Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 2 or 3 percent at number 17?

3% of 500 is 15.
He is 17th best and there aren't 500 to 600 midfielders.
22*18= 396 players in total.
There are 40 players on a list that's what I went off. Not to mention the fact that he is ranked high in those numerous fields which makes it significantly better.

He was never $200 to 1 three weeks ago. Anywhere.

Gray is a an absolute star - all class, gets his own ball in traffic with close attention, as creative as anyone in the game with his hands, and as a forward/midfielder is the best in the game (Ablett/Fyfe etc are superstar midfielders who kick goals). Anyone who thinks otherwise really doesn't know the game, nor watch him play. The poster who said he'd be the worst winner since Woewodin has no idea. Would absolutely be a worthy winner.

3 weeks ago? ltr.

3 weeks in a row, not 3 weeks ago.

76YQw.gif

ELITE

Gray would easily be your best player. Jealousy is a curse.

I was going to post something similar to this, but saying that Robbie would be Melbourne's best player seemed like a disrespectful understatement. He's well beyond the point of being compared to any Melbourne player.

His continued form during Ports poor period is what has suddenly elevated him into award contention. Showed signs in early 2012 that he was ready to burst into a mid clearance magician who can hit the scoreboard, before that sickening knee extension and knee reco.

2013 arrived, he only came in after a few games and did an OK job coming back from injury, all the while watching his great mate Boak and others have huge breakout seasons up in the midfield.

2014 arrives. He has taken the next step. Combined a full preseason with fitness and belief.

Deserves all he gets. From a meat packer out of high school to AFL gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that prior to his knee reco he reminded me of Ablett. He's an absolute gun player.

I wonder how many brownlow votes he will receive.
I remember reading an article in the paper in the 2012 preseason where they interviewed the late John McCarthy. In it he said something along the lines of Robbie having a skill level he'd only seen from Ablett.

Naturally, when I read that I scoffed. Now I'm thinking he wasn't too far off.

Ablett
Pendlebury
Rockliff
Kennedy
Gray
Selwood
Dangerfield
Liberatore
Watson
Beams

Three of those players are late picks. Rockliff was overlooked in the draft and selected in the PSD. Gray was #55. Beams was #29. Pendlebury, Selwood and Dangerfield were 1st round picks and Ablett, Kennedy, and Watson would have been but for the F/S rule which saw them each taken at #40. Liberatore was also F/S but he was taken in the 2010 draft after the bidding rules had commenced.

Last edited:
watched the game friday night- wow!
kid can definitely play- clean hands- great vision- excellent awareness and skill- added to taht is he seems to relish the big moments-
like a cross between pendlebury and ablett for mine.

I reckon he will come second to nat fyfe in the brownlow

If this scrub gets a brownlow the system is well and truly farked

Congratulations on proving you know two-fifths of * all about football (perhaps you play for Melbourne, on that basis).

Bloke is an out and out gun, and would be your best player by the length of the Flemington straight.

Congratulations on proving you know two-fifths of **** all about football (perhaps you play for Melbourne, on that basis).

Bloke is an out and out gun, and would be your best player by the length of the Flemington straight.
Nathan Jones and Bernie Vince are just two names that come to mind in giving this pleb a doing over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back