Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are all out training now. Pav is moving freely. Barlow out there doing ball work, marking etc. I'll post a report a bit later. I've only got another 15 mins before I leave to go to work but observing closely. I'll do a report a bit later
Is it later yet?

They are all out training now. Pav is moving freely. Barlow out there doing ball work, marking etc. I'll post a report a bit later. I've only got another 15 mins before I leave to go to work but observing closely. I'll do a report a bit later

Barlow really interests me. He says on radio this morning he can't play with the splint he has on but trains doing ball work with both hands. Hmmm

Barlow really interests me. He says on radio this morning he can't play with the splint he has on but trains doing ball work with both hands. Hmmm

Got me curious as well. If he did all the hard stuff (tackling, stoppages) as well he should be good to go IMO.

We'll find out later in the team announcement. If he is named emergency he is probably high chance to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't give much of a report as I had to leave just as match sims were starting. But I can say that Pav is looking absolutley 100%. Mark him down as in.

Sphincter factor for some Port BF supporters will start ramping up a bit if this pans out.

I just giggled out loud and got some strange stares.

He did play the following week,in fact he played in the next five including the Saints game before being dropped for the Carlton game.
He is definitely being maligned on this board and it is disgraceful.
It was done to Adam Mcphee, Jack Anthony, Josh Mellington and Now Col Sylvia.
He is a Docker. He should not be persecuted on here.
People on here say he has an attitude because he looks sullen and miserable. FCS.
Maybe he is just saying ICBF talking s**t with training watchers. What next ?

I malign him because:

He's played over 150 games, he's not a naive kid yet:

Get's paid 350k year and isn't playing due to his attitude and now has clogged up our salary cap to go after someone who could help us win a flag.

Turned up to Pre season out of shape even though he had an extra month holidays to the boys.
Thus had to spend the pre season running laps and could not spend time learning the game plan and playing in match sims.
Did not show any heart when he was played. Don't give me this out of position bullshit. The vast majority of our boys can be thrown in anywhere and will give it their all.
I"m not talking about possessions or goals. He was played in a position where supposedly that wasn't his job. Yet, (with the exception of one game) he showed no intent to put pressure on off the ball, run hard, tackle.

Didn't play particularly well at Peel given he was given prime roles to rack up possies and kick goals and that the standard is below AFL. If he's supposedly going to be another string to our bow at AFL level then I'd like to see him do it at WAFL level.

Most people are not maligning him because he's making skill errors or not getting enough of the pill, the don't like him because his attitude from day DOT sucks balls.

Sorry, he might be a docker but he's got his finger up his arse and until I see him remove it, I will continue to malign him.

I malign him because:

He's played over 150 games, he's not a naive kid yet:

Get's paid 350k year and isn't playing due to his attitude and now has clogged up our salary cap to go after someone who could help us win a flag.

Turned up to Pre season out of shape even though he had an extra month holidays to the boys.
Thus had to spend the pre season running laps and could not spend time learning the game plan and playing in match sims.
Did not show any heart when he was played. Don't give me this out of position bullshit. The vast majority of our boys can be thrown in anywhere and will give it their all.
I"m not talking about possessions or goals. He was played in a position where supposedly that wasn't his job. Yet, (with the exception of one game) he showed no intent to put pressure on off the ball, run hard, tackle.

Didn't play particularly well at Peel given he was given prime roles to rack up possies and kick goals and that the standard is below AFL. If he's supposedly going to be another string to our bow at AFL level then I'd like to see him do it at WAFL level.

Most people are not maligning him because he's making skill errors or not getting enough of the pill, the don't like him because his attitude from day DOT sucks balls.

Sorry, he might be a docker but he's got his finger up his arse and until I see him remove it, I will continue to malign him.

We receive the report, have small discussion, then straight back to previous unrelated topics! The system works.

Hopefully he has an injury free pre-season so we can see what he's capable of.
I think that is exactly right. If he is injury free and can get his fitness levels up to standard then he can play more in the midfield where I think he will be a greater asset to the team then just spending his day tackling in the forward line..

I think that is exactly right. If he is injury free and can get his fitness levels up to standard then he can play more in the midfield where I think he will be a greater asset to the team then just spending his day tackling in the forward line..

This exactly. He would essentially be an upgrade for a MDB/Suban at peak fitness/form.

Watched training for an hour or so this morning. Didn't provide any comfort whatsoever. Changes from last week - in Duffy, out Johnson. Johnno appeared late, jogged for a few minutes and then disappeared. Pav trained at half rat power, kicked gently. Mickey looked the most likely of the three but hard to tell as it was a non contact session pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back