August Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever flog!
You having a s**t day on the punt?

Check out that sabatini bet in the Quaddie......I supposed I changed that after the hop too

Im about even, as you will see, from my tips above.

Hard not to be in front after the event isn't it?

Oh so you bet on Sabatini did you? I mean i also back everything i put in a quaddie as well. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm out, i leave you to pat yourself on the back cause no one else will. :thumbsu:

Im about even, as you will see, from my tips above.

Hard not to be in front after the event isn't it?

Oh so you bet on Sabatini did you? I mean i also back everything i put in a quaddie as well. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm out, i leave you to pat yourself on the back cause no one else will. :thumbsu:
No wonder this thread has become a baron wasteland .....what a douche you are!

So anyone get on a huge streak of 2nds and 3rds like myself?
Caulfield I backed MOC/Club Commands, Royal Snitzel, Stingray, Spillway.
Rosehill I backed Greatwood and Maroon Bay.
Of course I gave up after that, because I'd spent more then I should have, and didn't have any left for Gregers and Black Revolver. Poor staking on my behalf, only self to blame...

So anyone get on a huge streak of 2nds and 3rds like myself?
Caulfield I backed MOC/Club Commands, Royal Snitzel, Stingray, Spillway.
Rosehill I backed Greatwood and Maroon Bay.
Of course I gave up after that, because I'd spent more then I should have, and didn't have any left for Gregers and Black Revolver. Poor staking on my behalf, only self to blame...

i hear you, ended the day up but could have been so much more. With you on a lot of those ones.
Are There Any, probably my biggest tragedy of the day, thought Spillway was going to bolt it in once it got out, Royal Snitzel travelled so great and destroyed everything else on speed, clearly the horse to follow from the Caulfield meeting for mine.

Sydney, not so good, had Enitely Platinum but didn't go as hard as some of my Melbourne bets. Had a little win in the last with Black Revolver as my saver bet but Hunter Jack was my larger wager in that race. Biggest bet in Sydney for me was Instrumentalist, which was disappointing. Had Scarletini in the first at nice odds that just missed, had Washington Heights who loomed as if was going to win but condition gave out over the last 100m.

Hate posting after the fact, but i just backed Lebron on the trots (which i do every time i see it) just for the name and it saluted at $11, but not after the obvious, James, but because of the horse in the early 2000's that ran in Sydney and Brisbane. Front running beauty, a poor mans Might and Power. His trotting name sake does exactly the same and thats why I'm always throwing a few bucks on him despite not studying the form for just about any of his races.

Anyway, my question, has anyone ever cleaned up nicely just by throwing a few bucks on a sentimental/for the name bet?

My ex in 2007 in the Emirate Stakes backed three horses: Tears i Cry, Bird Dancer and Shinzig because she liked the names, they ran 1,2,3 at prices of 100-1, 90-1 and 80-1. And no, she didn't have a penny on the trifecta. Pretty sure we would still be together if she did. :D

Last edited:
Our Sky Major, wish it had drawn the back row at Ballarat and Bling it On the front. Why? Because it wins anyway and you get double the odds, $1.65 (Thursday) into $1.35 on TAB, still think has some value about it but its just watch and enjoy for me.

Sportsbet have back the field to beat OSM at $2.50, lol, what a market %

Last edited:
Our Sky Major, wish it had drawn the back row at Ballarat and Bling it On the front. Why? Because it wins anyway and you get double the odds, $1.65 (Thursday) into $1.35 on TAB, still think has some value about it but its just watch and enjoy for me.

Sportsbet have back the field to beat OSM at $2.50, lol, what a market %

And it wins, just, still an outstanding win, need to be a serious horse to run down Bling It On that quickly when getting out late. The driver gave up the lead to Bling it On with no sprint lane because it was a semi final, no way he hands up in the final without a sprint lane. If Butcher holds the lead it wins by plenty, which he would have in a final.

Not much action here anymore, I remember when i could get a full Saturdays tips here and then be able to blame everyone for their shite tips!...lol...so, everyone gone off in a huff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with early thoughts on the Cox Plate?

Seems to be a lack of depth in the quality WFA performers at this time which would leave it open for a decent three year old (or a cat like Shamus Award).

Very open in betting at this stage but the next few weeks should change the market dramatically. Bit of a buzz around Commanding Jewel from all reports but $31 for a horse that hasnt raced in a year and is injury prone seems rediculous.

If Mukhadram comes I'll be on it. Of the locals Criterion the best of them and the only one i could back at this stage unless a 3yo pops up

Dan Excel is probably overs as well. Big chance an International will take it this year given the noms

If Mukhadram comes I'll be on it. Of the locals Criterion the best of them and the only one i could back at this stage unless a 3yo pops up

Dan Excel is probably overs as well. Big chance an International will take it this year given the noms

Will be interested to see how many internationals end up starting in it. This one appears ripe for the picking for the right horse

Smells like Spring!!!! Woohooo

Caulfield

Race 5 Richie's Vibe got $7.50 yesterday wish i got the $10 they opened with that was crazy odds, into $6 this morning

Race 6 Chivalry, 2 YO prep was sound but looked like a type that would preogress more as a 3 year old, all class and think it takes it up another gear this prep big spring player! $7

Race 7 Commanding Jewel $7 can't believe the odds! Gregers is well under its quote at the moment, soft kill first up got to dicate everything out in front, stack of pace in the race today with thiamndi, hazard and Gais runner, Oliver to keep the Jewel of the speed and go bang down the middle of the track, trialed enormously!

Race 8 The Memsie, forgiving Puisance De Lune, first up 1400m no speed on out the back, always thought the get back run on types have a tough battle first up and need the run to get back into gear, still hit the line just missed that turn of foot we saw last year, genuine pace on in the race today and $11 on offer is too hard to pass on! Can't wait to see some improvement today.

Race 9 Marksmanship @ $10 ex Williams horse who has grown a leg with Ciaoron Mahers stable going for 4 wins on the trot

Staying clear of Rosehill

Morphetville

Race 3 #3 Submarine

Race 5 #2 Grumpy Guru

Race 6 #11 Maglissa

Race 8 #9 War is Over

Our Boy Nicholas at Doomben has been backed heavily in the next, bad money IMO, barrier 1, will get back.

Like Itchintowin at the $10's….well and truly overs with me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back