Remove this Banner Ad

brett99

Draftee
Aug 23, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi everbody,

I am not just new to Australian football but to Australia as well, migrating in a couple of months. One common thing I have read everywhere is that life is not complete in Australia unless you know the Australian football rules and have a favourite team.

So here I am, with open arms, please fill me up with your suggestions on where to start and how to become a true Aussie Football fan.

Thanks in anticipation

Brett

Hi, thanks for the advice :), can you please also suggest the best place on net to understand the rules

It might depend where you move to (if you know yet).
If Melbourne, I strongly suggest you adopt an iconic image of your new nation, the kangaroo, and join the joys and frustrations of being a North supporter. *Not biased*

If Sydney or Queensland, take a new team to go with a new location. GWS or Gold Coast.

Hi,

You should move to Geelong and go for cats....I wish I could live there

Go for Carlton. 22 flags and only 3 wooden spoons!

Yeah, new teams are probably better, they can use all the support they can get.

Go for one of the new teams like The Suns or GWS

I completely agree with this response. That's what I did two years ago and being a Suns fan has been great fun. Also, watch the first video below - it helped get me hooked on the game. The second video explains the rules. Enjoy, the best sport on the planet. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back