RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't a big crowd out at wallan today think you really have to question is it worth having a top six
The game was flat
It's a stupid system when 5 th can be playing the next week for a spot in the big one if games fall the right way
Thought the wind was a major factor in the poor footy

the only game that was flat was your under 18s buddy

Wasn't a big crowd out at wallan today think you really have to question is it worth having a top six
The game was flat
It's a stupid system when 5 th can be playing the next week for a spot in the big one if games fall the right way
Thought the wind was a major factor in the poor footy

It's ok there is no wind, the standard is better .... oh and it's a top 6 in the KDFL. Surely hard, head over the footy not a backward step taken can't be deemed poor footy?

Your a idiot mate saying romsey lack key forwards. . I'm on the romsey train all the way now. They should of won by. 50 points today
Who is the Romsey power forward then?.. Davidson/Lobb are mediums, Way is tall but by no means a strong contested grab or a dominant player. Tuckey has the ability to take pack marks and turn a game, Nolan and Cariss are big and strong and can turn a game, Wilson can do it at Diggers, Rupo have Jordan. Im not saying they don't have good forwards, or aren't a good team. They just don't have a big power forward. It's a fact, not an opinion.

You should read through again, I didn't accuse anyone you fool. I asked in my first post what happened because i wasn't there but i heard it was a bad trip. I was at the Riddell/Rockbank game so was trying to find out the goss.

Got very defensive and aggressive about it though? So probably was a bad trip.. :) Go RIDDELL!

Great response doona
Was actually speaking to a lot of people who had the same response re the games and the atmosphere so perhaps there all wrong never doubted any players courage on the day re head over the ball etc
just a observation nothing more not having a crack at anyone as you may be reading into

Ya have to bring the kdfl up all the time get over it champ as nothing is decided ,
And as you well know has nothing to do with me
but a lot of people be happy to see your view again ? Not

The games where scrappy and that had to do with the wind ask the players and coaches
Fair dinkum ya can't help yourself don't get it why you need to comment the way you have
Let down its finals let's talk about them for a change

Ha ha got him yes!!!! Still filthy at what took place in 2008 and a lot since then and I think I have every right. You use the "not" I know my view and presence is not wanted and now reading this it appears you are speaking for more than yourself.

So all I ask is that don't go getting sucked into the pack mentality mate and say "I am happy to see your view again ... Not" as the lot of people you refer to must be pretty weak if they can't say it to my face.

As I said to Whitey yesty mate I wish the club every success what ever the current people decide to pursue at the big vote Tuesday week. Just glad he told me as I haven't read or seen any mention of it yet

Last edited:
Until we get a 6th side who can compete with the big 5, not much neutral supporters will go & watch the 3rd Vs 6th game.
Even more reason to go back to a top-five. The best finals system of all time, as it rewards the minior premier, while not rewarding mediocrity and giving away an extra finals spot for the sake of it.

Even more reason to go back to a top-five. The best finals system of all time, as it rewards the minior premier, while not rewarding mediocrity and giving away an extra finals spot for the sake of it.
1v2 in a 2nd Semi with first week off

3v6 and 4v5 in knockouts which advance to 1st semi

Other comps use this, but I guess those comps arent as $$$ driven so the one less final week one don't matter

Maybe were just hungover or frustrated simply as our clubs weren't good enough to be involved ;-)

Pretty ordinary game over at Wallan with quite a poor crowd there as well. Standard of footy would want to improve if these two teams are to progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all, so now i guess its ok to name players on here, who apparently may have done something, IMS is that right.
Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not on here 24/7 guys.

but this is right, if you take issue with an incident from a game, then follow procedure and contact your club to put in an incident report.

Pretty ordinary game over at Wallan with quite a poor crowd there as well. Standard of footy would want to improve if these two teams are to progress.

What a great debut post Carsalesman I look forward to your continued input or will you be another fly by nighter?

Would you say it is good for the top side to have a bye first week then win then a bye then play in the grand final. Some people may see it differently.

Would you say it is good for the top side to have a bye first week then win then a bye then play in the grand final. Some people may see it differently.
The byes are bad enough.. if you love your football and netball, you would want to be playing every week where you can.. especially during finals.. the atmosphere is amazing.. if for the sake you win the second semi to have a week off to play in the big one.. I'd imagine that most, if not all players would still be down there enjoying it, envious of those having a run in the preliminary final..

Top five is a proven system and the side that wins the major semi-final goes on to win the grand final most of the time. I don't think having those weeks off hurts you in finals in a tough competition. If you're going to have a top-six, at least make those top-two sides play off for a grand final spot in the second week, as Doona suggested.

The current RDFL system is flawed and nothing more than a revenue raiser. How is Riddell, which beat sixth-placed Rockbank, now in the same position as Romsey, which finished first and defeated second-placed Rupertswood? It's a joke. Splitting attendances on Saturday also meant that clubs which put in the work to host the finals were not rewarded.

At the very least, if you are going to play three finals in week one, be smart about it. My suggestion would be:
Saturday arvo: EF1 at Boardman Oval
Saturday night: QF at Clarke Oval under lights
Sunday: EF2 at Wallan/Kilmore etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back