuries early will have an injury prone career. Lucky Shaz hasn't had any soft tissue injuries but I fear for Freeman, both hammies in his first season.

Forget about Stephen Dank, Bruce Reid or Davron we need Eddie to employ Oscar Goldman. He wont fix Clinton Young but he will fix our injuries, strength, speed and endurance. Problem solved.

Sorry to the under 40's.

Oscar_zps7505c269.jpg

Last edited:
And everyone laughed at me and said how stupid I was when I said theres no point him playing at all this year.

**** it, lets play Freeman next week too! Only good things can come from it.
The load might be one thing we look at. I know Buckley was extremely hard on himself and pushed himself to his limits but maybe its not working with our group.

Can't be a coincidence for three years now, injuries are bad and something is not working at the club.

We need a new sport scientist from anywhere around the world, let's get the bloody Man United guy, who we were after last year.

If he has done his ACL, that really hurts his career big time and it really hurts us especially after using pick 6 and not being able to play him for 2 years.

A bloke by the name of Robbie Gray has bounced back fairly well from an ACL injury in 2012. ACL injuries are just about unpreventable. If it is a ruptured ACL then Scharenberg has a lot of hard work to get himself better. Fingers crossed its not.

**** it, lets play Freeman next week too! Only good things can come from it.

Silly statement. You realise all 22 players that run out against GWS tomorrow are at risk of doing their ACL's as well??

Something is clearly not right down there.

You can place bad luck on it all you like but we seem to be the only team who has almost 30 players on an injury list.

Bad luck just doesn't cut it any more.

Can't be a coincidence for three years now, injuries are bad and something is not working at the club.

We need a new sport scientist from anywhere around the world, let's get the bloody Man United guy, who we were after last year.

If he has done his ACL, that really hurts his career big time and it really hurts us especially after using pick 6 and not being able to play him for 2 years.

Injuries like this is not down to the fitness staff but the same can not be said for guys like Freeman and Reid

There is a very clear trend at Collingwood over the last couple of years and action needs to be taken now. I am absolutely over the failure to do what everyone knows has to happen. A clean out at the Westpac centre is now just a non-negotiable. No more spin, no more excuses, just bite the bullet and take the medicine so that we can get on with the business of winning footy matches. Yep, I'm calling for a thorough cull of every ladder, mirror and black cat in the place. Clearly there is no place for such disruptive elements in a facility like the Westpac centre and they have been allowed to cause devastation for far too long. From now the club needs to bring in some vicious dogs to clean up the cat problem, scissor lifts must be used for all elevated work and video screens with built in cameras should replace any mirror in the entire facility. NO EXCEPTIONS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a very clear trend at Collingwood over the last couple of years and action needs to be taken now. I am absolutely over the failure to do what everyone knows has to happen. A clean out at the Westpac centre is now just a non-negotiable. No more spin, no more excuses, just bite the bullet and take the medicine so that we can get on with the business of winning footy matches. Yep, I'm calling for a thorough cull of every ladder, mirror and black cat in the place. Clearly there is no place for such disruptive elements in a facility like the Westpac centre and they have been allowed to cause devastation for far too long. From now the club needs to bring in some vicious dogs to clean up the cat problem, scissor lifts must be used for all elevated work and video screens with built in cameras should replace any mirror in the entire facility. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Absolutely ridiculous overreaction. Imagine the cost and disruption to the Westpac Centre that would occur for all this, and it wouldn't even prevent a player for example bringing an umbrella on a rainy day and innocuously opening it inside?

Absolutely ridiculous overreaction. Imagine the cost and disruption to the Westpac Centre that would occur for all this, and it wouldn't even prevent a player for example bringing an umbrella on a rainy day and innocuously opening it inside?
Oh yes, forgot that one but the incendiary device in the umbrella stand should take care of it and if not then we could post a guard at the door with a flame thrower. :thumbsu: Cheap as chips!

Well the club is doing an investigation into everything at the club, particularly focusing on the fitness staff and player management side of things which is one of the big positives out of this year for me!

I just hope they fix it. The injuries have been horrible mid 2011 onwards.

Beams thought he did his ACL last week, but the news was better. Hopefully this is the same or just really bad bone bruising

Beams thought he did his ACL last week, but the news was better. Hopefully this is the same or just really bad bone bruising

Read on EBW it was initially from a knock, came off and a junior club physio all cleared him to go back on... NO doctor for pies present at game as he was away with Collingwoods head doctor at a conference!

Amateur hour by the club.

Beams was suspected PCL - different injury

(PCL is what happened to Frost, ACL is what happened to Brown, Caff, Krak, Ball, Toovey)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back