SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny stuff is over, now for the real games begin. Talking points being who will play in the Imps v Red Cliffs game, both teams have full compliment of players (No Jackson, Kirby Red Cliffs/No J Cameron Imps), and who will win... Can Mildura reverse the result against Irymple, and will Eaton play? Who are the leaders for the McLeod....and anything else that should be discussed at this time of year...

Hear that irymple have their joint coaches of the U/16 unavailable to coach the kids as both will be playing senior in the 1st semi finals in the afternoon. Not sure how this has happened but not very well organised by the senior and junior leagues. Would also suggest that it will effect crowds at the junior finals. Pretty average.

Yeah the 4 week finals series as it was for the 5 years before last would fix that.....pretty disappointing result for the coach not to be able to attend the grand final!!!!!!!

Not sure why they changed it.... Giving all sides a week off by playing a 4 week final series ment all clubs were able to have there best players fresh for massive finals games!!

Hear that irymple have their joint coaches of the U/16 unavailable to coach the kids as both will be playing senior in the 1st semi finals in the afternoon. Not sure how this has happened but not very well organised by the senior and junior leagues. Would also suggest that it will effect crowds at the junior finals. Pretty average.

A solution would be to move the U16s to the early game, 10am I think. That would allow Irymple to have their coaches and their spectators to then go to the SFL finals. Wenty would also benefit by not having to stretch their resources across the u 16s and Reserves plus they would get the supporters and helpers.

The funny stuff is over, now for the real games begin. Talking points being who will play in the Imps v Red Cliffs game, both teams have full compliment of players (No Jackson, Kirby Red Cliffs/No J Cameron Imps), and who will win... Can Mildura reverse the result against Irymple, and will Eaton play? Who are the leaders for the McLeod....and anything else that should be discussed at this time of year...

Well Schnail, I am thinking the McLeod and I am thinking McNally from the green men might be up there and the Junior Hards to clip a few votes from him and early in the votes Mee to poll well early, but my smoky will be Brodie Hodson from the Swallows to be consistent. But it begs the question, who are the gunna throw the whistle to for the big last game of the season? Will it be the same old names or is there a chance they might take a chance on someone new.

Well Schnail, I am thinking the McLeod and I am thinking McNally from the green men might be up there and the Junior Hards to clip a few votes from him and early in the votes Mee to poll well early, but my smoky will be Brodie Hodson from the Swallows to be consistent. But it begs the question, who are the gunna throw the whistle to for the big last game of the season? Will it be the same old names or is there a chance they might take a chance on someone new.
I reckon the old firm of Green and Garraway will get the green/lime/blue/red shirts with the third central to be anyone. Dunno if Opie is up to it, reckon Billy Stevens would do a good job, I just hope on the day they refrain from blowing the whistle for the sake of it. Generally the GFs have been pretty well umpired.....

Big new is Ben Duscher is coaching merbein. Turned down big offers from imperials and south mildura also $100,000 a year plus a $40,000 crop from ouyen. Get on the band wagon boys the pies are on the rise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been to Ouyen Roota? You'd spend half of it on therapy while trying to deal with the place.....he woulda done some homework on travelling etc, it'd be a big ask.....

Yeah mate been there and play with a few ouyen lads. If you are saying that he knocked back an offer of $140k then he has rocks in his head no matter where in Australia the bloody club is

Great game of footy today at George Gordon Oval, Red Cliffs got home by a point. Both Lovett and Motlop were damaging, Moncur kicked 7 and owned the Tigers forward line. Imps lost both Kane Cameron and John Coleman before the game and still managed to get close. Tigers coughed up a 25 point lead at 3/4 time and imps hit the front with about 5 minutes to go, but just couldn't hold on. Reddy into the big dance, imps to play either the swallows or demons next week...

Great game of footy today at George Gordon Oval, Red Cliffs got home by a point. Both Lovett and Motlop were damaging, Moncur kicked 7 and owned the Tigers forward line. Imps lost both Kane Cameron and John Coleman before the game and still managed to get close. Tigers coughed up a 25 point lead at 3/4 time and imps hit the front with about 5 minutes to go, but just couldn't hold on. Reddy into the big dance, imps to play either the swallows or demons next week...
Any news on reserves nails?

So Schnail, what's the real scoop on the final dance. Imps should get over Irymple without too much trouble and given they went close with a couple of outs on Saturday means it should be a great rematch in the last game. Will Coleman get up in two weeks, if the green men make the granny it will be 14 days of ice ! !! It has all the hallmarks of a sunraysia classic, the home grown talent of imps up against the fully funded and financially motivated tigers. Great couple of SFL finals footy on the way.

So Schnail, what's the real scoop on the final dance. Imps should get over Irymple without too much trouble and given they went close with a couple of outs on Saturday means it should be a great rematch in the last game. Will Coleman get up in two weeks, if the green men make the granny it will be 14 days of ice ! !! It has all the hallmarks of a sunraysia classic, the home grown talent of imps up against the fully funded and financially motivated tigers. Great couple of SFL finals footy on the way.
I reckon the swallows will put up a huge fight to play in the GF, imps will be favourites but anything can happen in a prelim. Coleman will play if imps make it, as will K Cameron who is as important to the back line as Coleman is to the forward line. Would be good if imps knocked over the mercenaries, I reckon if it is a imps/tigers GF there might even be a bigger supported group for the green machine on the day then normal.....

Imps v Red cliffs Grandfinal. It will be the biggest support Imps has ever had. Hate to admit it but id rather see Imps win than Redcliffs and I don't think im on my own in saying that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back