Nick Malceski - on the move.

Remove this Banner Ad

So media reporting the Suns could chase both Malceski and Frawley.

Suns usually extremely tight lipped about this sort of stuff but Ashcroft has put it out there that the club wants some more mature players.

Going to be an interesting trades period.

He won't go to Melbourne. Last couple of years at his career, he'll go somewhere we he will hope he can jag another flag - while still making some coin.

So media reporting the Suns could chase both Malceski and Frawley.

Suns usually extremely tight lipped about this sort of stuff but Ashcroft has put it out there that the club wants some more mature players.

Going to be an interesting trades period.

frawley would be a perfect fit for the Sun's, I'd be surprised if they weren't offering him more than he'd get at Hawthorn, Geelong or Collingwood.

frawley would be a perfect fit for the Sun's, I'd be surprised if they weren't offering him more than he'd get at Hawthorn, Geelong or Collingwood.

I agree, I think he could offer a hell of a lot of stability and leadership to our young defence. But I guess it depends if he is prepared to pack up and move interstate after being settled in Vic for so long. Big change of scenery, but I guess that could be a draw card aswell?

Malceski is after a 3 year contract, the Swans are offering to go to 2 years after having giving him a one year deal last year. Malceski knows this is his last contract and wants to get as much length of time out of the deal as possible, money is a secondary issue. If he leaves he has had approaches from 4 clubs, two of which are the two WA sides because thats where his wife is from, the other two are Melbourne based clubs who are in line for a finals run. The Demons aren't one, but any Swans player will be linked to there as long as Roos is there.

Malceski is after a 3 year contract, the Swans are offering to go to 2 years after having giving him a one year deal last year. Malceski knows this is his last contract and wants to get as much length of time out of the deal as possible, money is a secondary issue. If he leaves he has had approaches from 4 clubs, two of which are the two WA sides because thats where his wife is from, the other two are Melbourne based clubs who are in line for a finals run. The Demons aren't one, but any Swans player will be linked to there as long as Roos is there.

No saying he is not an upgrade on what we have, but we have so much depth in his area (non KPP's) that we would struggle to fit him into our team.

If we got him, I think we would need to trade away two depth players to keep our list open and provide opportunity to our young developing players.

Can't see us offering 3 years, I would think 2 years would be the max as well - maybe 2 years with a conditional 3rd.

No saying he is not an upgrade on what we have, but we have so much depth in his area (non KPP's) that we would struggle to fit him into our team.

If we got him, I think we would need to trade away two depth players to keep our list open and provide opportunity to our young developing players.

Can't see us offering 3 years, I would think 2 years would be the max as well - maybe 2 years with a conditional 3rd.

Can't say I disagree. Just saying that he is looking for 3 years and that 4 clubs have made inquiries, not that they have offered him the 3 years. This goes into the decision making process for him

I agree, Frawley would be a great fit for the Suns and I would be surprised if they weren't preparing to put an offer forward to him.

If I was him I would be going to GC, on their way up with a young team full of talent and no doubt there will be more money there than he will get at a Hawthorn or Geelong.

I don't understand why they would wan't Frawley.

They have May and Thompson as KP defenders and Warnock as depth.

Frawley as a forward is next to useless.

What GC needs is more midfield senior players across the lines of HBF wing and Forward flank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why they would wan't Frawley.

They have May and Thompson as KP defenders and Warnock as depth.

Frawley as a forward is next to useless.

What GC needs is more midfield senior players across the lines of HBF wing and Forward flank.
Warnock won't be around for much longer. In fact, he's struggled for games this year. Frawley would be a much better option.

I highly doubt Hawthorn are in to Malceski already have enough players fighting for that position.

Losing 1.1 million in the salary cap kinda helps.
Pfft... we did that, but apparently the maths is too hard for BF and the footy media.

Must be COLA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back