Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

Having been sitting at the G and not being in front of a Telly I am still trying to work out how they ****** that goal review up? That was truly bewildering.

Bartel is half the player he used to be and he knows it, so he resorts to staging like that.

My Geelong supporting workmate who I went to the game with was asking lots of questions of Scott in the last and if Rivers was indeed a potato in human form.

Good second half after looking like we were really struggling to lift for the moment in the first.

Maybe the Freo trip was still weighing on our legs, but we took it up a notch before it was all too late and then took the game away from them.

Nice win.

Part of the issue is the bloke who does the review was born in 1953BC

Hale and Ceglar in the second half as a ruck combination were great. Their marking inparticular was impressive and they combined for four goals and that was without a doubt the best game by Hale this year. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great win you blokes especially after crossing the nullabor on a 6 day break, magnificent comeback from, what was it 30 points.

Anyway brilliant to beat the ump assisted cats, I don't know how they get away with it, it isn't a random observation either.

* the umps that was an epic fightback and I applaud your tenacity. it's so good to see a team of men win over a team of ducking stagers. Let's hope we meet in the GF again, looking forward to it :thumbsu:

Geez I really wish I had courage to watch this game.. I just couldn't take another loss to this mob, lucky I recorded it!
Any injuries or reports to come out and how did Sewell and Ceglar go today?

Suckling subbed out in the second quarter, Sewell and Ceglar pretty awesome.

Hope the boys aren't celebrating that win too much. Game is over. All focus must be on that QF. Nothing else. We won. Good. Now let's move on.

I thought before the game that the result of this match was meaningless. We're almost certain to play again in Wk 1 of the finals, and one or both teams would be keeping their powder dry, hiding tactics, keeping fresh etc. Still great to win though.

I still reckon to take "form" into a final against any team is pretty potent.

But at the end of the day, the past is just that and you are attempting to add some more positives to what you have already achieved.

Go HAWKS.

Be relentless unto victory.

Part of the issue is the bloke who does the review was born in 1953BC
That and the fact he has to wake up for each review.

Fair dinkum you can hear say, 'What, the which, ahhh!!! review under way'.

Puts his teeth back in, glasses on, makes something up and goes back to sleep.

Bartel...a weak weak effort. Please retire and save face.
How good was Motlop and his finger twirling? Oh wait. How good was Hawkins and his goal after the siren? Oh wait. How good was Enright? Should be All Australian again. Oh wait.

No injuries was the plus against these also rans. Our real threat for the flag is Sydney. Geelong are nowhere near it.
The media gave Thomas from north a belting for his dive. It should be no different for Bartell.

And what's with goal review. 70,000 at the G thought it was a goal. Cheats.

Last edited:
Stratton and Lake showed some signs of coming in to form, Langford just wrote his name on the team sheet in permanent marker, and the boys showed a bit of ticker to come back. Playing our way into form. It was like they decided no more rope a dope at half time, and flicked the switch beautifully.

As an aside, the comparisons between Motlop and Rioli are disgusting. Motlop is a downhill skier of the highest order. Game on the line? Think Motlop was up getting a pie.

great win you blokes especially after crossing the nullabor on a 6 day break, magnificent comeback from, what was it 30 points.

Anyway brilliant to beat the ump assisted cats, I don't know how they get away with it, it isn't a random observation either.

**** the umps that was an epic fightback and I applaud your tenacity. it's so good to see a team of men win over a team of ducking stagers. Let's hope we meet in the GF again, looking forward to it :thumbsu:
The umpire cheating towards Geelong has happened for 7 years and is a blight on the game ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back