Mega Thread THE TAN - The Filthy Sanchez Thread - TIGERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was randomly thinking this morning. Will Shaun Hampson be seen as one of our biggest trade blunders?

No.

He is decent as no.1 ruck, played a role while Ivan was out of the side.
But absolutely terrible as a forward and as a 2nd ruck.

If Ivan was to go down again he would probably still get games. I would prefer Griffiths/Vickery to go 50/50 instead but the coaching staff don't want to throw them to the wolfs.. Yet.

Was randomly thinking this morning. Will Shaun Hampson be seen as one of our biggest trade blunders?

73123_a8275824945a8a9347ab6f728566a23d.jpg

What did you say?

73123_a8275824945a8a9347ab6f728566a23d.jpg

What did you say?

Didn't he play a fair few decent games for us though? I thought the Hammer trade was good at the time although when we drafted him we probably expected him to take a massive load off Maric shoulders but I still feel if Maric goes down we still don't have a capable replacement. Although looking at it Mcevoy hasn't been a success at Hawthorn (yet) so obviously none of this can be predicted as hoped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Jordan was ever a good player for us. Terry Wallace also has said recently that the trade was basically an accident.

He told Miller that he wanted JM, We had already committed our pick 35 for Mitch Morton so Miller interpreted that Terry was happy to give up pick 19 for McMahon. Miller left the room and came back with a big smile saying he had done the trade for pick 19. Terry said was in shock and he would not have done the trade for pick 19.

The fact they followed through with the trade after all that (if it's true) has to be the biggest trade blunder in our history.

Didn't he play a fair few decent games for us though? I thought the Hammer trade was good at the time although when we drafted him we probably expected him to take a massive load off Maric shoulders but I still feel if Maric goes down we still don't have a capable replacement. Although looking at it Mcevoy hasn't been a success at Hawthorn (yet) so obviously none of this can be predicted as hoped.

We probably cant accurately judge the trade to when Hampson is no longer with us. Who knows, he may improve next year :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back