AFL Club
Collingwood
Unbelievable win.
Great win despite the loss to a few of our senior players during the game
Bring on Hawthorn.
Stranger things have happened.
SIDE BY SIDE.

Unbelievable win.
Great win despite the losses to a few of our senior players.
Bring on Hawthorn.
SIDE BY SIDE.

Hawthorn and GWS are light years apart.

However, the good thing for us is that the Hawks might not be going at it full strength considering their game the following week against the Cats.

Too many outs for us though to even challenge I'm afraid.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
What can you say? Limped in with absolutely no help from Buckley. There was tons of times that the camera showed him in the coaches box and he wasnt even on the phone doing stuff. He continued to make a ton of useless moves that almost cost us the game. Taking Swan off....and McCaf....and Young....totally ridiculous moves. What was he thinking? The players started to ignore the coach and turned the game around...

Special mention to the hobbit who managed 20 possessions and 8 tackles.... you were totally hopeless mate!

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unbelievable win.
Great win despite the loss to a few of our senior players during the game
Bring on Hawthorn.
SIDE BY SIDE.

Yes, I dont care about the 'Negative Nellys' that keep squarking about the team & coaching etc, etc, Im just so very proud of that effort today given the bloody terrible circumstances of injuries we've copped over the last 8 days.
Sheer Guts
Go Pies

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
I wouldn't say unbelievable... but just relieving to eek out the win with the injuries we sustained.

Keeps the slim hope of finals alive... but more importantly, just showed the guys were able to hold it together and get a scrappy win... when we've basically given up in 3 of the last 5 weeks.

I didn't see any of the game and I'll own up and say that I was less than optimistic about it. But from what I've read, it was really good to show a but of spirit and heart against the tide. GWS are up and down, they've played some good footy and it's just pleasing to have a positive experience nearing the end of the season.

Babylove

Premiership Player
May 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
If we don't make finals, then that win is even more important. The gutsiness of that win is a great way to go to the offseason after an tough year, gives us some momentum (yes I am dismissing next week. We'll most likely get flogged unless Hawthorn do a Freo).

Good thing we have the coach signed up for another 2 years.:)

By the way, those that say we have no heart at the club;

collingwoodfc: Players were reportedly in tears at 3/4 time after learning of Macaffer's bad news #gopies

I'm sorry to break it to the haters but they don't hate Bucks. They reached inward and gave everything that game. Whether Bucks can coach or not is another question but you don't win games like that if you lose the players.

I'm sorry to break it to the haters but they don't hate Bucks. They reached inward and gave everything that game. Whether Bucks can coach or not is another question but you don't win games like that if you lose the players.

Agree 100%. I think the players are on the same page, but the question still remains - Can Bucks come up with tactics that will give us an advantage?
Can he coach with the best out there?

Agree 100%. I think the players are on the same page, but the question still remains - Can Bucks come up with tactics that will give us an advantage?
Can he coach with the best out there?
Yep I agree with that. I haven't lost faith like others but ultimately he has to prove it.

Sadly we have not shown that at times this year.

Was Missing Last Couple of weeks. Where was it vs the Suns and the Doggies and add the Crows.

Want to see what I saw tonight more often

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Massive effort, but seriously it's about 6 weeks too late.
What i did love was the younger guys had nowhere to hide today and really stood up, they need to keep realising they are as important as any of the senior blokes.
What i hated, we still looked awful for most parts except when they threw caution to the wind in the last and went for it, that is the best we have moved the footy for 6 weeks, very worrying that it takes that to look like a half decent team.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am surprised nobody noticed the real difference today.
Nobody saw what changed in Buckleys strategy.
All you guys think you know so much but none of you see the small details
Well I am a careful observer and I did notice the small but important difference in how Buckley approached the game today
Watch the replay guys and you will see it too

Buckley wasn't munching on snakes or dried bananas or whatever it is he seems to be constantly shoving down his throat during games
Instead of being focused on snacks he was giving 100 percent of his concentration on the game.

You see it wasn't injuries or bad umpiring or poor skills and decision making that has cost us games all year
It turns out that it was those damn snakes that he gets obsessed with which causes him to lose focus on the game.

Quite understandable really. Anyone who enjoys a snake knows that trying to decide on the red one or the green one can require a lot of thought, hence leaving you with little time to consider other things.

wednesdaywarrior

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
St. Pat's, Parkside Tackers
If you'd told me at the start of the year that the most inspiring victory we would have this season would be a come for behind win against a depleted GWS I would have thought you were having a laugh but that was magnificent and just what the Club needed at a time when it is literally on its knees. Great win by the boys, one to be proud of. Hope it becomes the tiny little grain of a recovery that develops into something special in the next couple of years.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Buckley wasn't munching on snakes or dried bananas or whatever it is he seems to be constantly shoving down his throat during games
Instead of being focused on snacks he was giving 100 percent of his concentration on the game.

Buckley has had a habit of eating small lollies made of figjam. It's something that he has done for years. He used to keep the fignam treats in his shorts on gameday. Now he goes through a whole packet of them. He says that the figjam is something that he got from his father. He used to offer them to the other players when he was playing but none of them liked them.

Back