List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughy is a more recent B&F winner and his 2012 and 2013 seasons were excellent compared to Vince who was extremely inconsistent and had a questionable work-rate

Thats nice and all but clubs look for attributes when trading in. Someone like Roos looks at Vince and says yep he's got a great kick I can work with him. Who is going to give you a pick in the 20s for Dougy and why?

Thats nice and all but clubs look for attributes when trading in. Someone like Roos looks at Vince and says yep he's got a great kick I can work with him. Who is going to give you a pick in the 20s for Dougy and why?

You honestly think Doughy being a B&F winner and finishing in the top 3 all in the last 4 seasons has no attributes and is only worth a pick in the 30's

Attributes

Let's start with last year Douglas ranked 3rd in the AFL for inside 50's, 8th in the AFL for goal assists and 2nd at the club last year for total disposals which shows that he is a great link player between the arcs

Unfortunately 2014 has been impacted by that early season horrific injury

Rubbish we got a pick in the 20s for Vince and he is a silky kick

Vince is a flake - and have you seen how terrible his disposal has been the last ten weeks?

Attributes

Let's start with last year Douglas ranked 3rd in the AFL for inside 50's, 8th in the AFL for goal assists and 2nd at the club last year for total disposals which shows that he is a great link player between the arcs

Unfortunately 2014 has been impacted by that early season horrific injury

Those aren't attributes, they're stats. From last year. You didn't answer the question. Who will give us a pick in the 20s for him and why? He has been shite lately. Do you give up a pick in the 20s for 2-3 years of shite?

Also, his I50s are rat s**t

Vince is a flake - and have you seen how terrible his disposal has been the last ten weeks?

Lucky we didn't try to trade him in the last ten weeks then, isn't it.

If we traded Dougie last year, yeah sure pick in the 20s every day of the week. Selling when stocks are high. Gunning it up and still a few years in him.

Trying to trade him this year is a vastly different proposition. Selling low. 28 in Feb. 2 years of puss on the table.

You'd rather keep your pick and take a punt on a kid in the 20s like Matt Crouch who might give you 10 years of non-puss.

Every cent.

His knee has been fcuked since he passed off that easy shot at goal early in the year. Get him right NOW for next season.

With the way he plays, he's not going to get less beaten up as his career goes on.

And your argument fairly obviously ignores the big issue, which is not about next season but that signing him means big money for another 5 or 6 seasons after that.

Those aren't attributes, they're stats. From last year. You didn't answer the question. Who will give us a pick in the 20s for him and why? He has been shite lately. Do you give up a pick in the 20s for 2-3 years of shite?

Also, his I50s are rat s**t

They are stats that clearly states his value and his movement and form this year has been impacted by his early season injury

Vince's 2-3,years before being traded was well below par whereas Douglas has a club B&F and top 3 placing in past 4 years

Anyone suggesting that Douglas would only fetch a pick in the 30's is simply quite ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the way he plays, he's not going to get less beaten up as his career goes on.

And your argument fairly obviously ignores the big issue, which is not about next season but that signing him means big money for another 5 or 6 seasons after that.

I think yesterday was a start of him playing a bit smarter and sharing around the heavy lifting.

I'm not ignoring it. Everyone bangs on about high risk, high reward. On this one clean out the sand and grow some.

Lucky we didn't try to trade him in the last ten weeks then, isn't it.

If we traded Dougie last year, yeah sure pick in the 20s every day of the week. Selling when stocks are high. Gunning it up and still a few years in him.

Trying to trade him this year is a vastly different proposition. Selling low. 28 in Feb. 2 years of puss on the table.

You'd rather keep your pick and take a punt on a kid in the 20s like Matt Crouch who might give you 10 years of non-puss.

If you look at player ratings Douglas is currently placed 33rd. Melbourne's highest ranked player is Nathan Jones ranked at 113. The reason a club like Melbourne would give up a decent pick for him because he provides the attributes that determine how a player is judged. GWS would also consider him because he provides experience and would be behind only Callen Ward in the clubs player ratings.

