Bartel hits back at diving claims

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, good on him for speaking out. He's had his character as a footballer questioned so it's fair he defends himself.
As Jimmy said, "The thing that bothered me was sort of the witch-hunt for the next four to five days with people saying I should be suspended and reprimanded."

Jimmy may have dived - he says he didn't - but I reckon he has enough credits in the bank after an illustrious career.

As Jimmy said, "The thing that bothered me was sort of the witch-hunt for the next four to five days with people saying I should be suspended and reprimanded."

Jimmy may have dived - he says he didn't - but I reckon he has enough credits in the bank after an illustrious career.

Actually attention being drawn to it is long overdue, it's exactly this "illustrious career' bullshit which had led people to turning a blind eye to his theatrics until now, obviously this one is a tad hard to ignore.

Not sure how he could defend such a blatant dive to be honest. He was barely touched and he threw himself forward like he had been shot out of a cannon.

Its the Geelong way

Actually attention being drawn to it is long overdue, it's exactly this "illustrious career' bullshit which had led people to turning a blind eye to his theatrics until now, obviously this one is a tad hard to ignore.
Remind me of the other examples. Specifics please, not generalizations.

Look I realise he exaggerated the leap forward (so call that a dive if you want), but you can clearly see the Hawthorn defender's elbow go into Jimmy's back.

Oh, God. Please stop. Suckling barely touched him.

The vision doesn't lie. Neither should Jimmy.

Oh, God. Please stop. Suckling barely touched him.

The vision doesn't lie. Neither should Jimmy.
Okay, we all agree he exaggerated. But is that cause to hang Jimmy out to dry? Just because he is a Geelong player; everyone is getting caught up in this hatred thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey while we're character assassinating Bartel , is Jimmy the weakest Brownlow medalist since Woewodin, or does that title go to Cooney?

Cooney was absolutely sensational in his brownlow year (as a 22 year old as well). It's just a shame his degenerative knee condition has wrecked his career.

No, good on him for speaking out. He's had his character as a footballer questioned so it's fair he defends himself.
People forget this stuff in a week anyway. Just creates more "he did, he didn't" arguments out of it almost a week later.

Hey while we're character assassinating Bartel , is Jimmy the weakest Brownlow medalist since Woewodin, or does that title go to Cooney?
My humour meter isn't working. are you trying to be funny or serious?

Character assassination? lol.

Turn it up, are you suggesting this is something that shouldn't be condemned and stamped out of the game? Are you suggesting a player defending an obvious dive isn't worthy of at least some ire and ridicule?

No doubt you were equally outraged at the flak Lindsey Thomas copped a few weeks ago.

Hawks are one of the worst for blocking, shepherding, etc tactics in marking contests (to the point where their supporters think it is within the rules). On first viewing I'd just assumed that was what happened again.

It did look bad on the replay, but if you note Suckling was trying to knock him off balance and remove him from the contest, he might've just clipped him in a way that resulted in that reaction.

Without Suckling's infringement Bartel was in the box seat and the fact he looked like he was setting up to mark rather than punch further supports that.

Not going to comment on the dive because that would just attract "Hurr hurr you have Linny Tomass in ur team" comments.

But the notion that someone has "Credits in the bank" is an absolute load of s**t, thats the whole problem with the MRP process at the moment, people are treated differently based on their history and who they are.

All incidents should be judged on their merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back