Upper Murray 2014

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tips this week
After watching feds play last week if they can reproduce that form against Bullioh there could be another upset but with second spot up for grabs, Bullioh by 21pts.Heard last week Clint Reid got hurt does anyone know how he is going , will be a big lost if out for season.
Corryong takes on Cudgie and if Corry can win will get the double chance. They have the players to win but don't have the pace to match Cudgies running players but if they can keep the ball in tight when going through the corridor or kick long over Cudgies runners and get 90% of there match-ups rite one would be Cooper on Aurthurs both players can play either end of the ground plus mid-feild but with Cudgie having players like Bailey, Pynneapples, Carkeet, Ward, Star, Aalbers should lean towards a Cudgie win but i'm going for a Corryong win. Corry by 14pts.
Tumba host Walwa at home a win puts them back into the four [only if feds loose] a lost season over. Carn't see tumba loosing this with so much at stake and if they can get some of their players back for finals anything is possible.Also if Walwa go through without a win i just like to thank the guys who stuck the year out and wish their coach all the best for next season. Tumba by 34pts

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
Tips by Demonroo - last round

Cudgie will be too strong for Corryong - the Blues by 4 goals;
Bullioh to belt the Swans by 8 goals, Peter Dean will have his troops fired up.
Tumba to beat Walwa, but not by much. If Walwa did win, I wouldn't be too dissapointed, I agree with Chopper, they have stuck in there and kept their proud club going. Is their coach sticking around in 2015 Maxi?

little joe

Debutant
Oct 23, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
TIPS THIS WEEK
Cudgie by 15pts over Corryong
Tumba by 6gls over Walwa
Bullioh by 10pts over Feds
Chopper waiting for team of the year!

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well guys home an away over ,finals next week, Bullioh v Tumba at Bullioh. Well done to Corry getting over Cudgie.
Here is my team of the year have added wings and a 6 man bench.Have left out alot of good players who have only played 6-7 games due to injury or work commitments.

B. Bosman[walwa] C.Reid[bull] B.Aalbers[cudg]

H.B. J.Carkeet[cudg] J.Paton[corr] D.Authurs[cudg]

C. C.Newhman[walwa] E.Nicolas[corr] A.Williams[fed]

H.F. J.Bailey[cudg] T.Hickey[bull] B.Carey[tumba]

F.Reinbeck[corr] B.McKvoy[cudg] M.Pynnapples[cudg]

FOLL. M.Molk[tumba] S.Gilson[corr] J.Curran[bull]

Inter- J.Pearl[corr] ,B.Graebar[corr] H.Tyrell[fed] D.Haycraft[fed] ,C.Hindle[bull] N.Hewitt[cudg]

COACH-B.Deery[cudg] CAPT-J.Paton[corr]

NOVICE

Draftee
May 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
For what its worth heres my Team
B/ Authurs (Cud) C Reid (Bull) Carkeet(Cud)

H/B Bailey (Cud) Paton (Corry) Low(Corry)

C/ Gilson (Corry)

H/F Williams (Fed) Reinbeek (Corry) Pynapples (Cud)

F/F Aalbers (Cud) McEvoy(Cud) Carey (Tumba)

Foll Molky (Tumba) Nicholas (Corry) Curran (Bull)

Inter. Tyrell (Fed) Hewitt (Cud) Graeber(Corry) Newman (Walwa)

Coach Dean capt Nicholas

Couldnt have Deery as coach seems to be too outspoken on issues that dont concern him,
look what hes done,Corryong have reacted to his comments,prefer a quiet achiever like Peter Dean

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well the 1st semi this saturday between Bullioh/Tumba should be close if tumba can put 4 quarters together.Tumba should have acouple of players coming back,they had Hindmarsh an Campbell back last week which made a big difference to their side but with the game played at Bullioh Bullioh would have to start favorites. But guys i'm going for an upset Tumba by 7pts if Clint Reid doesn't play

daranga

Draftee
Mar 20, 2012
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Tips by Demonroo - last round

Cudgie will be too strong for Corryong - the Blues by 4 goals;
Bullioh to belt the Swans by 8 goals, Peter Dean will have his troops fired up.
Tumba to beat Walwa, but not by much. If Walwa did win, I wouldn't be too dissapointed, I agree with Chopper, they have stuck in there and kept their proud club going. Is their coach sticking around in 2015 Maxi?
As far as i know the walwa senior coach is staying on. he's not one to give up easy from what i have seen of him this year.

little joe

Debutant
Oct 23, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
My tip for this week 1st semi is Bullioh by 5gls over Tumba ,they seem to be alot more balanced around the ground and Tumba don't have the firer power down forward like they did last season so they will be able to cover Clint Reid

NOVICE

Draftee
May 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
On yesterdays performance either Corryong or Cudgewa wouldn't want loose next week , the looser will have to
confront a rampaging Bullioh. I think the looser next week will feel the Upper Murray curse ."Out in straight sets"

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done to Bullioh yesterday putting Tumba out of the finals race which was made alot easier for Bullioh with 2 guys not turning up for tumba plus Carey having to pull out due to hamstring strain.Just watching yesterdays game i don't think the result would of changed if they turned up but would of made it alot closer.Looking over the season some of the most improved players this season ,A Grenhill from Walwa ,T.Nicholas Corryong and Cooper from Bullioh ,Zac Stevens Tumba just to name afew.Did notice M.Nichols didn't play does anyone know if he is injured.
Next weeks game will be interesting Cudgie/Corry i don't beleive in home ground advantages both sides evenly matched but i'm going to tip Corryong by 7pts if dry.

