No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought Lake had the better of him

except for when he lost him about 4 times and let him get round him.

each to their own you can love hawthorn if you want

just hawks board you read how good they are and how we aren't as good despite the ladder etc, now I get to read it here.

except for when he lost him about 4 times and let him get round him.

each to their own you can love hawthorn if you want

just hawks board you read how good they are and how we aren't as good despite the ladder etc, now I get to read it here.
Far from love them but I respect them and how good of a team they are and they will take some beating come finals. Hawkins did sweet stuff all

I hope Horse was watching the 3rd quarter im not exactly sure what they do but i saw Gibson, Roughead in the center a few times and its either the opposition drop off they get tons of repeated entries and seem to score at will they kick 6-7 in a row (10 tonight) and thats it game over.

Maybe im over obsessing lol

Last edited:
No matter which way you look at it, it's shaping up as a classic finals series, the top 3 teams have won 7 out of the last 9 flags between them.

Meh. All we have to fear is fear itself.

And similarly hackneyed cliches about the invincibility of a team we have actually beaten once already this year.

I hope Horse was watching the 3rd quarter im not exactly sure what they do but i saw Gibson, Roughead in the center a few times and its either the opposition drop off they get tons of repeated entries and seem to score at will they kick 6-7 in a row (10 tonight) and thats it game over.

When hawthorn are in trouble they do swing some changes to bring Burgoyne and roughhead into the middle and stop using finesse and introduce big bodies to clear paths. Clarkson is a much more innovative coach than any of the other top coaches, including horse.

It's amazing that you could be battering Hawthorn all game to half time and you look at the scoreboard and there is nothing in it - a few goals at most. They are really awesome going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cats were flat on their feet in the third and allowed the hawks to domnate possetion. Teams do drop off.

And similarly hackneyed cliches about the invincibility of a team we have actually beaten once already this year.

I dont buy any of the hyperbole about the hawks. The cats just stopped.

I dont fear the hawks, what i fear is us stopping like the cats.

I also fear how umpires seem to be a catalyst for bringing the hawks back into the game, its happened far to often.

not with lake back

Lake is over rated. Hawkins made him look second rate plenty of times last night. Not only that Lake is the type of grub that goes dog act when things are not going his way. He tried it on hawkins again..lucky for hawkins the hawks came back.

Hawthorn turn to junk yard dogs when things are not going there way. Hodge snipes, Roughhead slams heads and lake goes for the choke hold. I guess when you are taught by a little grub of a man it rubs off.

Far from love them but I respect them and how good of a team they are and they will take some beating come finals. Hawkins did sweet stuff all

3.1 with his back is pretty bloody good

I think you are too easily impressed with the hawks and too ready to focus on negatives of your own side mate thats all

I know that reads as having a go i swear i dont mean it that way, i get it, they are a great side, you just want us to win.

Just dont forget we have some bloody great players too :)

We are going off track, we are here to talk about footy, not whether other posters are too negative or positive. Thank you.

Are you suggesting we play them one day at a time?

I endorse this cliche if that is the case and would hasten to add if the good Lord is willing thing will turn out ok.

So who would everyone prefer to play in the first final. Fremantle or Port Adelaide?

I would personally prefer to play Port as I think our chances of beating them are slightly higher than our chances against Fremantle.

I would actually prefer to play Geelong over Fremantle or Port Adelaide but realistically that is not going to happen.
Only way to finish 2nd is losing and Hawks win by 100+ or they win by 30 and we lose by like 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back