No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the type of tripe served up if you make a deal with ARSEADA

Sack Paul Gallen as Blues captain over drug scandal - Peter Fitzsimons

"the majority of Cronulla players having acknowledged that they – and let's be clear about this – were involved in a program that resulted in the use of illegal substances"

"they stuck needles in their arms and all the rest, being injected with banned substances, in the hope that dope would do what sweat had not"

"There should be a bevy of voices saying, 'You have disgraced the game'"

Read more here, but don't click otherwise: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cronulla-sharks/sack-paul-gallen-as-blues-captain-over-drug-scandal-20140822-107bpk.html#ixzz3B6M6XAsJ

says the bloke who was the guest speaker at a cancer charity event and got himself pissed ruined the night for everyone at his table, got up made a speech, forgot what he was saying-- class act. Stones and glass houses.

Are there any credible rationalizations for the discrepancies in Saad's case as opposed to the Sharks? Does his self administration make it a different scenario? I didn't follow his case closely but it just seems to me that if there no credible reasons then the AFL should be knocking on ASADA's door tomorrow up in arms about one of their code getting a raw deal. He may become a bit of an elephant in the room.

AFLPA maybe?? --yea nah - scared pr@#ks

Are there any credible rationalizations for the discrepancies in Saad's case as opposed to the Sharks? Does his self administration make it a different scenario? I didn't follow his case closely but it just seems to me that if there no credible reasons then the AFL should be knocking on ASADA's door tomorrow up in arms about one of their code getting a raw deal. He may become a bit of an elephant in the room.

A positive sample on game day.

I'd just like to remind people swimming isn't a sport and is actually an exercise, so we can not listen to swimmers on this subject.

At least Essendon players can see what WADA will do (if anything) before they have to make a decision. I can't see them taking a deal, but at least they won't be second guessing themselves to the same degree.

"Lawyers representing the players advised them that ASADA's case was weak if they wanted to challenge the show-cause notices. But in rejecting the deal, which will see most of them banned for just three games, the players were told they would have to be prepared for a two-year legal fight which would see their names dragged through the mud and could cost them up to $300,000 in legal fees in addition to lost income if they were unsuccessful and received a ban from the NRL anti-doping tribunal.

The clincher was a one-paragraph statement declaring the World Anti-Doping Authority was "comfortable" with the backdated suspensions — although Fairfax Media has been told WADA still hasn't ruled out appealing the leniency of the bans". http://www.smh.com.20140822

Lesson to be learned here. If, after 18 months of investigation ASADA nominate to hit you with a SCN, don't be railroaded into making a rash decision within 48 hours by the lure of a sweetheart deal - in conflict with the 10 days ASADA must provide by law for you to consider your answer.

I never expected NRL players to be Rhodes scholars, but this was dumber than dumb. Congratulations for admitting you were drug cheats. You can't sue the club, because you walked away from the process that could have exonerated you. Your admission means the evidence (or lack thereof) will never have to be tested.

Good luck with the deal (as told by ASADA) going through, and any future sporting affiliations. You're going to need it.

What part of "it's a trap" did they not understand?
Its+a+trap_79c201_4071427.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to be good for ASADA in the all important PR war. Duplicitous bastards are exposed now. Ray Hadley will be going mental and blaming Gillard.

I am unsure why people think Cronulla players made the wrong choice - I don't have an strong opinion either way, but the players were offered a sweet deal.

I am 99% certain that WADA will accept the deal - Doubt the players will have WADA coming over the top.

So ASADA are the Indian givers we suspected all along they were, and it sounds like WADA could still sour the deal struck between Cronulla and ASADA - what a f****ing surprise to no one :rolleyes:

Cronulla players wouldn't have accepted ASADA deal if WADA were going to come in over the top.

That's the way the press had us believe yesterday. Only to today turn around and tell us something completely different.

I guess it's all about selling newspapers. But it would be nice if they at least occasionally allowed the truth stand in the way of a good story.

That's the way the press had us believe yesterday. Only for today to tell us something completely different.

I guess it's all about selling newspapers. But it would be nice if they at least occasionally allowed the truth stand in the way of a good story.

I'll wait for Bec Wilson to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to be good for ASADA in the all important PR war. Duplicitous bastards are exposed now. Ray Hadley will be going mental and blaming Gillard.

It was always going to be risky, taking a deal from an organisation that 'doesn't deal' who is lead by someone who doesn't understand the level of proof required. Hope we tell McDuplicitous to get ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back