Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clowns on the CL qualifiers board (and these ******* commentators) make me laugh.
One of them a pen? Which one? The one where Debuchy won the ball or the one where the guy slipped over.
Granted they were pretty audacious kind of attempts, they were still nowhere near penalties.
That was laughable for a second yellow.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on Giroud's injury:

"Olivier Giroud had surgery today. It went well but he will be out, for maybe top competition, until end of December beginning of Januray.

On whether he will try to sign a striker: "We will look around but we want quality. We have quality, we have Walcott coming back soon, Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo. To find players better than we have would be very difficult.

"Anytime you have a problem you can't always buy. I bought Sanchez to be a striker, Walcott can be a very good striker, Sanogo is a very good striker, Campbell if you ask him what he is he says a striker. All players of quality."

To me says they're looking but don't think there's anything worthwhile available - which means he doesn't consider Remy to be better than anything we have

I'm not normally one to have a crack at the officials but honestly both refs over the two legs should get the sack. Both blokes did not have a clue what was going on. Nevertheless we are through.

Sanchez was good this morning. He looked very strong on the ball and made some nice dribbles. The goal he scored was also a very neat finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it looks like Giroud is out for a while, and unlikely we'll sign a new striker what are our options?
Is Alexis good enough to lead the line week in week out?
If Sanogo is fit is he our starting striker?
Could we even try 2 up front with combinations including Podolski, Campbell and Walcott

So it looks like Giroud is out for a while, and unlikely we'll sign a new striker what are our options?
Is Alexis good enough to lead the line week in week out?
If Sanogo is fit is he our starting striker?
Could we even try 2 up front with combinations including Podolski, Campbell and Walcott
I would happily try the latter if we play well and lose.

When its all said and done, Podolski is still our best finisher. Doesn't provide much in terms of defence or the link up play that Giroud does, but he's pretty damn good at converting chances.

When its all said and done, Podolski is still our best finisher. Doesn't provide much in terms of defence or the link up play that Giroud does, but he's pretty damn good at converting chances.
A Giroud and Podolski partnership would be ideal then! :p

Sanchez looked fantastic today.

Giroud out is a huge loss. We seem to be lacking depth in defence too. Surely we will make another signing or two.

The problem with our strike force isn't the numbers. Sure, we have players that can play up there. It's the question of whether they are good enough. When it comes to Yaya and Campbell the jury is well and truly still out, and I think playing Sanchez as a lone man will waste his talents. Also, the last thing we need is Sanchez playing minutes in every competitive match. He looked absolutely spent after that match and won't be fully recovered by the weekend.

Also, the last thing we need is Sanchez playing minutes in every competitive match. He looked absolutely spent after that match and won't be fully recovered by the weekend.

Yep that's a genuine risk. We don't want to run him into the ground like many others before him. Chambers is another who we probably didn't think would play this much football just yet.

Meanwhile, we've got some guys on the bench like Rosicky, Campbell etc who would be fit and able to rotate into the team. We need to use them.

Definitely need to rotate on the weekend against Leicester. After that it's the international break before Man City at home.

Thought Santi, Jack and Alexis were our best out there this morning. Alexis doesn't give up, it's great. The ref lost it. Was giving out cards like it was candy on Halloween. Debuchy has some mongrel, I like it. After the whistle he went straight for the ref and had to be calmed down by Flamini. FLAMINI!:D His haircut is horrid though. Actually really surprised with Nacho. Has fit right in since Gibbs went down and is actually doing a very good job.

Overall was another bleh-ish performance but we've qualified.

Definitely need to rotate on the weekend against Leicester. After that it's the international break before Man City at home.

Thought Santi, Jack and Alexis were our best out there this morning. Alexis doesn't give up, it's great. The ref lost it. Was giving out cards like it was candy on Halloween. Debuchy has some mongrel, I like it. After the whistle he went straight for the ref and had to be calmed down by Flamini. FLAMINI!:D His haircut is horrid though. Actually really surprised with Nacho. Has fit right in since Gibbs went down and is actually doing a very good job.

Overall was another bleh-ish performance but we've qualified.

I thought Debuchy was great too until his ridiculous red card.

Pros:

Boom! Champions League proper for the 17th season running
Alexis work rate and finish - The guy never stopped running and deserved his first Arsenal goal.
Wilshire driving from the midfield.
Nacho having a very good game at LB - was defensively sound and played a great cross to the Ox who should have scored. That's a few good games in a row now from him.
Santi looked a lot sharper with his movement and passing. Best game for a while.
The Kos and Per pairing gaining another clean sheet.
Flamini, did the mopping up well and lead the team in clearances. Bonus points for not getting a yellow card.

Cons:

WHY THE * IS ******* OZIL PLAYING ON THE ******* GODDAMN LEFT WING ALL THE ******* TIME? Seriously sign a ******* proper winger instead of wasting one of our most talented players.
Besiktas maintaining a lot of possession.
Very disjointed in the final third, but that's what you get when playing players all over the place each week.
Ox and his finish - have to score what was essentially a tap in and seal the tie.
Wilshire and his diving tackles heart in mouth stuff!
Debushy and his red card.

Joel Campbell watch: Restricted to bench warming duty.

The ref was very ordinary. It was a foul by Debuchy, they should've had a penalty.

Jack was okay this morning but we shouldn't keep trying to accommodate him somewhere in the side at the expense of better alternatives on the bench. Wenger is perhaps a bit too bias when it comes to Wilshere.

Jack probably had the best game I've seen him in this morning.

He's on a make or break season. Should be looking at Ramsey and how improved he was last season as his barometer... I'm backing Jack to come of age this campaign.

Now... the biggest positive of this morning is that Sanchez cancelled out his transfer fee with that strike. 35 mil more in the kitty. I think we'll be spending it.

Pros:

Boom! Champions League proper for the 17th season running
Alexis work rate and finish - The guy never stopped running and deserved his first Arsenal goal.
Wilshire driving from the midfield.
Nacho having a very good game at LB - was defensively sound and played a great cross to the Ox who should have scored. That's a few good games in a row now from him.
Santi looked a lot sharper with his movement and passing. Best game for a while.
The Kos and Per pairing gaining another clean sheet.
Flamini, did the mopping up well and lead the team in clearances. Bonus points for not getting a yellow card.

Cons:

WHY THE **** IS ******* OZIL PLAYING ON THE ******* GODDAMN LEFT WING ALL THE ******* TIME? Seriously sign a ******* proper winger instead of wasting one of our most talented players.
Besiktas maintaining a lot of possession.
Very disjointed in the final third, but that's what you get when playing players all over the place each week.
Ox and his finish - have to score what was essentially a tap in and seal the tie.
Wilshire and his diving tackles heart in mouth stuff!
Debushy and his red card.

Joel Campbell watch: Restricted to bench warming duty.

Wilshere for *s sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back