Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed a lot of last year with a hip op
Like most big Blokes takes a while to get going
Break out year for him and think he is only 24 or there abouts
how the boys from Flat gunna go next year Crow? Locked up your guns for next season I presume?

how the boys from Flat gunna go next year Crow? Locked up your guns for next season I presume?
As per the Addy a week or so ago yes the guns are locked away
Will still look for another tall to help lang and a big bodied midfielder as most clubs do
The club is a great place to be and can't see a huge turnover of players as everybody is happy

Storm come home in the last round and secure top spot:)

Think with Sandhurst's training schedule a week off for them would have made them pretty hard to stop in September.

Looking forward to a big 4 weeks.

Unlucky mate. How the **** did Eaglehawk beat Sandhurst. Tank job obviously.....
Word is Sandhurst rested a few
They were behind most of the day so tells me they had put the cue in the rack early
Gissy game was a shocker and the most spitefull game I have seen for avert long time

They were behind most of the day so tells me they had put the cue in the rack early
Gissy game was a shocker and the most spitefull game I have seen for avert long time

Reading Jugga's quote in the addy it seems as though one of the flat players lost his brain....what happened??

Reading Jugga's quote in the addy it seems as though one of the flat players lost his brain....what happened??
Gissy had a plan to rough us up early and umpires did not have control and just snowballed with spitfires all day
Lincoln Frost snapped and punched someone which ended up with an all in with every player on the ground
I clearly put it that umpires had no control all day and a lot of cheap shots happened
I now have no respect for a few senior Gissy players who I rated as punching players from behind is not tough

Gissy had a plan to rough us up early and umpires did not have control and just snowballed with spitfires all day
Lincoln Frost snapped and punched someone which ended up with an all in with every player on the ground
I clearly put it that umpires had no control all day and a lot of cheap shots happened
I now have no respect for a few senior Gissy players who I rated as punching players from behind is not tough

Frosty appeared to respond to a whack on the head from behind , but a pretty poor effort really from the Flat, Gisborne teamed much better and were way too good on the day. Why did the Umpires try and bounce the ball all day and stuffed it up nearly every time?? Only to then have to throw it up any way. Hopeless.The Roos improved lots over 2013 and give us something to look forward too next year but yesterdays game was dreadful.

Frosty appeared to respond to a whack on the head from behind , but a pretty poor effort really

from the Flat, Gisborne teamed much better and were way too good on the day. Why did the Umpires try and bounce the ball all day and stuffed it up nearly every time?? Only to then have to throw it up any way. Hopeless.The Roos improved lots over 2013 and give us something to look forward too next year but yesterdays game was dreadful.
No dramas about the football as we were clearly beaten but disappointed by the way the game was allowed to end up where it did
If the chep shots were picked up early by umpires then players don't try to even up
At a rough guess there would have been eight incidents off the ball leaving players hurt on the ground
Yes as far the bouncing of the ball what a joke
The other issue was umpires not setting the mark and allowing the player to creep upto 5 meters at time which just added to the frustration
We disappointing way to end the year for all concerned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No dramas about the football as we were clearly beaten but disappointed by the way the game was allowed to end up where it did
If the chep shots were picked up early by umpires then players don't try to even up
At a rough guess there would have been eight incidents off the ball leaving players hurt on the ground
The other issue was umpires not setting the mark and allowing the player to creep upto 5 meters at time which just added to the frustration
Mad Monday tomorrow crow?

Anyone want to take a stab at team of the year? I would imagine we will see some of these in the media in weeks to come.

Here is my team

Coach of the year:
Brett Fitzpatrick (maybe Daryl Wilson or Jason Stephens could be a smokey)

T.Miles (E’Hawk), J.Donaldson (Strath), P.Jennings (S’Hurst)
J.Coe (Square), B. Sonogon (Gisborne), J.Saville (K/Flat)
N. Smith (Strath), R.Maldenis (S’Hurst), J.Geary (Square)
C.Jones (Square), B.Anderson (S’Hurst), J.Hall (Storm)
T.Waters (Gisborne), S.Milne (Storn), B.Weightman (Kyneton)
T.Martin (S’Hurst), M.Smith (Strath), B.Filo (E’Hawk)
N.Lang (K/Flat), T.MacIlwain (M’borough), J.Dole (S’Hurst), D.Lowry (Square)

I have selected 3 ruckman

Lots of good players missing out here but this is my team of the year.

Anyone want to take a stab at team of the year? I would imagine we will see some of these in the media in weeks to come.

Here is my team

Coach of the year:

For the Coach of the year I think if Wilson Coaches the Club to its first ever flag he will be the man or if not you could make a case for Luke Mongahan with the cattle they lost and patched it up with some youthful recruiting and reasonably moderate budget you'd guess. Won't be without a chance of winning this week either against the Square if they play to the same standard that beat us on the weekend.

Here is my team

Coach of the year:

I'd squeeze Luke Edmondson in from Kyneton too

One thing that puzzles me is why Gisborne were so aggressive Saturday with nothing to gain
They risked injures and reports! Waters got reported for Head Butting Linc Frost(broken nose) so would imagine he will get similar to Linc at 2-3 weeks
If umpires had done their job another 2-3 reports could have been made ( Sharp,Mesoudie,White and others)
Why risk playing list with finals the following week.
One would have thought bruise free footy and get through to next week

I am amazed Sandhurst would go this way with a week off on the line, had superior % to Srath before the match.

Sandhurst finishing top with the superior fitness would have put them in front in the premiership race.

I am amazed Sandhurst would go this way with a week off on the line, had superior % to Srath before the match.

Sandhurst finishing top with the superior fitness would have put them in front in the premiership race.
Sandhurst trying to protect a bit over 1% and with Storm playing South they were never going to keep top spot so rested players before Qualifying final
Paper said today they could have up to 7 changes

Last edited:
Finals action is here who does everyone like?

I reckon we could be in for a tough game Gisborne surprised us last year in the finals so I hope the boys are ready to go Blair will be a blow if he doesnt play but understand the brainstrust if they keep him in cotton wool for deeper in the finals. Dragons by 14 for me we couldn't be as bad as last week.

Eaglehawk from what I seen last Saturday and with Square just struggling a touch will be a pretty decent chance of winning this game. Wont be much in it either but I will go Eaglehawk by 7 points.

The game was filmed - who got weeks out of the game?? I would say which ever team got the most weeks were the undisplined team.

Once the kid got punched in the face for a tiny bump the game will always fire up. Gissy has zero reason to play in a spiteful game one week out from finals.

Two pretty good finals on the weekend for the Bendigo League with Square and Eaglehawk having a shoot out Saturday Night and it took us most of the day to shake Gisborne before a slick last quarter. Skinny Wharton was super with 4 good goals and its players like him and Lee Coghlan who also had a good game who havent been in our best 5 or 6 players for the Season that we need to step for the finals series and spread the load. Big challenge against the Storm this weekend and we go in under dogs but Smith and Donaldson are notable outs for them.
Gisborne vs Square will also be a big game and will be tight but Gisborne will enjoy getting big Tommy Waters back in the side.

Anything notable out of the games guys? Where did Eaglehawk go wrong after such a good start?

Back