Footsball

Debutant
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep big game this wknd, corryong/cudgewa 2 to 1 record cudgewa way but the last win to corryong has shown that maybe they are for real. Corryong for me.
As for coaches next year you would think Ried would go if corryong wins? Hopefully dean stays on, tumba coach probably to go , Deery to go also if win, walwa have heard is already gone.

The Toecutter

All Australian
Feb 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
If anyone went to league count if they know who was in team of the year can they post it on here cheers.max
um.jpg

NOVICE

Draftee
May 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Gee I think the forward line lacks a bit of pace none of them under 32. Certainly a few young guys would feel cheated.

NOVICE

Draftee
May 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
This weeks game could go either way, maybe toss a coin. Interesting comments in the paper by Cudgewa Coach , the players
left out for the Clevens will be disappointed and when you consider Carkeek , Star and Hall (possibly play )may play , that certainly puts
stress on the team playing four 27minute quarters right out. They will all go well or they may finish with the bare sixteen on the ground.
Big risk if they play Hall and he cops another none in the jaw . It would certainly stretch the meaning of "Duty of Care" but all said and done I think Cudgewa can win and go for the Home grand final.

Smart Fox

Rookie
May 20, 2009
Wodonga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sounds like you may have some inside knowledge Novice. It just depends on what principals the Coach works
off. "All duty and no care"or "All care and no Duty" big call .Only needs one slight knock and he would be
feeding through a straw and the club could be open to a Civil Suit.

little joe

Debutant
Oct 23, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Agree with you Novice very slow forward line. How Sinclair, Culph, Deery, Voight got into team of the year is anyones guess and Deery should of been named Coach.Cudgie by 11pts over Corryong.We will just have to wait an see what the paper puts in for team of the year.Chopper are you doing a preview of the G.F. this year?

The Toecutter

All Australian
Feb 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
Any chance clubs could put there selected sides on the league website? Everyone plays each other 3 times so they don't have a lot to hide but the border mail don't put them in, surely the clubs can put them online???

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done to Cudgie downing Corryong in yesterdays 2nd semi.Corryong blasted out of the blocks in the 1st quarter kicking long into there forward line catching cudgie off guard.2nd quarter Deery made a few changes and cudgie came out and banged on about 5gls to one which followed on into the 3rd quarter with another 5gls to one.Last quarter cudgie out scored corryong by a goal.Trying to pick cudgies best players was hard because after the 1st quarter there whole side lifted, but my best players were Voight, Aalbers, Cleven brothers, Aurthers, Star and Deery who i thought lead his team really well. For Corryong very hard but my picks were Reinbeck, Paton, Evan, Graeber.Discipline was corryong biggest problem yesterday and cudgie took full advantage of it.Looks like T.Cooper season is over been reported in the last 5-7 mins in 4th quarter for hitting Authers who didnt react back[well done dane]. Corryong will have to lift there game next week if they want to get over Bullioh.Cudgies ground was in fantastic condition yesterday and i must say it is the best ground in the comp at the moment.

daranga

Draftee
Mar 20, 2012
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Any chance clubs could put there selected sides on the league website? Everyone plays each other 3 times so they don't have a lot to hide but the border mail don't put them in, surely the clubs can put them online???
Normally most sides are named on the upper murray website. I did notice that clubs were getting a bit slack towards the end of the year and they were not being entered.

Beer Pig

Debutant
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Normally most sides are named on the upper murray website. I did notice that clubs were getting a bit slack towards the end of the year and they were not being entered.

UMFL needs someone like CHOPPER as a jurno to give it some real coverage in Border mail.

Bullioh will be to strong for a depleted injured side of Corryong, Dogs by 40pts

Federals 2nds will be to strong for Corryong 30pts

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tip this week Corryong/ Bullioh could go either way.Corryong have to forget about last week regroup focus on Bullioh because they are going to take 4 quarters of solid footy to beat.After last weeks game Bullioh would have to go in as favorites because i don't beleive in home ground advantage and Corryong copping a few injuries from Cudgie game and not knowing how Cooper went[hopefully he got off ] should swing things Bulliohs way. Corryong have the players to beat Bullioh but unless their prepared to play as one for four quarters could be season over. Bullioh on the other hand have avery good running game starting down back and have a mid-field that kick accouple of gls a game and Culph/Hickey taking the 2 best defenders Corryong have to make sure their match-ups on the next 4 are rite.Reid an Nichols will strenghten Bulliohs team.
As much as i want Corryong to win i think Bullioh will get over the line 15pts
Won't be going to the game wedding in Sydney

Back