Bernie Vince is ranked 171 for the record.

Write off finals, we aren't ready. I would love to see this field line up this week.

Ins: Siggins Kelly Atkins Knights Grigg Battersby Crouch
Outs: Laird Thompson Henderson Wright Rutten Martin Lyons

B: Brown Siggins Kelly
HB: Atkins Talia Jaensch
C: Smith Sloane Knight
HF: Grigg Jenkins Cameron
F: Betts Walker Battersby
R: Jacobs Crouch Crouch
Int: Dangerfield Podsiadly Thompson
Sub: Douglas

I'd be shopping everyone on our list and establish a value. Blokes like Mackay and Wright attract a value we feel they're worth then we tell them they're no longer required members of the AFC. None of this 'we asked if they wanted to be traded but they said no.' If a bloke is shopped and his value is met then he either goes or plays out in the SANFL.

I'd be interested to see what value Dangerfield, Wright, Mackay, Douglas and Henderson could attract. Obviously Danger we'd only ship out for an exceptional trade but the others I would most certainly entertain for draft picks.

I'd be trying to sure up our defence as a priority and then attract/draft classy disposers for our midfield with above average pace as a minimum.

I'd be shopping everyone on our list and establish a value. Blokes like Mackay and Wright attract a value we feel they're worth then we tell them they're no longer required members of the AFC. None of this 'we asked if they wanted to be traded but they said no.' If a bloke is shopped and his value is met then he either goes or plays out in the SANFL.

I'd be interested to see what value Dangerfield, Wright, Mackay, Douglas and Henderson could attract. Obviously Danger we'd only ship out for an exceptional trade but the others I would most certainly entertain for draft picks.

I'd be trying to sure up our defence as a priority and then attract/draft classy disposers for our midfield with above average pace as a minimum.

The difficulty with shopping everyone is that it would destroy the culture of the club. I think the on-field issues are our coaching and our defense so don't see what shopping Danger et al. could achieve.

The difficulty with shopping everyone is that it would destroy the culture of the club. I think the on-field issues are our coaching and our defense so don't see what shopping Danger et al. could achieve.

To be honest, destroying the current culture we've created is exactly what I'm about.

We need to rebuild this club from the ground up and I'd suggest certain guys (Mackay, Douglas and co) have become so ingrained in our failings that they're almost lost causes.

Get back of house right, clean out the deadwood, lure one or two blokes in FA and change our approach completely. We need some mongrel and some fight in this club. It's distinctly lacking.

If we can't get goldsack, how about matt spangher? Plays bit taller then then the sack but could fill the same role. With Otten out for the year we could entice him with the possibility of a best 22 spot and surely the hawks wouldn't demand to much in a trade for him.

To be honest, destroying the current culture we've created is exactly what I'm about.

As far as cultures go ours is meant to be pretty good, and Sando is probably lucky, because if it wasn't we'd be a lot worse than 9th. To some degree I think the culture has covered some cracks in his coaching.

We need to rebuild this club from the ground up and I'd suggest certain guys (Mackay, Douglas and co) have become so ingrained in our failings that they're almost lost causes.

Get back of house right, clean out the deadwood, lure one or two blokes in FA and change our approach completely. We need some mongrel and some fight in this club. It's distinctly lacking.

I think each player needs to be assessed on their own merits, I agree we need to sweep some players out but I don't think we need a clean sweep. The issue with Mackay is that he's a downhill skiier, but being a designated outside player, should he not be? it's almost designed that way. He's never going to go and win his own ball.

If we can't get goldsack, how about matt spangher? Plays bit taller then then the sack but could fill the same role. With Otten out for the year we could entice him with the possibility of a best 22 spot and surely the hawks wouldn't demand to much in a trade for him.

He just signed a contract extension he was lucky to be offered. I don't think he would leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back