#gopies

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope the magpie army turns up on Friday night and give the boys some real confidence. Won't be an easy game, but if we tackle hard and force turnovers, no reason why we should not lose :)

I'm full of belief that we can pull off a great game, win or lose it doesn't matter. Never have been a doubter, we have every right to be a chance if the will within the players is present on friday night.

who knpws? our side with so many new faces just might match up
better than the usual suspects who havent beat the hawks for three years.
to beat them we must roll the dice and move the ball as quick as possible.
sides like geel,rich,north who have had success against them in recent years do this well when on song.
GO PIES!!!!!!

Someone said it well before: this game's not really about finals or even winning for me. What it's about for me as a supporter is that this may be the last chance I have to cheer on my boys this year (other than the VFL side). These "boys" gave so much for us last week and many of them have gone above and beyond what anyone could have expected from them in their first and second years. They DESERVE our respect and our pride and our VOICE on Friday night. Win, lose or draw these baby pies deserve our pound and unrelenting support this Friday night and beyond. I'll be gargling all saturday (lucky we have a lot of salt water down here!!)

Go you pie boys!!

Well said!

Mus.jpg
Great thread. Doing the double this weekend - a footy orgy before the endless off-season. If we make finals or win in VFL it'll be a timely miracle. The Footy Gods owe us. A tweetmate and I collaborated on this image to celebrate the revival of the Magpie's Musketeering spirit. I think Old Spice is going to refine it a little, but hard to see how it could be more inspiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came here to make a thread with a fairly different vibe, but it's similar enough that I'll just post in this one instead.

Basically I wanted to say that this is the time to prove what kind of supporter you are. It's easy to go along to games that we are expected to win. Last I checked, we were something like $7 to beat the Hawks, and for good reason. We are fielding a bunch of kids against a side we always struggle to beat at the best of times (final round, 2010, anyone?). The fact is, we COULD be walking into a massacre.

But you know what? Fine. I don't care. It's time to get out there to the G and show support when the club actually needs support. Let's get there and cheer and clap and applaud these kids heading out there to represent the club we love REGARDLESS of the result. That's what I'll be doing - and I have preventative chemo earlier that day, so if you aren't going on Friday night, what's your excuse? I know it's a terrible 'Category A' game but there's still GA seating for the normal price. So, unless you can't afford it, make an effort. This is the time to prove your worth as a supporter.

I'm not going because I think we'll win. I'm going because that's what a true supporter does.

Besides, if we do pull off the impossible, I definitely want to be there.

Last night I dreamt they beat us 86 - 18. We kicked 2.12, which doesnt even add up to 18. Given that Im always dreaming about weird stuff that has no basis in reality, now we're going to win. GO PIES

I'm heading to the G and then I'm going to the spiritual home the next day.
Great opportunity to see some of our future, (what's left of it at the moment) at both venues.
Go Pies!

round 22 1982.

for those who were there, youll know.

for those who werent, DYOR.
Is that the game Peter Johnston missed a goal to win the game?
If so, I was there and some Geelong nuffy ran off with my cap cause I laughed and cheered so much - got it back though.
The train trips were great in those days when we won

Is that the game Peter Johnston missed a goal to win the game?
If so, I was there and some Geelong nuffy ran off with my cap cause I laughed and cheered so much - got it back though.
The train trips were great in those days when we won

The train trip home that night was madness. Singing in the carriages.

image.jpg

Last night I dreamt they beat us 86 - 18. We kicked 2.12, which doesnt even add up to 18. Given that Im always dreaming about weird stuff that has no basis in reality, now we're going to win. GO PIES

2 nights ago I dreamt that the Pies won the flag. However I wouldn't take too much confidence from that given the team we beat in the Grand Final was an Essendon/GWS hybrid, so it's probably not likely to happen this year...

A trip down memory lane - last 5 minutes of the 2011 PF

One of the most amazing games I have witnessed!

Hopefully history repeats on this occasion.......Go Pies!

2 nights ago I dreamt that the Pies won the flag. However I wouldn't take too much confidence from that given the team we beat in the Grand Final was an Essendon/GWS hybrid, so it's probably not likely to happen this year...
It almost makes weird sense that they would merge! Essendon are about to (hopefully) have quite a few players banned and GWS wouldnt mind the footy street cred that goes with being associated with an established club. Plus theres the Sheedy link.

But then they'd never make the grand final...

I came here to make a thread with a fairly different vibe, but it's similar enough that I'll just post in this one instead.

Basically I wanted to say that this is the time to prove what kind of supporter you are. It's easy to go along to games that we are expected to win. Last I checked, we were something like $7 to beat the Hawks, and for good reason. We are fielding a bunch of kids against a side we always struggle to beat at the best of times (final round, 2010, anyone?). The fact is, we COULD be walking into a massacre.

But you know what? Fine. I don't care. It's time to get out there to the G and show support when the club actually needs support. Let's get there and cheer and clap and applaud these kids heading out there to represent the club we love REGARDLESS of the result. That's what I'll be doing - and I have preventative chemo earlier that day, so if you aren't going on Friday night, what's your excuse? I know it's a terrible 'Category A' game but there's still GA seating for the normal price. So, unless you can't afford it, make an effort. This is the time to prove your worth as a supporter.

I'm not going because I think we'll win. I'm going because that's what a true supporter does.

Great post Scruff...and good luck with the chemo and all else as well. We'll be there as well!
Go pies

I love your spirit scruffydog , I'm currently in China but will be watching it on TV barracking hard for the boys and for Luke.

Hope the chemo goes well for you, its great to know that we have proud supporters willing to go to games win or lose, stuff the bandwagon followers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back