Ohhhh WADAAAA, you beauuuuuuty!

Remove this Banner Ad

So a pre-emptive "voluntary" stand down, just in case. Still sounds like a bad deal to me. #DontDoDeals
Time will tell but all I was doing was pointing out that your post was wrong- there was no admittance of guilt required (have no idea if the article was correct just quoting the content).

Time will tell but all I was doing was pointing out that your post was wrong- there was no admittance of guilt required (have no idea if the article was correct just quoting the content).
Fair enough point, but I think guilt would be assumed - unless this is fought out to the bitter end, and the players are proven innocent.

Some of us would like to know why - if you're not interested you can scroll past.
For those on here prone to constructing theories (often quite elaborate) based on speculating on all sorts of information, a claim of 'it doesn't matter why' just doesn't fit. I think it actually matters a lot from a number of perspectives. The problem is that it is difficult to reconcile with ASADA having strong evidence without becoming overly fanciful. I think it's easier in this instance for many on here to say 'it doesn't matter why' and ignore it. Makes it easier to maintain strongly held views. And if you add an expletive in an exasperated manner and capitalise the post it adds so much gravitas - not.

Last edited:
For those on here prone to constructing theories (often quite elaborate) based on speculating on all sorts of information, a claim of 'it doesn't matter why' just doesn't fit. I think it actually matters a lot from a number of perspectives. The problem is that it is difficult to reconcile with ASADA having strong evidence without becoming overly fanciful. I think it's easier in this instance for many on here to say 'it doesn't matter why' and ignore it. Makes it easier to maintain strongly held views. And if you add an expletive in an exasperated manner and capitalise the post it adds so much gravitas - not.

The guy who nailed Lance Armstrong assisted in the formulation of the case, which was then reviewed in detail by a recently retired federal court judge. They both advised CEO of ASADA to proceed.

What's difficult to reconcile is the choice to ignore that, and make a wild arsed leap of faith that the case must be weak.

I'll give you a very feasible alternative. Since day one Essendon football club and James Hird have conducted a vigorous and coordinated perception engineering plan. They have attacked the investigating authority, they have distorted the truth and have outright lied. Any and all information they have been able to obtain has been fair game to publicly attack.

And they even employed the nice Mr Hanke to help.

Personally I wouldn't provide anything to an organisation with a record of such behavior until the last possible moment.

You have misunderstood mate
Listen to the McDermott interview
He confirmed that ASADA only went to the ADRV Panel after the Cronulla players took the deal
I was talking about Cronulla
This point has not been picked up by many
The normal process has been thrown out the window

Not really. This happened

• In accordance with its legislative framework, ASADA puts formal allegations of a possible ADRV to the athlete or support person in anticipation of the matter being considered by the independent Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel (ADRVP).

Then, they spoke about the evidence. And the players SC response was a letter to the ADRVP confessing guilt. So then this happened.

• The athlete or support person has the opportunity to make a submission to the ADRVP prior to their consideration of a matter.

Now we know, because of the confession this will happen

• The ADRVP reviews ASADA’s processes and all relevant evidence in a matter and makes decisions as to whether to enter an athlete or support person’s details onto the Register of Findings if it believes that a person has possibly committed an ADRV.

And we know that this will then happen (and because we are not naive we know what the outcome will be because it is already agreed).

• Athletes and support persons can waive their right to a hearing. In these cases, the sport will decide the appropriate sanction in accordance with its anti-doping policy

http://www.asada.gov.au/rules_and_violations/process.html

Even if you believe your premise, your timeline is way off. Hird responded after taking an AFL PR assault for 3 months.

You mean three months after engaging the paid liar Hanke?

You expect us to believe that Hanke was on the payrole to help him be truthful?

In fact the very first words Albert spoke on the very first day were a lie.

I take full responsibility. He's even told us it was a lie.

You mean three months after engaging the paid liar Hanke?

You expect us to believe that Hanke was on the payrole to help him be truthful?

In fact the very first words Albert spoke on the very first day were a lie.

I take full responsibility. He's even told us it was a lie.

But he also told us he always tells the truth.

Hence I am confused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Hird started the lying and deception the day of the original press conference.

You mean the guy who so desperately wanted the truth to come out, but the moment that looked like happening, they resorted to court action to prevent it from emerging? Is that the guy?

You mean the guy who so desperately wanted the truth to come out, but the moment that looked like happening, they resorted to court action to prevent it from emerging? Is that the guy?
When was this mythical time when it looked like "the truth would come out"?
You mean the SCNs with no evidence? How did that work for Cronulla? Any truth there?
How about the Court action where hundreds of pages of affadavits and documents are now on the public record which show the truth of what happened in the last 18 months?

You mean the SCNs with no evidence? How did that work for Cronulla? Any truth there?
How about the Court action where hundreds of pages of affadavits and documents are now on the public record which show the truth of what happened in the last 18 months?

We want the truth from what happened in 2012 to come out, not the side issue of the past 18 months

Well, as it relates to Cronulla, then yes, the truth (at least the basics of it) is out there. The players have admitted taking the drugs.

Last edited:
Well, as it relates to Cronulla, then yes, the truth (at least the basics of it) is out there. The players have admitted the taking drugs.
A lot of people admit to being Napoleon Bonaparte but that doesn't make it true.

ASADA's coercive action of forcing admissions on pain of future financial ruin (rather than a 3 week holiday binge) has ensured that the truth was never tested and will now probably never be known.

A lot of people admit to being Napoleon Bonaparte but that doesn't make it true.

ASADA's coercive action of forcing admissions on pain of future financial ruin (rather than a 3 week holiday binge) has ensured that the truth was never tested and will now probably never be known.
Bobby, whether you like it or not, one cannot escape the fact that the players have admitted their drug use. Good luck to them that they were able to get substantial reductions to the penalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back