Stefan Martin re-signing: Finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Nooooo. No. NO!

So if you post negatively hoping to psyche out the footy gods into having him stay then emphatically deny it when someone takes you literally - do the footy gods still hear you, or just your latest, or do they cancel each other out ... or if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it ....

Great news, we usually sign players in groups so I'm expecting Maguire and Crisp to also re-sign next week.

I wonder who at the start of the year would have been excited about this announcement!

Playing absolute terrific footy, love having him in the side. Has earned every cent we've offered him.

ONYA STEFAAAAAAN! :D :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder who at the start of the year would have been excited about this announcement!

Playing absolute terrific footy, love having him in the side. Has earned every cent we've offered him.

ONYA STEFAAAAAAN! :D :thumbsu:

Hoping it's the standard 2 years; despite the superb 2nd half of the year he's had - he is injury prone :footy:

Hoping it's the standard 2 years; despite the superb 2nd half of the year he's had - he is injury prone :footy:

Yeah I'd imagine term would be the sticking point. He'd be wanting 3 but I can see us only wanting to give him two. May come down to 2 with more cash per year or 3 with less perhaps

Yeah that's what I'm assuming too. Still a hell of a lot better than being delisted

Think it's better we sign him before the end of the season; can actually see him potentially polling 20 Brownlow votes :confused:

Likeable, good-looking fella who plays under the noses of the umps...dominating around the ground too.

Think it's better we sign him before the end of the season; can actually see him potentially polling 20 Brownlow votes :confused:

Likeable, good-looking fella who plays under the noses of the umps...dominating around the ground too.
Well Rocky had a nice big sweep of votes at the brownlow last season... ;)

Brisbane set to re-sign in-form ruckman Stefan Martin

BRISBANE are poised to rubber stamp the contract extension of in-form ruckman Stefan Martin as early as today. The Lions and Martin’s management were in the last throws of finalising the deal last night with confirmation expected before the end of the week. Martin has been a revelation since being thrust into the role of no. 1 ruckman in Round 12, catapulting himself into calculations for the extended All-Australian squad which will be named next week. After a diabolic run with injuries, Martin has been one of the most consistent and best-performed ruckman in the competition with his athleticism and skill enabling him to match it with the best big men in the AFL.

His extended run in the ruck and Brisbane’s vastly improved second-half of the season are certainly no coincidence. It is understood that Hawthorn were seriously looking at the former Demon so the re-signing of the 27-year-old is a significant coup for Brisbane who will have great ruck depth and ominous flexibility next year when Matthew Leuenberger returns from a knee injury.

Great news! I wonder if he can be better next year.

I hope Luey gets selected this week. I want to see them together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back