Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

5th year of this league btw. I wanted to see if anyone might like to take over the reins as commish. With two young kids, I find I have less and less time to spend online. I obviously won't let the league fall over, but would be happy to have someone else take over if they want to.

Also happy to help if required

Bit worried that one of the returning guys was new into the league last year, but then gave up on his team in December - is he going to do the same this year as well??

Also, are we going to change the date of our playoffs (put forward by one week) as discussed around the end of last season? (players being rested before the beginning of the real playoffs basically made our league GF a no contest)

As a relative newbie to the league, is the draft order already decided? I read something about it on the first page, but not sure if that's totally up to date.

As a relative newbie to the league, is the draft order already decided? I read something about it on the first page, but not sure if that's totally up to date.
Draft Order has been decided, based on how the league finished last season.

Draft Order (Place finish last season)
1.(7) - That Team
2.(8) - Stinger's Stepdads
3.(9) - Mario's Memories
4.(10) - Peter Sidorkiewicz
5.(11) - Ollafub Serbas
6.(12) - Malkin In The Middle
7.(6) - Doof
8.(5) - Yzermaaan
9.(4) - Gettin Iggy With It
10.(3) - TBT Bleu et Bleu
11.(2) -The Big Pavelskis
12.(1) - Glasgow Mega Snakes

First round, however will be a little different due to Trades:

1. That Team
2. Stinger Stepdads
3. Peter Sidorkiewicz (acquired from Mario's Memories)
4. The Big Paveleskis (acquired from Peter Sidorkiewicz)
5. Ollafub Serbas
6. Malkin In The Middle
7. Doof
8. Mario's Memories (acquired from Yzermaaan)
9. Gettin Iggy With It
10. Peter Sidorkiewicz (acquired from TBT Bleu et Bleu)
11. The Big Pavelskis
12. Peter Sidorkiewicz (acquired from Glasgow Mega Snakes)

And yes, before you ask, I blew up my team last season to acquire more picks. My keepers were just not getting it done. I've only got 2 out of 11 keepers from the inaugural draft - Spezza and Byfuglien. Although I did have the unfortunate event of Kovalchuk bolting to Russia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a few players I'd be willing to part with for the right price, including (but not limited to):

Dan Boyle, Joffrey Lupul, Loui Eriksson, John Carlson, Brad Richards, Nick Foligno, Matt Read, Teddy Purcell, Tomas Plekanec, Craig Smith, Mike Richards, Niklas Hjalmarsson, and I'm willing to have a discussion about Brian Elliott and Mike Smith.

Rookies: Boone Jenner, Tomas Tatar, Alex Chiasson

2008+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+One+02f1ImwTiUil.jpg

We have a trade to announce

To Stinger's Stepdads: Mike Smith, 18th round pick
To Mario's Memories: Henrik Sedin, 14th round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back