Preview Round 23: Sydney Swans V Richmond Tigers @ ANZ Stadium 30/08/2014 - 4:40 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time reader, never posted but the excitement is getting too much for me at this point. It's been a slow week and I don't know how the nerves will hold up come Saturday.

Really hoping the boys can come out strong and fast and that we don't go missing for quarters (or halves!!) of the game. Sound be a great game to watch and win or lose I'm just glad we can finish our home and away season still fighting.

Last edited:
Long time reader, never posted but the excitement is getting too much for me at this point. It's been a slow week and I don't know how the nerves will hold up come Saturday.

Really hoping the boys can come out strong and fast and that we don't go missing for quarters (or halves!!) of the game. Sound be a great game to watch and win or lose I'm just glad we can finish our last home and away season still fighting.

Welcome aboard mate!

Question - What do 2005 and 2012 have in Common? Swans lose to Tigers >>>> Swans win Flag.

Basically if we are to repeat History (in a way that see's the Swans winning the flag) ..... they must lose to Richmond!
Only once have they beaten us and won the flag in the same year, 1918. Make it happen Longmuire....

I wonder if _RT_ will be on the troll tonight again or if we can maybe get the real team? I don't feel like another heart attack ....

Even if it doesn't rain Saturday, it's been bucketing down in Sydney all week

Not sure what ANZ drainage is like, but it will be struggling to cope with the volume potentially

Not sure what ANZ drainage is like, but it will be struggling to cope with the volume potentially
Judging by the surface you'd reckon drainage isn't great.
Looks like it just seeps in.
It'll be pretty ugly I reckon with blokes going arseover all over the place.
Hope the boys bring the right boots !

Really hoping the boys can come out strong and fast and that we don't go missing for quarters (or halves!!) of the game. Sound be a great game to watch and win or lose I'm just glad we can finish our home and away season still fighting.

Hi carvel.
Welcome to the board. Hope this week is a good week for everybody here.

Shower's forecasted. I hope it's clear as I think we are better suited to dry footy and their contested game would be hard to beat in the wet.

FWIW my predictions:

Into the squad Martin, Thomas, Vickery. Martin will replace Lennon, Vickery will replace Gordon. Foley Sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our squad will include the emergencies, then the final team that plays will depend on the weather.

eg.
In: Martin Vickery
Out: Lennon Gordon
Emergencies: Thomas Gordon Dea

If it's wet, Thomas comes in for Vickery

Bringing in a plodder for a key forward makes sense.:straining: If Vickery didn't play due to the weather then he would be replaced by Gordon in that scenario.

Yep it's been raining a lot the last couple of weeks. Sunny, rain, sunny, rain - fells like Melbourne.

The sun is now out and it's windy.

Unless there is more rain it will be dry under foot.

For anyone going to the game, buy a Saturday Daily Telegraph and you get a coupon for a free hotdog and a coke (and probably a visit to the toilets shortly thereafter!)

Bringing in a plodder for a key forward makes sense.:straining: If Vickery didn't play due to the weather then he would be replaced by Gordon in that scenario.
We still have Riewoldt and Griffiths playing, plus all our other mids that rotate through the forward line.

We'll win the game in the middle, not forward. Thomas is the exact player you want crashing the packs trying to get a clearance to make Sydney second guess themselves about going in for the contest. Not only that but he's probably expendable if Jackson is fit.

It's the exact type of game Thomas thrives in.

We still have Riewoldt and Griffiths playing, plus all our other mids that rotate through the forward line.

We'll win the game in the middle, not forward. Thomas is the exact player you want crashing the packs trying to get a clearance to make Sydney second guess themselves about going in for the contest. Not only that but he's probably expendable if Jackson is fit.

It's the exact type of game Thomas thrives in.

We don't need him. Our midfield since the inclusion of Miles and exclusion of Thomas is stronger in so many levels. Thomas will play into the swans hands by dropping our speed, as he cant run with pace. I would inject loyd for lennon and leave the side as is. i

We don't need him. Our midfield since the inclusion of Miles and exclusion of Thomas is stronger in so many levels. Thomas will play into the swans hands by dropping our speed, as he cant run with pace. I would inject loyd for lennon and leave the side as is. i

+ Dusty

Lennon is much quicker then Lloyd? Lloyd is crafty, but he'd be one of the slowest players on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back